What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This stuff just has to make you proud

Would I be pissed if cabral was named HC? No, but as others have stated, he wouldn't be my first choice.
Whoever is coach, the "boise boys" must go.

What kind of recruiter is cabral other than Linebackers? Would he put together a good staff? Is he the type of hire to get recruits and alums excited about CU football as we go onto the pac 12?

Would I be pissed if cabral was named HC? No, but as others have stated, he wouldn't be my first choice.

What kind of recruiter is cabral other than Linebackers? Would he put together a good staff? Is he the type of hire to get recruits and alums excited about CU football as we go onto the pac 12?

He certainly appears to have changed the complete culture and psyche of this football team in just three (3) weeks.

Now whether that is the product of Brian Cabral, or whether it was a football team that was absolutely positively STARVED for some unity, leadership, pride, etc., I don't know.

I heard he recruited Salaam

He certainly appears to have changed the complete culture and psyche of this football team in just three (3) weeks.

Now whether that is the product of Brian Cabral, or whether it was a football team that was absolutely positively STARVED for some unity, leadership, pride, etc., I don't know.

well stated.

There is no doubt the culture has changed and he is a buff through and through. Just wonder if it's the right hire at this critical juncture for CU. 3 games with no pressure at the end of the year is one thing. But, we could do worse, we just did for 4 and a half years.

Well by all means, end the coaching search, we have our guy...

I still wonder about his recruiting, I was just stating I heard he recruited Salaam. Don't know who else he has recruited. My concerns with Cabral are if he can recruit and what kind of staff he can put together.

I still wonder about his recruiting, I was just stating I heard he recruited Salaam. Don't know who else he has recruited. My concerns with Cabral are if he can recruit and what kind of staff he can put together.

Sounds like that's most peoples road block. Maybe MAC could help with that, but I forgot,he's too old to do anything at CU.

I am starting to think we don't have to look far for our next coach. Cabral has won a super bowl, a national title, and has been around winning coaches McCartney and Barnett. He knows what it takes to win at this school. Now recuiting is my only concern, but if he beats Nebraska on Friday, it will be hard for me to say no to him.

you are nuts. We are going to a hire a guy that's been on the staff of the last two coaches FIRED by the school. Just complete insanity if we do that.

you are nuts. We are going to a hire a guy that's been on the staff of the last two coaches FIRED by the school. Just complete insanity if we do that.

Bieniemy was on Gary Barnett's staff, and he was fired. Does that eliminate Bieniemy?

Chances are just about every coach out there has been on staff with someone who got fired, sometime, somewhere.

Bieniemy was on Gary Barnett's staff, and he was fired. Does that eliminate Bieniemy?

Chances are just about every coach out there has been on staff with someone who got fired, sometime, somewhere.

Bieniemy left after 2 years and you could make the case the program suffered because of it.

Because beating a ****ty Iowa State and KjSU team isn't worth **** in my book.

KSU has seven wins, we have not won back to back north games since 2005, the team has changed so much in just 3 short weeks, Cabral has won a super bowl and National title, Cabral is undefeated as a HC, Cabral has put dozens of linebackers into the NFL, Cabral has been around winners and losers here, including McCartney.

And in case you missed it, I said I would be completely behind Cabral if he beats Nebraska and ends our road losing streak, sending us to a bowl. Something we didn't even consider 3 short weeks ago.

KSU has seven wins, we have not won back to back north games since 2005, the team has changed so much in just 3 short weeks, Cabral has won a super bowl and National title, Cabral is undefeated as a HC, Cabral has put dozens of linebackers into the NFL, Cabral has been around winners and losers here, including McCartney.

And in case you missed it, I said I would be completely behind Cabral if he beats Nebraska and ends our road losing streak, sending us to a bowl. Something we didn't even consider 3 short weeks ago.

ksu has 6 wins...BTW HA!

Don't forget he recruited that female kicker you had so they could share clothes.

I'm all for BC. As ridiculous as it sounds, I think his biggest negatives in this situation are that he is down-to-earth, unpretentious and emotional. These jerks gravitate towards the guys who media-hip and more urbane - worldly.
I think if he can get a win Fri, they have to take him. If not i think they try and get the guy with the charisma. Cabral loves the Buffs, CU, the whole Boulder college experience. And he can coach. He should get the job. Fri really isn't a fair test - except they have to fight till the end

If he were headcoach, I think we would have the inside track with Polynesian kids, simply because these kids are coming from a world apart and their families would feel better knowing Cabral has lived the transition.

I looked at the MN Star-Trib and EB was not mentioned anywhere as a possible Vike head. Hasn't Clough been connected with the AD long enough that he knew EB as a player? If so, that could hurt.

Go Buffs

Back