What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thomas says he expects to play

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Ted Miller

Oregon quarterback Darron Thomas told reporters after practice Wednesday that he expects to play at Colorado.

In fact -- as you can see in the video included with the link -- Thomas says he's never been "uncleared."

The Pac-12 blog has been uncleared a number of times, by the way.

My hunch remains that Thomas and running back LaMichael James are very questionable, but I based that only on my experiences doing this dance with coaches before, not any inside information.

Here's what Chip Kelly had to say.
It's unclear which quarterback has done what this week in practice. When asked about Thomas, Kelly responded: "Darron has done a great job."
When a reporter attempted to follow up, Kelly said: "Darron has done a great job. So if you're going to ask me reps, we don't talk about that. So let's move on."

To summarize: He said nothing, though he was able to work Carson Palmer into his post-practice palaver with reporters.

It does appear, however, that Kelly was intimidated by a challenge to a footrace coming from Colorado coach Jon Embree. From The Oregonian:
Colorado coach Jon Embree jokingly proposed that he race Chip Kelly while talking to reporters yesterday in Boulder.
Kelly brushed off a question about it.
"I'm not concerned with that," Kelly said. "It's frivolous."

And we all know that there's no room for frivolity in football, which is a most serious -- SERIOUS -- business.

Originally posted by ESPN.com - Pac-10 Blog
Click here to view the article.

Back