What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thoughts on recruiting thus far... and what is to come?

We get rid of a lot of dead weight by graduation this year imo. We're a couple short numbers wise, but we fix that over time.

I certainly agree that whiffing on all 4 in state kids is pretty bad, only magnified by our need for an infusion of talent along the OL front. Not much we can do about that, though, so we need to find solid recruits elsewhere.

We get rid of a lot of dead weight by graduation this year imo. We're a couple short numbers wise, but we fix that over time.

I certainly agree that whiffing on all 4 in state kids is pretty bad, only magnified by our need for an infusion of talent along the OL front. Not much we can do about that, though, so we need to find solid recruits elsewhere.

Just not readily apparent where that's going to be in regards to getting more solidly ranked OL. Hemmila? Possibly. Siragusa perhaps. I'd be surprised if Cyburt came our way and borderline shocked if Kozan did.

I don't think we're getting Cyburt, we're definitely not getting Kozan, and Hemmila sounds like a longshot at best.

Siragusa is a possibility because we aren't really competing against anyone that we should lose a recruit we want to. Hell, that Tupou guy that we just offered looks pretty awesome if we want him on the OL. Give me that kid over any of the other remaining prospects save Nick Davidson.

Not to sound all tini, mtn, highlander positive here, but OL is pretty iffy as far as rankings go. Jeromy Irwin could easily become the best OL at the college level among Thurston, Kozan, Callahan, O'Connor, and Irwin. His ranking is nowhere near theirs, but give me a kid from Houston that plays big boy football vs a bunch of guys that play peewee football. Ryan Miller was ranked higher than any of the in staters this year and hasn't exactly lit the world on fire.

I think the staff has done a solid job in recruiting, Considering CU football has been irrelevant for the past 4 years these guys have been in high school. This is a new staff trying to recruit for a team that hasn't won a road game in 4 years and is getting blown away in every game this year. These high school seniors probably haven't payed any attention to CU throughout their high school years. With that being said, we've landed one of the top quarterbacks in the country, a solid power running back, a trio of Texas receivers better than any we have signed in the past 4 years (minus PRich), two very solid d linemen, and I really like the Irwin bros. Loosing all of the in state linemen is disappointing, and the OL and DBs certainly need to be concentrated on. But how much better can you expect this staff to do?

Back