What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This Week In BasketBuffs - 2/13/12

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
LAST WEEK

Men

12.gif

38.gif

38.gif

9.gif

Women

THIS WEEK
254.gif

38.gif

Men:
Saturday, February 18th
3:00 PM
Fox Sports Net
Jon M. Huntsman Center
Salt Lake City, UT

Women:
Thursday, February 9th
7:00 PM
BuffsTV
Coors Event Center
Boulder, CO

Colorado
Offense

Colorado
Defense

Utah
Offense

Utah
Defense

D1
Average

eFG%
50.6%
46.4%
51.7%
44.0%
49.0%
Turnover %
20.6%
18.5%
19.3%
18.4%
20.6%
Off. Reb %
30.3%
28.4%
31.4%
30.5%
32.3%
FTA/FGA

This week is the equivalent of a "bye week" for the Buffs. Due to the conference's scheduling patterns, both teams only have one game this week, and it's against our travel partner Utah. Honestly, it couldn't come at a better time either. Both the men's & the women's teams are still in the hunt, but are going to need a strong finish to get into the big dance. This is the point of the season where the freshmen usually hit the wall a little bit, and both teams have a brutal stretch playing the Bay Area teams next week.

As for Utah, honestly, I'm not that worried. Are they playing better than they did on December 31st, 2011? Yes. But they're still 5-20. They have one of the worst defenses in college basketball (they're 337th in opponents eFG% and are 299th in defensive efficiency). They're horrible on offense too. In fact, the only thing that I can say they're mildly good at is that their opponents don't get to the line real often. Provided CU doesn't come in expecting a cake walk, and with Boyle I seriously doubt the players will, then the Buffs should be able to roll to an easy victory. Plus, as Spencer Dinwiddie told the Daily Camera:

"Coach Boyle is an evil genius," Dinwiddie said with a laugh when asked what the Buffs would do with six days to prepare for next Saturday's game at Utah. "With a full week, he can do some crazy stuff. I'd be scared."

If the team does need any extra ammo, I will point out that KenPom has this as the most likely win for the rest of the season for Utah (granted, it's 10%, but still...).

Be afraid Utah. Be very afraid.

As for the women's team, I was wrong on my 2-0 prediction (stupid Arizona State), but at least they were able to get the win against Arizona. I'm hardly a Bracketology expert, but barring an upset of Stanford (IN Palo Alto), I'm not sure the Buffs are going to be dancing. I'm not ruling it out, but it's not real likely right now. That said, it appears that the team has exceeded expectations this season and still have quite the bright future ahead of them. 20 wins is still a possibility and it wouldn't surprise me to see them do a nice run in the NIT if they do miss the big dance.

Hopefully, the men & women's teams this week can make CU 5-0 against Utah this season in the "big 3" sports.

Offensive
Efficiency

Defensive
Efficiency

Pace
Colorado
D1 Average
RPI
SOS
Men
Women

Women are definitely WNIT bound at this point, unfortunately. The UCLA, @ Oregon, and ASU games were all critical "winnable" games and they weren't able to get a W in any of them. The win over 'Zona was nice, but in all honesty Arizona is the worst team in the Pac12. Can't see how they dig their way out of a 106 RPI this late in the season.

I'm not even sure the women are WNIT at this point. They have to win and they don't win games they should win. They don't play like they deserve to win. This team still has a lot of growing to do and there isn't much time left.

I just hope they can win Saturday because I'm flying out to see them.

Win it for Buffgal ladies!

Sounds like a rallying cry to me. :thumbsup:

Back