What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This one hurts

At least they're not quitting like they have in recent years. I'll give them that!

We're seeing improvement. The offensive numbers put up yesterday. The next big lesson our team will learn is to FINISH!

I'm fine with another year of Mac. This isn't a dumpster fire. We seem close to a bowl team. A senior QB led team next year should finally get us wins in games like yesterday.
Sort of share your optimism, cautiously, looks almost like last season though, 'just about over the hump and a Junior QB-led team should finally get us the close wins...'

Sort of share your optimism, cautiously, looks almost like last season though, 'just about over the hump and a Junior QB-led team should finally get us the close wins...'
If any thing has been demonstrated the last 2-3 seasons is Sefo's and BL's singular inability to win close games with the O. If it hasn't changed by now I have no reason to think it will in the future.

We flat out outplayed UCLA yesterday but lost this game in the first half. 3 trips into the red zone and one field goal to show for it. Yes this one hurts because we found a way to lose instead of getting the W.

We flat out outplayed UCLA yesterday but lost this game in the first half. 3 trips into the red zone and one field goal to show for it. Yes this one hurts because we found a way to lose instead of getting the W.

And it did rip my guts out. Glad it was halloween and they could use it for decorations as the trick or treaters came by. Should have seen the ****ers jump as I tried to stuff them back into my stomach area.

I watched the last quarter of the CU game at my Husker neighbor's house (kids bday party, so piss bombs weren't in the cards & besides they indulged me by turning the channel to our game). They had just watched the blackshirts get 55 dropped on them by ****ing Purdue. At one point, when we had the lead & I was lamenting about how we tend to give away games in the 4th, one of them commented, "Hell, I'd take your coach right now."

They can have him. At least they can have Lindgren

Can't find who said it, but someone mentioned how UCLA just knew they were going to win. That's true. It reminds me of CU when I was younger and UVA before that (a brief period in which they were a consistently ranked team, including number 1 until the end of Oct. 1990). You'd have an off-day and a scare, but at the end of the day you knew you weren't going to lose to Wake Forest or Maryland at home. It just wasn't happening. Duke was that team 5-10 years ago -- they came close a great deal against opponents. Somehow, someway they eventually broke through. We're those guys... A Missouri of 15-25 years ago.

Can't find who said it, but someone mentioned how UCLA just knew they were going to win. That's true. It reminds me of CU when I was younger and UVA before that (a brief period in which they were a consistently ranked team, including number 1 until the end of Oct. 1990). You'd have an off-day and a scare, but at the end of the day you knew you weren't going to lose to Wake Forest or Maryland at home. It just wasn't happening. Duke was that team 5-10 years ago -- they came close a great deal against opponents. Somehow, someway they eventually broke through. We're those guys... A Missouri of 15-25 years ago.
It was me who said it.

(a) Does someone have a link to Sefo's post-game interview where he's allegedly pretty blasé?

(b) Not living in the Centennial State anymore, I go to my fair share of road games the last half-decade or so. And I have to say, this years' roadies (@OSU and @UCLA) have been the most promising I've seen us play in a long time. Yes, the OSU game was uggggly, but it was a gritty road win that hadn't happened in about 2 years' time.

As for the UCLA game, I've not seen us dominate a ranked team on the road like that in many, many years. On one hand, it's incredibly frustrating to lose a game that UCLA really had no business even being competitive in. On the other hand, the way we asserted ourselves in the run game was a thing of beauty. UCLA knew what we were planning on doing, we did it anyway, and we'd still gain 4-7 yards on a run up the gut.

Our D was stout for the most part, a few huge plays being the exception. But I don't think too many people will have problems with our D if it continues to play at that level throughout Pac-12 play this year. Sefo is a warrior. But quite frankly, he makes bad decisions. His two picks were just terrible throws that no Pac-12 QB should ever make. I'm pretty sure he knew he was making that ill-advised throw to end the game as he broke the huddle. That being said, he is very much the best we have. But all that's really for another post.

The main thing to take away is that, in my opinion, this team is actually on the verge of turning the corner. And yes, I've seen that claimed before from people, and it sounds like a broken record. And I've always sort of rolled my eyes when hearing/reading it, based on what I'd seen. This time, it actually feels different. We belong on the same field as top-25 teams on the road. That says a lot. Sefo makes one less mistake, or Ross catches a ball that hits him in the hands in the endzone (either one), and we win. Hell, if we cut down on even half of the mistakes from yesterday, we pretty much blow out #24 UCLA in the Rose Bowl...

So seeing so much negativism and anger (understandably), I just wanted to remind you guys (and the lurkers reading) that there is hope!

UCLA had no reason to be competitive? They are loaded with talent and the back breaking run and long pass they had showed they could have run away with it. I criticize MM often, but that game plan was well done. Except for lack of RZ offense, notably exection but even play calls.

Huge 70 yard runs have been happening against us all season. Not having a legit LB Corp tends to do that to you.

We get more true depth on defense and we start winning mid to late season games like yesterday.

I don't understand the whole concept of "The offense did really good, except for the red zone" as an acceptable excuse. Points. Points are what matter. You get them in the red zone (most of the time).

We proved that having 500 yds and 800 billion plays from scrimmage mean exactly ****.

Lot of people placing their faith in the fact that UCLA is a Top25 team. Im not sure that they are there at the end of the year, though. Cal is their biggest win, and that becomes more suspect as the season rolls on.

Lot of people placing their faith in the fact that UCLA is a Top25 team. Im not sure that they are there at the end of the year, though. Cal is their biggest win, and that becomes more suspect as the season rolls on.

CU played much better. But methinks UCLA isn't much of a team either. Re-evaluate the quality of this lose at the end of the season.

Back