What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This stuff just has to make you proud

Huh? Has he ever been a Coordinator? Head Coach? No? Then he isnt qualified.
If being qualified for a position meant you had to have already held the position before, then nobody would ever be qualified for a promotion. I'm not completely sold on Cabral yet, I said a couple weeks ago that if we won out (including beating Nebraska) I would love him to be our permenant headcoach and I'm sticking by that. If we lose to Nebraska but the game is really close, I say still give him consideration but don't hand him the job. If we get blown out, no Cabral.

Also this situation is nothing like West Virginia's. All Stewart had to do was keep the momentum going for one game, that RichRod took a few years to build. Cabral is doing the opposite of what Hawkins did and we are winning games that we would have lost under Hawk. Situations are not comparable

Last edited:
I mainly want to hire someone outside of the "family" so that we can have a whole new set of recruiting and coaching connections. Someone who can recruit in different parts of the country than we are used to would be a major improvement.

well it sure looks like many coaches don't want to join the family right now... at least not the right ones

Bieniemy as HC, Cabral as DC, Embree as OC gets my seal of awesomeness !!

images

A first time head coach with two first time coordinators. What could go wrong?

Absolutely nothing... because they are Buffs!

You guys that are saying he is not quailified do not know him. He is beyond qualified.

Ah, the "we do not know" argument. Haven't heard that one in a while. Thanks.

30 + years in professional and college football. 1 Lombardi, a Nat champ. Great recruiter, great position coach. Kept the team together when Barney was on ice. He's got the team playing well and winning after taking over a disaster of team with the former coach's son as his qb. Making history doing so; second interim coach since 1979 to have a winning record. I think he's well qualified.

Huh? Has he ever been a Coordinator? Head Coach? No? Then he isnt qualified.

That doesn't matter. My dad, who is a former player who knows Cabral and spent time in the lockeroom last week, sold me on some stuff last week. I was in your corner, but if he beats Nebraska, then I am 100% behind him. He has been around long enough that not beeing a coordinator is no the issue. There are some concerns. 1. How will he recuit and 2. WHat staff will he bring

But being qualified is not as big of an issue as you make it out to be. The dude has been around, he knows, HE KNOWS!!!

He would be THE perfect Defensive Coordinator IMHO.

If being qualified for a position meant you had to have already held the position before, then nobody would ever be qualified for a promotion. I'm not completely sold on Cabral yet, I said a couple weeks ago that if we won out (including beating Nebraska) I would love him to be our permenant headcoach and I'm sticking by that. If we lose to Nebraska but the game is really close, I say still give him consideration but don't hand him the job. If we get blown out, no Cabral

I meant has Cabral been a HC at any level?

dude, you're a tool

I was actually really just joking with you there. I have no issues with Cabral getting a serious look as the permanent HC, he just is not my first choice and I have serious reservations about the staff he would put in place around him.

A first time head coach with two first time coordinators. What could go wrong?

Absolutely nothing... because they are Buffs!

Ah, the "we do not know" argument. Haven't heard that one in a while. Thanks.

How about EB as HC, Cabral as DC and Karl Dorell as OC ?
What do you want as the top 3 coaches at CU that's realistic ?

I was actually really just joking with you there. I have no issues with Cabral getting a serious look as the permanent HC, he just is not my first choice and I have serious reservations about the staff he would put in place around him.

Sorry, and I edited, you caught me fast. I am just high strung right now. I need to settle down. I'm fired up for Friday, almost shaking, even though we probably lose.

I'm just saying we should take a step back, do we want to make the same mistake West Virginia did?

Well, let me think about that....

West Virginia is currently 7-3. If they should find a way to beat Pitt on Friday, and Rutgers the Saturday following, they would be 9-3. Heck they still have a decent shot to win the Big East conference and get a BCS bowl. If I look back at West Virginia's record since Bill Stewart took over I see 9-4 in 2008, 9-4 in 2009.

I wouldn't be upset if Colorado won 9 games once in a while.

How about EB as HC, Cabral as DC and Karl Dorell as OC ?
What do you want as the top 3 coaches at CU that's realistic ?

The combo can change depending on whomever the top guy is, but an inexperienced HC with two first-time coordinators has "learning on the job" written all over it.

All of those are better than Colorado.

I would like someone with ties in TX, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL, SC, OH, PA. That would be optimal

Did you become a Colorado fan (if you even are one) this morning?

Colorado is going to play football in the Pac 10 starting next year. Ties to Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, South Carolina, Ohio, and Pennsylvania are worthless in that conference.

If being qualified for a position meant you had to have already held the position before, then nobody would ever be qualified for a promotion. I'm not completely sold on Cabral yet, I said a couple weeks ago that if we won out (including beating Nebraska) I would love him to be our permenant headcoach and I'm sticking by that. If we lose to Nebraska but the game is really close, I say still give him consideration but don't hand him the job. If we get blown out, no Cabral.

Also this situation is nothing like West Virginia's. All Stewart had to do was keep the momentum going for one game, that RichRod took a few years to build. Cabral is doing the opposite of what Hawkins did and we are winning games that we would have lost under Hawk. Situations are not comparable

so you and everyone else that supports Cabral are pinning his future success based on a 3 game outcome? that's barely enough data to see a pattern! seriously? really?

Did you become a Colorado fan (if you even are one) this morning?

Colorado is going to play football in the Pac 10 starting next year. Ties to Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, South Carolina, Ohio, and Pennsylvania are worthless in that conference.

No. These are the states where the best players come from. We will have a large footprint in the Pac 12 once we join, it would be great to have a head coach with ties to other areas of the country besides the PAC 12 area to maximize our recruiting potential.

Well, let me think about that....

West Virginia is currently 7-3. If they should find a way to beat Pitt on Friday, and Rutgers the Saturday following, they would be 9-3. Heck they still have a decent shot to win the Big East conference and get a BCS bowl. If I look back at West Virginia's record since Bill Stewart took over I see 9-4 in 2008, 9-4 in 2009.

I wouldn't be upset if Colorado won 9 games once in a while.

Sorry I love me some Cabral but I dont him as the type of hire to fire up the fan base or the boosters. This may be the most important hire in CU's history.

Sorry I love me some Cabral but I dont him as the type of hire to fire up the fan base or the boosters. This may be the most important hire in CU's history.

Again, I ask.. have you been in a coma the past 2 weeks??? The Colorado fan base hasn't been this "fired up" in 5 or 6 years.

Have you been in a coma for the past two weeks?

First time we've won back to back Big 12 north games since 2005, first time we've won back to back big 12 games since 2007, if he pulls it off Friday, that will end the road losing streak against our longtime hated rival. Just think where we were 3 weeks ago.

Back