1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thorburn: CU coach Tad Boyle making noise during this quiet time

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by absinthe, May 10, 2010.

1. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

It`s hard to believe, but Tad Boyle was only introduced as Colorado`s new head coach three weeks ago today.
    [​IMG]
    In that small window, Boyle has accomplished quite a bit during what is usually a quiet time in college basketball. A quick review:

After Jeff Bzdelik bolted for Wake Forest, the returning Buffs naturally wanted associate head coach Steve McClain to be promoted and keep the momentum going into what shapes up as a promising 2010-11.

Alec Burks said he would "explore his options" when McClain was not promoted. Boyle`s first task after beating McClain and Mike Dunlap out for the job was to make sure the Big 12 freshman of the year returned to CU.

Boyle flew to Grandview, Mo., to meet with Burks` parents. As a true freshman, the talented guard averaged 17.1 points and 5.0 rebounds.

"He told me his plan. I liked it and I like him ... I`m putting all of my trust in him," Burks said

more...

2. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

good article, and i'm pretty stoked by the hire overall. some of the people in the comments would do well to be able to make the distinction between schools showing interest very generally and generously defined in recruiting writing....and actual offers.

3. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

why don't i have an "edit" box? and Thorburn could certainly do a better job of making the distinction as the author. as is, these are legit 3 stars not McD's AA's that are choosing CU over UCLA.