What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This one is ALL on the coaching staff.

Goldenbuff12

Good coaches don't let teams come back from 21-0 scores. Absolutely unacceptable.

Yeah. Your right. They also are responsible for cody throwing like **** all game.

Actually they are. Run the ball a little more and stop putting into Cody's hands every single game.

And that fourth down call completely changed the game. Yep, no blame for the coaches at all.

No more free passes.

Actually they are. Run the ball a little more and stop putting into Cody's hands every single game.

And that fourth down call completely changed the game. Yep, no blame for the coaches at all.

No more free passes.

With what running game. I didn't see it in the second half.

With what running game. I didn't see it in the second half.

A solid running game is all about trying to establish it. You have to stick with it, especially going into the wind. Run time off the clock.

I guess I'm watching different games than everyone else.

No more free passes.

Yup, that 4th down call when they were up 21-0 is unexcusable. Absolutely terrible. It didn't cost them the game, but it gave ISU momentum to build on and took a lot of wind out of CU's sails.

No more free passes.

The coaches are to blame. Abandoning the run in the third quarter after we ran it down their throats late in the first half is unacceptable, and way too common for this staff.

Cody is to blame. If we are going to abandon the run, he has got to make good throws. He did not.

And the officials are to blame. Regardless of how badly CU played in the second half, they made the plays to get a chance at a game tying FG. They made that FG. TWICE. And it was arbitrarily taken away.

There is more than enough blame to go around for this loss.

A solid running game is all about trying to establish it. You have to stick with it, especially going into the wind. Run time off the clock.

I guess I'm watching different games than everyone else.

Couldnt agree more, your up 21 in the second half RUN THE ****ING BALL. Remember the OU game? We had a few negative runs and were stuffed a few times but we stuck with it and hugh had a great game. Today we passed inc, passed inc, passed inc, punt.

Per radio - Dan Hawkins: "i let the damn break on the 4th down call"

Hopefully he realizes now why there is a punter on the team. Its okay to use him. Dont get me wrong I love aggresive playcalling but its all about the situation, that was not the situation.

The fact that CU LOST this game makes it equal to losing to Montana State last year. It might just set back our whole season... might cost us recruits... might cost the seniors a bowl trip.

Iowa State lost to NORTHERN IOWA! For those of you who don't know, that is a I-AA school. They also found a way to beat them at Ames badly!

KENT STATE beat ISU... Kent is LAST in the MAC conference.

This is just a huge loss that didn't have to be. All because of that stupid play call inside of our side of the field. ISU hadn't done anything all day, our defense was holding them off the scoreboard... why give them a short field?

Hawkins lost this game, he might have lost the rest of this season too. Sad because the team had really fought hard to be a good position for a bowl year.

The fact that CU LOST this game makes it equal to losing to Montana State last year. It might just set back our whole season... might cost us recruits... might cost the seniors a bowl trip.

Iowa State lost to NORTHERN IOWA! For those of you who don't know, that is a I-AA school. They also found a way to beat them at Ames badly!

KENT STATE beat ISU... Kent is LAST in the MAC conference.

Iowa State also BEAT Kansas State. They BEAT Iowa. They were a play or two away from beating Oklahoma. They were 3 plays away from beating Missouri.

Your notions of the quality of this ISU team are ridiculous. They're hot right now, we played a horrible second half, and we still should have beaten them in their own house (on senior day, no less). I'm not upset about the performance the buffs turned in this saturday, but I'm furious at the performance the refs turned in. Absolutely unacceptable. They should be banned for life for that nonsense.

Everyone's that bitching and complaining about how they're ****in' concerned about Hawk and **** needs to shut the **** up. Fine, disagree with some calls and be frustrated with some plays/players, but don't hang out the program, coaches and players out to dry with your words. You all make fun of NU for their harsh fans; well stop acting like such immature oversensitive, hyprocritical dumb asses.

The loss sucked. 4th down sucked. Refs apparently sucked. Ok, get over it, and remain supportive of your team. It's bandwagon fans that will slow down CU's return to the top 10/25. It always amazes me how intelligent people think they are. It comes out so disgustingly in sports, particularly football. Why did we just throw? Why did we just run? Why do another screen? Why blitz? Why, why, whine, whine, whine. Look, if you're such a ****in' football genius, then try to be a coach yourself. JimmyBuff - your posts are some of the most idiotic and sensitive things I've ever read...I hope you're a better and more emotionally stable person that your writing.

EVERYONE - stop thinking the world is falling apart. We have NU next - we'll still be bowl eligible if we win. At the start of the year, 5-6 wins seemed like a good goal. We're getting better, but just unfortunately lost today. Cheer up everybody - be proud of your team! If you're not proud, then choose another team and go away.

This whole vibe is really starting to piss me off! The performance, the posters here, the whole deal. I'm going to go mix a BV & Coke and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with my 3 year old. In the immortal words of Eric Cartman, "SCREW YOU GUYS, I'M GOIN' HOME!!!"

This whole vibe is really starting to piss me off! The performance, the posters here, the whole deal. I'm going to go mix a BV & Coke and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with my 3 year old. In the immortal words of Eric Cartman, "SCREW YOU GUYS, I'M GOIN' HOME!!!"

don't throw the baby out with the wash. its not ALL posters.

some do totally suck, though.

EVERYONE - stop thinking the world is falling apart. We have NU next - we'll still be bowl eligible if we win. At the start of the year, 5-6 wins seemed like a good goal. We're getting better, but just unfortunately lost today. Cheer up everybody - be proud of your team! If you're not proud, then choose another team and go away.

:yeahthat:

Everyone's that bitching and complaining about how they're ****in' concerned about Hawk and **** needs to shut the **** up. Fine, disagree with some calls and be frustrated with some plays/players, but don't hang out the program, coaches and players out to dry with your words. You all make fun of NU for their harsh fans; well stop acting like such immature oversensitive, hyprocritical dumb asses.

The loss sucked. 4th down sucked. Refs apparently sucked. Ok, get over it, and remain supportive of your team. It's bandwagon fans that will slow down CU's return to the top 10/25. It always amazes me how intelligent people think they are. It comes out so disgustingly in sports, particularly football. Why did we just throw? Why did we just run? Why do another screen? Why blitz? Why, why, whine, whine, whine. Look, if you're such a ****in' football genius, then try to be a coach yourself. JimmyBuff - your posts are some of the most idiotic and sensitive things I've ever read...I hope you're a better and more emotionally stable person that your writing.

A couple points:

1. I've been going to Buff games since birth. I haven't missed a home game in 10 years or so. Can you say the same? I'm hardly a bandwagon fan.

2. The coaching staff sucked today. Going for it on 4th when they were up 21-0, abandoning the run, unimaginative playcalling, no adjustments, etc. There is no excuse for that and it's about time the staff owned up to it.

3. This team is not getting better, unfortunately. They're regressing.

A couple points:

1. I've been going to Buff games since birth. I haven't missed a home game in 10 years or so. Can you say the same? I'm hardly a bandwagon fan.

2. The coaching staff sucked today. Going for it on 4th when they were up 21-0, abandoning the run, unimaginative playcalling, no adjustments, etc. There is no excuse for that and it's about time the staff owned up to it.

3. This team is not getting better, unfortunately. They're regressing.

rino, what you are really looking for is angry sex. hire a babysitter and let it all out with the bosses missus... :lol:

rino, what you are really looking for is angry sex. hire a babysitter and let it all out with the bosses missus... :lol:

That's later. I'm just angry now. Even with the refs sucking like they did today (and oh, did they suck - I personally liked the chop block call on a perfectly legit block that cost CU 7 points in the first half), the coaches and team really screwed the pooch today.

That's later. I'm just angry now. Even with the refs sucking like they did today (and oh, did they suck - I personally liked the chop block call on a perfectly legit block that cost CU 7 points in the first half), the coaches and team really screwed the pooch today.

i know. all the more reason for angry sex. :nods:

You underestimate their suckitude. You say the chop block was on a "perfectly legit block". It was actually on "no ****ing block at all". Watching the replays, Cody never made contact with a Clown on that play, but still got a TD nullifying 15 yard penalty. Total and complete horse****. I believe CU did get a TD on that possession, so it wasn't ultimately a factor - but it was a great indicator of what was in store for the Buffs the rest of the day. With the ISU victory by unanimous judges decision being the topper... :huh:

You underestimate their suckitude. You say the chop block was on a "perfectly legit block". It was actually on "no ****ing block at all". Watching the replays, Cody never made contact with a Clown on that play, but still got a TD nullifying 15 yard penalty. Total and complete horse****. I believe CU did get a TD on that possession, so it wasn't ultimately a factor - but it was a great indicator of what was in store for the Buffs the rest of the day. With the ISU victory by unanimous judges decision being the topper... :huh:

I'm not talking about the call on Cody, I'm talking about the second one they called on Jagoras where Sprague scored on the reverse. Replay showed Jagoras was the only one to even make contact with the ISU player when he cut blocked him.

Cody's was a BS call, too, but I can at least see why they called it. D lineman was engaged and Cody went low. Didn't do anything, but he broke the spirit of the rule. The call on Jagoras was bizarre. Nobody else had touched the ISU defender and Jagoras went low to block him and gets called for an illegal chop block on a running play? Sprague scored on that play, but the penalty was called and CU got no points that drive (I believe that was the missed FG by Eberhart in the first half).

I really really want Hawk to succeed and thus the BUffs as a whole to excel but I can't just sit here and say we are young and give him time....The time is now and to blow a 21-0 lead this late in the season to a 2-8 team is inexcusable! it just can't happen. I get so tired of seeing shots of Hawk on the sideline when the wheels are falling off just standing there clapping with a puzzled look on his face. I call it the "Hawk face" and you all know which look I am talking about.

He talks about buying in and getting fired up, well he needs to show some of that on the sidelines. Call a TO and chew someone out, show us you know that "it's division 1 football!!" In other words, follow your own advice Hawk.

Win all us complainers back in 2 weeks with a solid win against our hated rival, please for the sake of CU football come out prepared and ready to roll, you have 2 weeks to get ready for NU.

I can't just sit here and say we are young and give him time.

But that is exactly what it is. Our freshmen QB had a horrible day. Our young oline didn't give hawk much to work with. We were playing without our 2 all big 12 players in the secondary.

Don't get me wrong. I am very pissed at Hawk and staff for this debaucle(sp?). But talking about anyone getting fired at this point is dumb.

There's plenty of blame to go around after this game.

Coaches: The fact that the game completely turned after half tells me that our staff doesn't know how to make adjustments at halftime. This is a trend that has killed us all year. We always look bad in the third quarter. Need to change this, and quickly.

The offense bogged down, but as far as the coaches go I was more disappointed with the defense not being able to do anything in the third quarter. I know that T-Wheat and Walters were out. That's tough. But, you have to have the backups ready to play and our secondary looked completely lost that entire quarter. We also didn't do a good job of disguising our blitzes. I guess I should be happy that they at least tried to mix in some blitzes this week. Another problem on D, we don't seem to tackle very well. That's on coaches.

Players: We didn't get a first in the third quarter, and everyone is yelling at the coaches, but it needs to be said that we had two potential first downs clearly dropped. Another couple that were bad throws. Our O-line makes dumb mistakes and Hugh still hasn't learned when to just get up field and take the extra yard and when to make a move and try and turn the play big. Defense gets blame on the bad tackling, but especially on the bad angles. Our LBs and safeties took horrible angles on running and passing plays that gave ISU extra first downs and extra yards. Not good.

Refs. Screw them.

Argh. I'm so angry right now. At least I'm not drunk and near a bridge...

Back