What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This Season Rests On Dom's Shoulders

Dom has not been a huge factor this season. Maybe a game here and there. Spencer ruled the court in his second season. I don't see that from Dom and that concerns me from the guy handling the ball. I can only hope Dom gets better as the year goes on. I suspect that Dom might have reached his ceiling. I hope not. Maybe he is better at the 2 spot because he can shoot.

Yaz, is playing like a freshmen from another country learning how we play. And he is playing well all things considered for a freshmen. At this point I can believe he can get better.

Last 3 games

Dom: 23 pts, 0 assists, 7 to's.
Akyazili: 9 pts, 11 assists, 1 to.

Dom's points and turnovers aren't bad, but 0 assists really worries me.

Dom is a really talented player. Unfortunately he is not playing close to the level of his talent. It may be that he was unprepared to be in a role of running a college level offense with the responsibility for impacting everyones play, it may be that he has had a hard time adjusting to not being physically better than everyone on the floor like he was in HS/AAU.

With Dom his issues are between the ears. Tad is an excellent coach and Dom is a quality kid who is willing to work, odds are that sooner than later they will get it figured out and Dom can become a significant contributor for us.

Yaz isn't as gifted as Dom but he is still adjusting to this level of ball. I think down the road he will continue to be an excellent passer but will also become more consistent as a scoring threat changing how teams have to defend him.

As others have said we are having some serious growing pains at PG but on the positive side we have talent, we just need to get it to potential. I'd much rather see this than have guys who are mentally and emotionally mature but simply don't have the physical skills to get better.

Dom needs to play more aggressively since his mid range jumper, when there is a reasonable amount of space, is actually better than most other guys. And he has the quickness to create that little space by himself. His court vision is still there and he still distribute balls fairly well. So even though I'm not happy about his progress so far this year yet, I won't worry too much about his capability on offensive side.

His foul trouble, on the other hand, is a completely different story.

He won't be a elite perimeter defender as Spencer, there aren't many guards as good as Spencer in that category and I'm afraid Dom would never be one. He won't be as good at attacking the rim either. IMO the only area he could be potentially better than Spencer is the mid range jumper, and that could be a big plus for us when we are facing the zone D.

Back