1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thorne perseveres, thrives

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Good read on Dwight Thorne, our lone senior, in the Camera today from Thorburn.

Thorne's the only remaining Ricardo Patton recruit, led the team in 3-pointers last season while averaging 12.0 ppg, and is driven to get the monkey off his back of losing more games in a 3-year stretch than any player in CU history (62).

"We`re all tired of losing," Thorne said. "We all know it`s go-time with a capital G-O."

"Team-wise, I want to get in postseason play. I was telling coach the other day that my time here has been fun, but it hasn`t been very fulfilling," Thorne said. "I think that it being my senior year, and knowing how to play and having more confidence -- the sky`s the limit for everybody."

"I want to make the tournament," Thorne said. "If we make the NIT, so be it. But the NCAA Tournament is the goal."

3 days to tipoff!

2. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Thorne has absolutely flourished under Bz. I have never seen a player improve so much under a CU basketball coach, hopefully he has a big senior year.

3. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Kick some ass and go get it Dwight!!!! :thumbsup:

4. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

scotch, chairbanks gave me your extra ticket, thanks! see ya friday night.

5. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Dwight really showed me a lot last year. I have to admit that previously i was not a huge DT fan, but he was impressive and should have a good season for us. He and Higgins give us two legit D-1 "power conference" type scorers on the perimeter who can create their own shot.

6. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

:thumbsup: