What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This Week In BasketBuffs - 11/28/11

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
LAST WEEK

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011

38.gif

2005.gif

First off, let me just say for the ten millionth time that The Mtn is not a real TV network. CSU fans deserve that network. Unfortunately we're stuck with that joke of a network if you're not traveling up to the Fort for the game this week, so we're not out of the woods just yet. But I did thoroughly enjoy the first ten minutes of the game which consisted of either no audio, no video, no score/time or any combination of the previous three that they could come up with. The solid green screen was my favorite.

I salute you for your incompetence The Mtn.

As for the game, overall you have to be thrilled. CU came out flat, looking horrible, and somehow stole a road victory from a tough in-state opponent. Had you told me that the Buffs would win with Andre Roberson basically disappearing for the first 35 minutes of the game and Nate Tomlinson would arguably be our best player, I would have taken it without a second thought. That said, I am concerned about the team. I keep telling myself that they're young and that it's early, but I'm starting to get the feeling that this is going to be a pretty up & down season. I'm still holding out hopes for a lesser version of last year in which we started slow but gained steam throughout the year. I'm not certain that's going to happen now. I still hold out hope though.

Oh, and the team WILL put me in the hospital at some point this year if they continue to shoot free throws this way.

Now with all of that negativity out of the way, I do have to say that there were two players who stood out to me in a good way during the game -- Austin Dufault and Askia Booker. I can't praise Buffnik enough for this one because he called it from day one, and he's 100% right -- Ski is going to be a damn star. Seriously, the kid still has his idiot moments, but he's been great. As for Austin, he's been exactly what we've been hoping for for years now. Hopefully it stays. We're going to need him.

THIS WEEK
61.gif

38.gif

Monday, November 28th
6:30 PM
ROOT Sports
Coors Event Center
Boulder, CO

38.gif

36.gif

Wednesday, November 30th
6:00 PM
The Mtn
Moby Arena
Ft. Collins, CO

This week is huge. Quite simply, if the Buffs can go 2-0 this week and put themselves at 5-2, they will be in a great position to finish the non-conference schedule 10-2. According to KenPom's rankings, after this week the hardest non-conference opponent CU will face will be Fresno State -- the #190 team in the nation. For comparison's sake, Georgia is ranked #77, the Rams are ranked #157 and the Buffs are #122 (to play Devil's Advocate, I will point out that it's early so there's a small sample size. Because of that you see things like UCLA at #120).

Georgia lost three quality players from last year's team, so this isn't the same group of Dawgs that beat the Buffs last season. They did land top 25 recruit Kentavious Caldwell-Pope who should help quite a bit, but it's still a rebuilding year. Right now, Georgia is a horrid offensive team. That said, they're playing solid D with a win over Notre Dame already this season. The offense is going to have to step up in a big way for the Buffs to win this one, but it's not unrealistic. Right now Ken Pom has us winning 52% of the time.

As for the Rams (and their horrible TV network), they're pretty much the polar opposite of the Dawgs. They're lighting up the nets, but can't stop anyone. They don't force turnovers, they allow their opponents to shoot a ridiculous percentage and they send them to the line a lot. That said, for as bad as they are on D, they're that good on offense. They get to the line at a rate that would make last year's Buffs blush and are making 76% of their FT's. The Buffs are going to have to play solid D this game and hang on. The Rams don't have an impressive resume so far as their most impressive win is over Montana and they needed overtime to beat Manhattan, but this is a rivalry game and it is in their house, so it won't be easy.

Colorado
Offense
Colorado
Defense
Georgia
Offense
Georgia
Defense
D1
Average
eFG%53.0%51.3%43.6%44.3%48.4%
Turnover %19.6%15.6%20.0%20.5%21.7%
Off. Reb %32.5%30.6%31.4%32.4%32.5%
FTA/FGA37.737.128.140.638.2

Colorado
Offense
Colorado
Defense
Colorado
St Offense
Colorado
St Defense
D1
Average
eFG%53.0%51.3%51.7%53.0%48.4%
Turnover %19.6%15.6%18.9%18.2%21.7%
Off. Reb %32.5%30.6%30.0%29.2%32.5%
FTA/FGA37.737.156.643.838.2

SEASON NUMBERS TO FOLLOW
Offensive
Efficiency
Defensive
Efficiency
Pace
Colorado107.4103.067.3
D1 Average100.0100.067.5

I'm going to be on the Buff Bus from Denver to the CSU game. (I reserved before I knew they were also doing a Boulder bus.) Anyone else from AllBuffs going to be on it?

considering. Is it full? I didn't know someone was on that bus. Now I may go.

considering. Is it full? I didn't know someone was on that bus. Now I may go.

:yeahthat:

Let me knwo what you hear Snow. My buddy was going to go, but bailed on me so I was thinking about just watching from home.

I already have tickets (Might even have some extras), can you reserve a spot on the bus minus the ticket to the game?

Just called and she said they have a few spots available. When asked how many, I just randomly threw out 3 as a number and she said that it would be tight, but she thinks that would work.

Definitely going just on principle that I refuse to ever watch anything on the mtn ever ever ever again after that AF game. And the fact that I don't have school on thursday means I can get sufficiently ****ed up. This could cause problems because my friends at csu want to get me a student ticket :wow:

Jerry just let people on the Rivals board that he has 2 spots on the Denver bus. If any of you are on Rivals and interested, let him know.

I have reservations for six on the bus to the CU v CSU Men's BB game in Fort Collins on Wednesday. I just discovered that two of my guests cannot make it. So I would like to donate two trip packages to PASSIONATE CU BB FANS. The bus leaves Blake Street Tavern at 4:00 PM and the package includes the game ticket, bus trip, a box meal and pepsi product soft drink (compliments of Blake Street Tavern and Pepsi). The bus will make a second stop about 4:30 in front of the Village Inn at I-25 and Hwy 7 if that is more c0nvenient.

First come, first served. Let me know if you'd like to be my guest. If I don't respond until tomorrow, it will be because we are headed to Boulder soon to help the Buffs defeat Georgia!

http://colorado.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=422&tid=166742630&mid=166742630&sid=894&style=2

I will be watching the men from Iowa tonight. I have the Dish network and subscribe to the ROOT network. Unfortunately, unless it is a national game, they black out the men's games. I should get to watch tonight. I do get to see the women's games and will be watching on Wednesday. Dish doesn't carry The Mtv and it sounds like that is not a bad thing! I'm so happy that the women are doing so well so far this season. I'm hoping Boyle is the answer to the men's basketball problems. I remember how disappointed I was when he chose not to play for CU. I'm hoping Lappe is the answer for the women's basketball problems. Both teams and the diehard fans deserve better than we've had in recent years.

Noted at the bottom of the write-up for the Georgia game is the news CU will be playing at the Charleston Classic early season tournament next year along with Baylor (just for Wally), Boston College, Charleston, Dayton, St. John's and Southern Illinois.

Back