What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This is no longer a bad football team

The game was over when Powell fumbled in the third quarter. Yes, I realize we still had a four point lead at that point, but the game was lost. It was obvious to me. I had seen that play before and I knew how it ended. Until we get past that, we are what we are.

i agree. why are we even running Powell? Carr, Lee and Lindsay look sooooo much better. i don't get it!

The correct statement: CU is bad football team, very bad, but greatly improved.
I think CU will win two or three p12 games next year, but I don't see CU moving out of the bottom three until they move out of freaking LAST PLACE in the recruiting rankings. MM has shown no ability to recruit effectively. He's in a very tough position, but good recruiters seem to make real progress even in tough situations, starting with the in-state boys. Great recruiters work the in-state high school coaching community like politicians working on the campaign trail. Not doing this is sewing the seeds of failure.

Colorado is not very bad. If you have watched them this year you can see that. They just continue to crumble in close games.

Colorado is not very bad. If you have watched them this year you can see that. They just continue to crumble in close games.

I have watched them this year and they are bad. You're comparing CU this year to CU of prior years. One conference win in a season = bad. That's the definition of bad. You cannot spin it any other way. CU is competitive now when before they were not, but still bad. Most bad teams are exactly the same way, some close games and some blow outs, hanging tough for two or three quarters. Kansas played TCU to the wire.

I have watched them this year and they are bad. You're comparing CU this year to CU of prior years. One conference win in a season = bad. That's the definition of bad. You cannot spin it any other way. CU is competitive now when before they were not, but still bad. Most bad teams are exactly the same way, some close games and some blow outs, hanging tough for two or three quarters. Kansas played TCU to the wire.

I am not comparing them to the teams of the past I am comparing them to the teams they are playing on the field and outside of Stanford I didn't see a bad team on the field. Kasnas lost 38-13 against Iowa St. Got blown out by by more than 30 points 4 times already this year and lost at Rutgers. If you watch them they are not good. TCU came off their first loss of the season and lost their heisman hopeful quarterback against Kansas.

I am not comparing them to the teams of the past I am comparing them to the teams they are playing on the field and outside of Stanford I didn't see a bad team on the field. Kasnas lost 38-13 against Iowa St. Got blown out by by more than 30 points 4 times already this year and lost at Rutgers. If you watch them they are not good. TCU came off their first loss of the season and lost their heisman hopeful quarterback against Kansas.

Kansas is acknowledged by many to be an Historically Bad Football Team. Look around at the other bottom dwellers: blowouts, closer games, almost games, etc. Very similar to CU.

Only a few CU fans actually think CU is not a bad team. Everyone else in the world is not wrong on this.

CU is a bad football team. No other way to spin it. Could have actually lost two more games so don't play the could've, would've card.
CU will remain a bad football team for a long time. Our recruiting is bad. This year, we are in last place in the P12 and 2/3 of our class had no offers from any BCS school.

The correct statement: CU is bad football team, very bad, but greatly improved.
I think CU will win two or three p12 games next year, but I don't see CU moving out of the bottom three until they move out of freaking LAST PLACE in the recruiting rankings. MM has shown no ability to recruit effectively. He's in a very tough position, but good recruiters seem to make real progress even in tough situations, starting with the in-state boys. Great recruiters work the in-state high school coaching community like politicians working on the campaign trail. Not doing this is sewing the seeds of failure.
^^^^^^^^^^ This x1000 ^^^^^^^^^^^^

CU is a bad football team. No other way to spin it. Could have actually lost two more games so don't play the could've, would've card.
CU will remain a bad football team for a long time. Our recruiting is bad. This year, we are in last place in the P12 and 2/3 of our class had no offers from any BCS school.

Udoffia, Roberts, Blackmon, julmisse, Huntley and watts all have other P5 offers. I'm not playing could have would have but you can see this isn't a bad team, they are close and I am frustrated along with the rest of the fans but I'm not going to sit back and say they suck. That just isn't true. We have been over recruiting a thousand times and we all agree it needs to get better.

Udoffia, Roberts, Blackmon, julmisse, Huntley and watts all have other P5 offers. I'm not playing could have would have but you can see this isn't a bad team, they are close and I am frustrated along with the rest of the fans but I'm not going to sit back and say they suck. That just isn't true. We have been over recruiting a thousand times and we all agree it needs to get better.
What definition of suck does current CU fans use? Is the bar this low?

What definition of suck does current CU fans use? Is the bar this low?

This team has had a chance in every game but stanford. Mac might not be the guy to bring them to the next level of winning those but they are close and it is easy to see. It's not like teams are just kicking our ass every week. The line between where we are at and a bowl team is very thin and I'm not sitting here saying we definitely have the people in place to cross that line but it's not going to take much.

This team has had a chance in every game but stanford. Mac might not be the guy to bring them to the next level of winning those but they are close and it is easy to see. It's not like teams are just kicking our ass every week. The line between where we are at and a bowl team is very thin and I'm not sitting here saying we definitely have the people in place to cross that line but it's not going to take much.
Yep, and until that happens, we are bad.

It takes 4 full years to improve from suck to below average. Don't you guys know that?

To answer the thread title. Yes we are. We are a ****ty team. I really do not see how we do this. Sitting up until midnight week after week, watching our team get their ass' kicked, to then go to bed and have my wife wake up and ask "did they win?" and me say "of course not", "but we were close and found a new way to lose" is growing really old.

Yes, we are still a bad team. 2016 is going to determine MM's fate here.

...Kasnas lost 38-13 against Iowa St. Got blown out by by more than 30 points 4 times already this year and lost at Rutgers. If you watch them they are not good..,
Not to play word games, but whether you want to call this Buff team 'bad' or not, I think we're pretty near unanimous that they are 'not good'...

To answer the thread title. Yes we are. We are a ****ty team. I really do not see how we do this. Sitting up until midnight week after week, watching our team get their ass' kicked, to then go to bed and have my wife wake up and ask "did they win?" and me say "of course not", "but we were close and found a new way to lose" is growing really old.

Yup, that move to the p12 is really paying off so far. Money reportedly less than expectations, no rivals, no uptick in CA recruiting, no uptick in CO recruiting, no wins, no fans, playing games after bedtime.

Yup, that move to the p12 is really paying off so far. Money reportedly less than expectations, no rivals, no uptick in CA recruiting, no uptick in CO recruiting, no wins, no fans, playing games after bedtime.
great point, but this is actually in our favor.

browns.jpg

But no one can watch us on television, so we got that going for us... which is nice.

This is no longer a bad football team

Most often I feel that too much credence is given to fans having much impact on CU football, recruiting especially. But there is too much bull**** from people with attitudes like "This is no longer a bad football team" that filter up to Benson and DiStaphano which encourages these schmucks that they are A-OK with what happens on Saturdays. This site was was the epicenter for the revolt to fire Embree. But this site can also be the epicenter for positive change. But nothing positive is going to come from the "keep the course" or "this team isn't bad" viruses that infect whats left of the fan base. Benson, DiStaphano, and George need to know that what they are doing or allowing to be done is not working. Rick Geoarge needs his feet held to the fire to make his football coach either get a staff that can recruit P5 level players or get a new staff.

4-8 (1-7) is bad.

They lost to friggin' Hawaii.

There's no way of avoiding this. It is a bad football team that isn't any different than last season: improved only from the perspective of comparing it to what was the worst program in P5 football for the 4 previous seasons to last year.

Back