What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thoughts on the state of CU football

Just being in the p5 isn't enough to ensure a turnaround. Everyone is getting better and making investments. The ****stick bailer ****ing **** **** bears have improved so much because they made a wide reaching decision to make moves to become good. There may never be enough consensus in the CU community to achieve someone similar.

The hope has been that we could find a coach who could outperform the inherent limitations like Mac did years ago. That hasn't happened. We just fall further and further behind. The p5 will have its perennial bottom feeders and we are now firmly entrenched in that category.

RG has done really good work so far. A modern org structure, accountability, etc. the facilities upgrades will help. The commitment to pay top dollar salaries will help. The academic support services will help. But, I honestly wonder if it is just too little too late. And with the traditional hostility towards sports within some parts of the CU community impeding our ability to take certain short cuts to get quick improvement... Well, I don't know if we are prepared to pay the price to be elite again.

It is probably just the sting of another unbelievably bad, soul crushing loss that is bothering me. I guess.

That is the part that concerns me too. God forbid we be perceived as a football school. :rolling_eyes:

That is the part that concerns me too. God forbid we be perceived as a football school. :rolling_eyes:

Well, being recognized for football has certainly hurt the academic image of other schools, look at how it has hurt Stanford, UCLA, USC, in our own conference and of course nobody would take Michigan seriously, to much football.

Back