What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This is not good

it is interesting to see an outsider say it in print like that.

i've wondered if any of our larger boosters have been quite this blunt with the school administrators.

i know that if i were a 100k+ donor, i'd ask for a meeting w/ distef and bohn and ask them to explain why any of us donors, large or small, should continue to fund an enterprise that the university itself doesn't seem to wish to support. the commitment to win has to exist from the top down. retaining hawkins, imho, is going to end up costing the school tons of money.

Just like how the pendulum swung too far one direction when CU was looked at as a rent-a-thug program, maybe the over-reaction to the scandal is finally running out of steam as stuff like this gets printed. Please let this be the beginning of the end of the ivory tower hysteria that has crippled our AD. It would be nice if we could see things swing back to the middle. You know, where CU runs a clean program and our athletes go to class... but we're also able to get anyone admitted who would also be accepted into Cal as a varsity athlete and our admissions board starts accepting coursework in subjects like geography along with online credits so we can have a better opportunity of getting some more JUCOs and D1 transfers into our athletic programs.

Articles like that are hard to read, but hard messages usually are. There are some people at CU and among the Regents who need to figure out a mission for achieving excellence in everything CU does... and that includes successful athletics (potentially the best and most powerful advertisement there is for the university).

They prolly were influenced by message boards. ;)

:yeahthat:

I hate seeing stuff like that.

I second that one. Very painful to see when I know so many people fans still care.

Bet your right. By the way, what do you fellas think of the new sig. line & pick?

Very nice. It's so true. I got hit by an ice storm on my way back from Omaha one Thanksgiving. Now, why I chose to go to Omaha for Thanksgiving when all my family is in Cali I will never know; but it happened :doh:.

It was linked on the rivals site. Sucks to read something like that about CU from an outsider.

Sometimes the truth hurts and it serves as a wake-up call for those in charge. I'm sure that there are plenty of folks who are getting copies of this column sent to them via e-mail right now.

Just like how the pendulum swung too far one direction when CU was looked at as a rent-a-thug program, maybe the over-reaction to the scandal is finally running out of steam as stuff like this gets printed. Please let this be the beginning of the end of the ivory tower hysteria that has crippled our AD. It would be nice if we could see things swing back to the middle. You know, where CU runs a clean program and our athletes go to class... but we're also able to get anyone admitted who would also be accepted into Cal as a varsity athlete and our admissions board starts accepting coursework in subjects like geography along with online credits so we can have a better opportunity of getting some more JUCOs and D1 transfers into our athletic programs.

Articles like that are hard to read, but hard messages usually are. There are some people at CU and among the Regents who need to figure out a mission for achieving excellence in everything CU does... and that includes successful athletics (potentially the best and most powerful advertisement there is for the university).

Very hard to read. Makes your heart ache. HOWEVER, like you said, hopefully this is the tail end of this far-flung shift in the opposite direction. It's time to find some middle ground. CU has a proud football tradition and it can't be choked to death like this. Also, as I and others have said on here before, football (and basketball) is THE front door to a university. The academics can think what they want, but CU in a BCS game or, don't laugh, a Final Four, would be huge for enrollment, donations and overall morale.

They need to see that athletics can be used as a great tool for academics. Once they figure that out there will be nothing holding our great school back -- on the field or in the classroom.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ho-could-duplicate-alabamas-turnaround#page/2

Once thoughts like this are out there, it is hard to shake. Damnit.

Obviously there are people out there like Trey who see CU football for what it is and share the same opinions about Talkins as others who post here. Yes, it was tough to read but it's going to get alot tougher if the team has another bad year. Then I can only imagine what writers like Trey will be saying.

Hopefully this will show the administration what they have created, unless of course this is what they wanted. Retaining Hawk looks like nothing more than accepting failure.

Hopefully this will show the administration what they have created, unless of course this is what they wanted. Retaining Hawk looks like nothing more than accepting failure.

Shut the **** up. Of course, I'll be the one ripped for this post. But, seriously, this **** is getting really old.

I know you want to ignore all the negativity DBT and you want to attack the source and other posters, but does this perception not concern you? It may seem like piling on, but I am sure plenty of people from all over the country saw that. The fact that an unbiased outsider thinks that really sucks.

Yeah, DBT. All White Rabbit said was that this will hopefully put some pressure on CUs administration to change their MO because it looks like this is the administration accepting failure. I thought that was the point of this entire discussion... what the public perception of the move is -- based on the bleacher report posting. What got you upset there? :confused:

meh, this guy thought cincinnati could have beaten alabama had the nubs beaten texas........ right (but maybe kelley would have stayed for that, giving them a shot?)

funny were the bruins and nubs, still a "nick saban" away :nod: (he did say in the miami pick that it doesn't imply their current coach won't be the guy, but that is the premise of his entire article)

also funny in the nubs pick: "The key will be an impressive, undefeated non-conference slate." something the nebraska sunbelters will never achieve

lastly, fwiw, i think iowa is more deserving than some of these teams, esp mich st and the aggies

SSDD. This nightmare will not end until Hack is sacked, and the position of CU's administration on athletics changes dramatically. We suck, and will continue to do so in the near future. I just hope this is the last season with the POS head coach who has and is continuing to burn CU football to the ground.

lastly, fwiw, i think iowa is more deserving than some of these teams, esp mich st and the aggies

Iowa has hit it's ceiling. It is a very good program, but it has severe limitations. Geography and recruiting main among them. You can't get the same kind of players that Alabama and Texas have to go to Iowa. Aggie and Michigan State don't have those same problems.

Iowa has hit it's ceiling. It is a very good program, but it has severe limitations. Geography and recruiting main among them. You can't get the same kind of players that Alabama and Texas have to go to Iowa. Aggie and Michigan State don't have those same problems.

You may have a point with A&M, they are more screwed by being the the Big XII south with OU and UT. But Mich St has exactly those problems, with big brother Michigan and close by Ohio St to deal with.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ho-could-duplicate-alabamas-turnaround#page/2

Once thoughts like this are out there, it is hard to shake. Damnit.

Is anyone surprised by this? This is exactly what many of us were saying would be the result of sticking with Danny. For those of us exposed every frickin day to universities that take their athletic programs seriously (and recognize the amazing financial benefits to these universities from success in athletics), these sorts of articles about the Buffs are completely predictable. Anybody who thinks differently has his/her head firmly implanted in the sand (or in other, less appealing locations).

We sure as hell better hope Danny can pull something out next year, or the situation at this time next year will be significantly worse than today.

SSDD. This nightmare will not end until Hack is sacked, and the position of CU's administration on athletics changes dramatically. We suck, and will continue to do so in the near future. I just hope this is the last season with the POS head coach who has and is continuing to burn CU football to the ground.

No more SSDD for me. Back on the ignore list.

Talkins, Sqwalkins, Hack, Juicebox, Danny, etc. I'm getting so sick of all of this junior high name calling ****. You people, honestly, sound like 11 year olds. Even worse, 11 year old little girls.

Last edited:
Talkins, Sqwalkins, Hack, Juicebox, etc. I'm getting so sick of all of this junior high name calling ****. You people, honestly, sound like 11 year olds. Even worse, 11 year old little girls.

Don't forget "Danny."

Talkins, Sqwalkins, Hack, Juicebox, Danny, etc. I'm getting so sick of all of this junior high name calling ****. You people, honestly, sound like 11 year olds. Even worse, 11 year old little girls.

Yeah, once or twice maybe, but every single post gets very very old.

Back