What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This Week In BasketBuffs - 2/6/12

Will the Buffs upset Arizona on national TV Thursday night?

• Yes

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
LAST WEEK

Men

38.gif

204.gif

38.gif

2483.gif

Women

THIS WEEK
12.gif

38.gif

Men:
Thursday, February 9th
7:00 PM
ESPN
McKale Center
Tucson, AZ

Women:
Thursday, February 9th
BuffsTV
Coors Event Center
Boulder, CO

Colorado
Offense

Colorado
Defense

Arizona
Offense

Arizona
Defense

D1
Average

eFG%
51.1%
46.5%
51.7%
44.0%
49.0%
Turnover %
20.8%
18.2%
19.3%
18.4%
20.7%
Off. Reb %
31.4%
28.6%
31.4%
30.5%
32.3%
FTA/FGA

9.gif

38.gif

Men:
Saturday, February 11th
4:30 PM
Fox Sports Arizona
Wells Fargo Arena
Tempe, AZ

Women:
Saturday, February 11th

No TV
Coors Event Center
Boulder, CO

Colorado
Offense

Colorado
Defense

Arizona St.
Offense

Arizona St.
Defense

D1
Average

eFG%
51.1%
46.5%
52.0%
48.8%
49.0%
Turnover %
20.8%
18.2%
26.0%
17.7%
20.7%
Off. Reb %
31.4%
28.6%
30.1%
31.1%
32.3%
FTA/FGA

Huge week ahead for both teams. Sound familiar? I'm starting to think I can just copy & paste the opening paragraph every week. I know there's been casual talk about making the tournament for the men's team this year, but if there's ANY chance of it happening, we have to win at Arizona on Thursday. Steal a win there and suddenly dreams of dancing can enter the equation.

Arizona is starting to look like the team that made them a popular pick to win the PAC-12 in the pre-season. They have a ridiculously strong defense, holding opponents to just 44% eFG% and 26.7% from 3. The 26.7% from 3 mark is good for fourth in the nation by the way. They don't turn the ball over much on offense and they get to the line a lot. Statistically, there aren't many weaknesses on the Arizona team. In my opinion, the Buffs are going to have to play a perfect game to pull off the win in Tucson, but I'm not going to rule it out. Here's hoping that Arizona is this year's Kansas State.

As for Arizona State, they suck. There is zero excuse for us to lose to them in Tempe on Saturday, and that's what terrifies me. They're 221st in the KenPom rankings. The USC team that we took behind the woodshed in LA a few weeks ago is 202nd. So ASU is bad. Here's hoping the Buffs don't have a let down after the Arizona game.

With the women's team, well, it's looking like they're NIT-bound. Pre-season, I think everyone would have been fine with that, but the perfect non-conference schedule raised our hopes a little too high. According to RealTimeRPI, the Oregon State game wasn't a "bad" loss, but the Oregon game could be the final nail in the coffin for NCAA hopes. Oregon is not a good team, and when you consider the fact that CU was up in the second half and went through yet another long scoreless drought to allow the Ducks back in the game, it just makes it that much worse. They have a good chance to rebound this week as Arizona is struggling (2-8 in conference), and then we get a chance for redemption against Arizona State for the woodshed game they gave us two weeks ago. I'm calling it now and saying that the women's team rebounds and finally gives me the opportunity to put the CU logo on the left side of the scoreboard next week by winning both games. That would put them at 6-7 in conference and still give them a chance at a winning record in conference play.

We will end this by giving a shout-out to the student section & in-game entertainment for raising the bar at the Keg yet again this season. Chip has been mascot of the year repeatedly and both the cheerleaders & dance squad made national finals this year. The pep band is EASILY the best band in the nation (and probably the largest too). Now the student section is killing it as well. The "You Can't Win At Altitude" chant was tons better for Oregon -- and it even happened on it's own at one point in the second half as TZISKIN has done a great job getting that going, and it will only get better. So to everyone on this board who is a part of it -- either as a band member, a CU Express member, a cheerleader, someone working in the basketball offices or even a student in the section helping with cheers -- I personally want to thank you. You guys are doing a great job and make me proud to be a Buff. :thumbsup:

Offensive
Efficiency

Defensive
Efficiency

Pace
Colorado
D1 Average
RPI
SOS
Men
Women

Back