What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This just in: Colorado and Oklahoma are not the same school

Well that was some hilariously bizarre arguing from the OU faithful.

C: "Kid doing bad things off the hook at OU"
O: "CU had guys doing bad things too!"
C: "Yes and we punished them for it"
O: "So you admit that CU is as bad as OU"
C: "No your coach said he won't punish the kid"
O: "Carmello Anthony is "on the field" for CU games the quote means nothing."
C: "What"
O: "Boomer Sooner"

Nobody ****ing said any ****ing injustice happened to these CU players. I am more than fine with Katoa missing this season, and no real complaint with Sipili or Geer. The question is, why won't OU take the same action, and why do you and LB feel the need to keep distorting what CU fans say here in order to defend OU? :huh:

are you bunnyloving serious?

the ONLY distortion on this thread has been those who have taken one quote and stretched it a mile. in their stretch, they have jar jar jaboe banking some mad play time for OU this fall.

now does any one of you who have pitchforks ready to march on Norman have one SHRED of evidence that this kid will see any playing time this fall? any link will do. if you have none, it may be wise to eat shoe.

if it comes to pass, then i agree to acknowledge any of the opinion that a good ole fashioned tar and feathering is due as the grand poohbah of cfb.

the ONLY distortion on this thread has been those who have taken one quote and stretched it a mile. in their stretch, they have jar jar jaboe banking some mad play time for OU this fall.

now does any one of you who have pitchforks ready to march on Norman have one SHRED of evidence that this kid will see any playing time this fall? any link will do. if you have none, it may be wise to eat shoe.

if it comes to pass, then i agree to acknowledge any of the opinion that a good ole fashioned tar and feathering is due as the grand poohbah of cfb.

If he's not going to play anyway, why shouldn't Stoops just suspend him for a year? Publicly say he'll be allowed to practice, but not play and that would be good enough for me and probably everyone else here.

But we both know he's not going to do that, don't we? Because we both know if the kid is good enough, he'll be on the field from day 1.

If he's not going to play anyway, why shouldn't Stoops just suspend him for a year? Publicly say he'll be allowed to practice, but not play and that would be good enough for me and probably everyone else here.

But we both know he's not going to do that, don't we? Because we both know if the kid is good enough, he'll be on the field from day 1.

if i were you, i would curtail the use of "we". YOU might be of that opinion. i do not doubt there are others here who prefer to think so, as well. i shall do my thinking for myself, instead of having you do it for me.

I do not suppose that is the only way it could go down. I would prefer to let the proof be in the pudding - and that entails a wait and see stance.

if i were you, i would curtail the use of "we". YOU might be of that opinion. i do not doubt there are others here who prefer to think so, as well. i shall do my thinking for myself, instead of having you do it for me.

I do not suppose that is the only way it could go down. I would prefer to let the proof be in the pudding - and that entails a wait and see stance.

The way I see it, stoops made no hint that he would do anything according to his response on the situation.That's how I read it. I think people are upset with the whole sipili,katoa and geer situation and would just like to see some of the same discipline handed out.

Oh wait,did I say some people? Sorry meant I.

I think he shouldn't be allowed to play. I am tired of cu players getting suspended while others do not.

I DIDN'T SEE A WAIT AND SEE STANCE WITH KATOA,SIPILI OR GEER.

I am done.

The way I see it, stoops made no hint that he would do anything according to his response on the situation.That's how I read it. I think people are upset with the whole sipili,katoa and geer situation and would just like to see some of the same discipline handed out.

Oh wait,did I say some people? Sorry meant I.

I think he shouldn't be allowed to play. I am tired of cu players getting suspended while others do not.

I DIDN'T SEE A WAIT AND SEE STANCE WITH KATOA,SIPILI OR GEER.

I am done.

... so are you saying that stoops needs to tell you first? how about this? try to be less of a crybaby until the kid actually plays. m'kay?

OK, how is this - I think all that Sooner sperm has invaded your body and clouded your judgment. Better?

:lol: someone hasn't heard of a condom!

... so are you saying that stoops needs to tell you first? how about this? try to be less of a crybaby until the kid actually plays. m'kay?

Alerting the public via press releases and quotes (like he just did) is an integral part of the head coach's position and necessary for creating and maintaining the integrity of the program.

not at all. we got married. you are the board president of the "married men don't get sex" club, aren't you? :lol:

BTW, the correct response to that comment is "We got married. I don't have to do that anymore except on special occasions."

Alerting the public via press releases and quotes (like he just did) is an integral part of the head coach's position and necessary for creating and maintaining the integrity of the program.

agreed. i did not read anywhere in his quote that he got off scott-free. did you?

some may prefer to shoot the messenger first and ask questions later. some prefer to put the cart before the horse. some assume that OU owes them an explanation NOW.

if anything, it is entertaining.

That's why they are good at football.

A few months ago I was listening to ESPN radio. Colin Cowherd said it best: You can't win in sports when you have a bunch of do-goodies, liberal hippies running your campus. He specifically pointed out Cal and Colorado, who have the ability to to be great, but just aren't anymore... It's true, let's face it... A lot of great athletes do stupid $h!t from time to time, and CU just won't have any of it...

A few months ago I was listening to ESPN radio. Colin Cowherd said it best: You can't win in sports when you have a bunch of do-goodies, liberal hippies running your campus. He specifically pointed out Cal and Colorado, who have the ability to to be great, but just aren't anymore... It's true, let's face it... A lot of great athletes do stupid !t from time to time, and CU just won't have any of it...
Being bad/evil does not equal being good at football....

Can't agree with you there.

Must have been one hell of a position!!

What, like in the back seat of a volkswaggon?

So long as Jarboe wasn't racoon hunting on his HS campus, what's the big deal?

But seriously, CU is hyper-sensitive coming out of the recruitment scandal era. OU is operating under a different moral environment at the city and state level.

I don't really care about what Stoops and OU does relative to CU. I want CU to be consistent and take the high road because it's the right thing to do. I do not want to rub any CU rightiousness in the noses of the Sooners nor anyone else.

But seriously, CU is hyper-sensitive coming out of the recruitment scandal era. OU is operating under a different moral environment at the city and state level.

I don't really care about what Stoops and OU does relative to CU. I want CU to be consistent and take the high road because it's the right thing to do. I do not want to rub any CU rightiousness in the noses of the Sooners nor anyone else.

scoreboard.

A few months ago I was listening to ESPN radio. Colin Cowherd said it best: You can't win in sports when you have a bunch of do-goodies, liberal hippies running your campus. He specifically pointed out Cal and Colorado, who have the ability to to be great, but just aren't anymore... It's true, let's face it... A lot of great athletes do stupid !t from time to time, and CU just won't have any of it...

No offense, but that is a horrible attitude. Football players don't have to be a bunch do goodies, but they also don't need to beating people up. There are far bigger factors at both Cal and CU that hinder the programs than how players are punished.

And for future reference, please don't ever base your argument on whatever Colin Cowherd has said.:wink2:

No offense, but that is a horrible attitude. Football players don't have to be a bunch do goodies, but they also don't need to beating people up. There are far bigger factors at both Cal and CU that hinder the programs than how players are punished.

And for future reference, please don't ever base your argument on whatever Colin Cowherd has said.:wink2:

Colin cowherd makes me sick.

:lol:

:lol: Ahhhh, memories of Joey Lauren Adams.

Leave the bunny and other critter loving to the fuskers, mmkay??

But when your hubby starts accusing me of saying things I never said (such as Katoa, Geer and Sipili being unfairly treated) then you are relieved of your wifely obligations to him, as he can go take on such duties himself, so far as I care. That is the distortion to which I refer, both when directed at me and others buff fans here who were accused of being hypocrites for suggesting that the punishment given the CU players would be equally appropriate at OU.

Like Syko, I am also done...

Okay on second chances, but where is the accountability? Even if he were suspended for a season, he could use his redshirt season (ala Katoa - hopefully). Why not let him know that such behavior will not be tolerated?

OU and Bob Stoops had the chance to make a statement to their players and to the rest of the college football world - and they did.

might ought to rewind the tape one year and see what Stoop's actions were as far as the wide receiver from Norman High that got busted for stealing gas from closed gas stations by use of a "master" key to turn the pump on? :wink2:

Well, all you have to do is look at how Utah handled the Kaufusi situation to know that it doesn't really matter where he is at the time. Utah dropped Kaufusi like a rock. This doesn't paint OU in a very positive light, I'm afraid. All scholarship offers are contingent upon the athlete abiding by certain standards of conduct.

as what I read comes from scout.com, they say and I'll paraphrase (is this ok Matt?), Kaufusi lived 3 years at a house for troubled youth because of his repreated inability to stay on the right side of the law. seems a bit different than a person's 1st time being on the wrong side of the law, as in this ki's case. from what I read about Kaufusi, even with his checkered past, CU and Hawkins were at one point very interested in him. is this correct?

Back