What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"This Place Was Burned To The Ground In Every Way"

There is no wondering why our team commits foolish penalties and seems unprepared when Juice takes zero accountability for his lousy coaching. When Hawk came in (after Barnett burnt everything to the ground) he had future pro on his roster in:

Terrence Wheatley
Jordan Dizon
Mason Crosby
Abraham Wright
Tyler Polumbus
Brad Jones
Burney & Geer (Possible Barnett guy who could get drafted this year)

Certainly there were some players to work with? Juicebox needs to simply STFU and quit trashing the program. Also, how can a fat ole' guy like Hawk think he can coach wide receivers? He probably can not run ten yards without pulling his groin.

Also, how can a fat ole' guy like Hawk think he can coach wide receivers? He probably can not run ten yards without pulling his groin.

Yeah, because Scotty and Simas really played terrible and got worse as the season went along, right? And anyone could have gotten a 100 yard game out of a guy with Espy's tools, right?

Yeah, because Scotty and Simas really played terrible and got worse as the season went along, right? And anyone could have gotten a 100 yard game out of a guy with Espy's tools, right?

Scotty was pretty good before Hawk became his position coach, and I think Simas is a true talent and fun to watch but plays a little sloppy. His blocking is suspect, and he seems to play at half-speed when his number isn't called. I would be careful about attributing our receivers progress to daddy Hawkins. Wasn't he the same guy that had Simas on the sideline over Ebner and Espy, cause he couldn't learn the playbook? Maybe the kids didn't have much of a teacher? Wish I was able to see Simmons progress, but he was too busy on the sideline burning his half his eligibility. Also any improvements, could also be attributed to the change at quarterback. Never-the-less, our receiver grouping should be good next year, with Clemons and the two RS Frosh. Maybe the next coach can turn our walk-ons into Fred Biletnikoffs.

FWIW, Simas was on the sideline because he was recovering from a knee injury. And, btw, both he and Scotty love Hawkins.

It's now funny to me how Scotty was going to put up the numbers he did regardless of coaching and Simas was just a special talent so it was a given that he'd have a big year, too. You know, because nobody questioned before the season started whether we had excellent starting wide receivers that would end up being a strength of this team. It's not worth arguing, though, because the only message anyone wants to hear is that Hawkins sucks at everything he does, has ever done, or will ever endeavor to do.

FWIW, Simas was on the sideline because he was recovering from a knee injury. And, btw, both he and Scotty love Hawkins.

It's now funny to me how Scotty was going to put up the numbers he did regardless of coaching and Simas was just a special talent so it was a given that he'd have a big year, too. You know, because nobody questioned before the season started whether we had excellent starting wide receivers that would end up being a strength of this team. It's not worth arguing, though, because the only message anyone wants to hear is that Hawkins sucks at everything he does, has ever done, or will ever endeavor to do.

Isn't it a requisite to love Hawk in order to play? I am sure that Hawkins is a good coach in the right situation. Here he isn't the right coach, just a fat peg being forced into a small hole, and him deciding to coach a position was an arrogant move. How many false starts did Simas have this season? Our receivers are good, despite Hawkins, and people did expect productivity from them at the beginning of the 2009 season.

At some point the people coaching the WRs do deserve some credit when they play well. Hate on Hawk for other things, such as his record or the fact that we were down to playing walk ons at WR this season, but not what he and Ambrose did as WR coaches.

At some point the people coaching the WRs do deserve some credit when they play well. Hate on Hawk for other things, such as his record or the fact that we were down to playing walk ons at WR this season, but not what he and Ambrose did as WR coaches.
Not necessarily...think of what they could have been with a different coach. And once again, where was Simmons? I saw Danny yelling at him at one point...but, talk about a waste of talent (and effort...I feel sorry for the guy...).

What more do you want? Simas almost had 500 yards in the last 4 games. McKnight was very good all season. I don't know what the deal with Simmons was, and with the PT he got all season he should've just redshirted. I don't really know what you expected to get out of Espy and Ebner I guess? I don't think anyone is saying Hawk did a great job with WRs, but it's not like this wasn't a strength by the end of the season.

What more do you want? Simas almost had 500 yards in the last 4 games. McKnight was very good all season. I don't know what the deal with Simmons was, and with the PT he got all season he should've just redshirted. I don't really know what you expected to get out of Espy and Ebner I guess? I don't think anyone is saying Hawk did a great job with WRs, but it's not like this wasn't a strength by the end of the season.
Simas was terrific....as was Scotty...I agree. But, these guys are talented. What about the development of the other guys, like Simmons? I would argue that that Scotty and Simas would have been good with a dead fish (Danny) coaching them.

I suppose strengths are relative....yes, versus special teams, the O-Line, and the overall team, the WR unit was superb! Nice job Danny!

Funny thing is, Ambrose deserves a lot of the credit for the development of the wide receivers this year (along with Skyler)... and I'm betting if I'd complimented those guys instead of Hawkins no one would have attacked it. :smile:

Simas was terrific....as was Scotty...I agree. But, these guys are talented. What about the development of the other guys, like Simmons? I would argue that that Scotty and Simas would have been good with a dead fish (Danny) coaching them.

I suppose strengths are relative....yes, versus special teams, the O-Line, and the overall team, the WR unit was superb! Nice job Danny!

You certainly are. I don't know what to say, save your fight for something else I think. Hawk and Ambrose coached the WRs this year and they produced. Simas is a heck of a talent and McKnight was already pretty good, beyond them I'll give that we didn't have much except Jefferson who was a true freshman. I guess I just think they did a decent job considering Simas had not caught a pass before this year and McKnight was our only other legitimate threat to catch a ball coming into the season.

You certainly are. I don't know what to say, save your fight for something else I think. Hawk and Ambrose coached the WRs this year and they produced. Simas is a heck of a talent and McKnight was already pretty good, beyond them I'll give that we didn't have much except Jefferson who was a true freshman. I guess I just think they did a decent job considering Simas had not caught a pass before this year and McKnight was our only other legitimate threat to catch a ball coming into the season.
Don't know that I am fighting about anything.....just look at our pathetic record.

Simas and Scotty are talented. Simas played well the last few games...many thought he would play better earlier in the season. Scotty is a good possession receiver. Great...he was skilled before Danny started coaching him. Simmons was a guy we were all salivating over, and he did not produce. No accountability for Danny? Of course not. It was the little things that kept Simmons from producing.

You win....Danny gets credit for 2 guys playing well in games that we lose (read....soft coverages....).

Back