What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thoughts

now manley, you are new here. your response to this could determine your future here. before you respond, i suggest you review 96's posting......er.......trends in posting. there will be your response.

you get this one right, you could be looking at a epic flood of rep the likes of wich has not been seen since alex. :thumbsup:

Yeah, manley might not realise that 96 was being very cordial....for 96. Now we get to see if manley get the proper 96Buff response back to 96.:wink2:

I tell ya, it's karma. All you people making fun of Oregon's uni's the last few years. You had to be blind not to see it coming seeing how we have NIKE like Oregon. So stop acting so surprised and get used to it. The players like them BTW, and recruits like stuff like that.

ALso, valdez better be careful of the "I don't want to be the next Oregon" talk or we will as well. It's all karma!:smile2:

The Buffs have some of the best, classy and most recognizable uniforms/color schemes in all of college football. I hope they don't get too crazy with changing them up. But if it helps recruiting, so be it. Gotta make the gold pants come back for all games though.

The Buffs have some of the best, classy and most recognizable uniforms/color schemes in all of college football. I hope they don't get too crazy with changing them up. But if it helps recruiting, so be it. Gotta make the gold pants come back for all games though.

All Black for big games, then gold every other home game, black pants on the road

All Black for big games, then gold every other home game, black pants on the road

i think the white jersey, black pant, gold helmet is about the best look in football. no doubt about it.

i can see why wearing a non-black pant makes sense in August/September in hot/humid climes. but i think it makes us look like Georgia Tech and that's not my favorite association. for real.

i'd really like to see Nike (for once) match the gold helmet and pant at home. it's only been 10 years.

Adidas?

The shoulder things alone don't bother me all that much, but someday (edit: someday SOON) Mike Bohn needs to say to Phil Knight, "okay buddy, that looks good... if we want to do any more changes we'll call you back in 5 years."

The last thing we want to become is a pet project for some underworked and overzealous graphic designer at Nike. Before you know it we'd be coming out in aluminum foil colored jerseys with fur covered helmets.

It appears my lack of spelling and grammar have made some previous posts not only unreadable, but downright offensive. In response to this I will reiterate my opinion in a clearer more accessible manner.

IMO (I use the 3-letter abbreviation because I am confident in this forum's internet savvy), CU's uniforms have been greatest when they are kept simple and only have black and white on the jersey. The gold is best saved for the helmet. However, even though I believe that the simple uniforms in any sport are the best, I still find Oregon's ridiculous uniforms to be ****ing awesome.

The last thing we want to become is a pet project for some underworked and overzealous graphic designer at Nike. Before you know it we'd be coming out in aluminum foil colored jerseys with fur covered helmets.

Maybe said designer hates CU because his fusker relatives told him of their horror stories in Folsom Field, and thus this is his way of getting back at us.

Any overzealous Nike uniform designer needs to figure out a way to work Stoudt into the CU uni.

but someday (edit: someday SOON) Mike Bohn needs to say to Phil Knight, "okay buddy, that looks good... if we want to do any more changes we'll call you back in 5 years."

That ship sailed back in 97 when they changed the look then. Those shoulder(maxi)pad looking things are horrible.

Tradition is a big thing in college football and CU is never going to be able to establish it if they keep changing things around ever year. Go back to the uniforms and logo of the early 90s and leave it like that for a 50 years or so. Look at Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State and schools that come to mind when you mention tradition. They never change anything and they have no problems bringing in recruits.

Every year the new look gets worse and worse but what kills me is there are always a few weirdos that like it, and then even say how they don't like the older traditional uniforms from the 90s yet those are the same people who most likely never even saw a game before Joel Klatt was taking snaps.

That ship sailed back in 97 when they changed the look then. Those shoulder(maxi)pad looking things are horrible.

Tradition is a big thing in college football and CU is never going to be able to establish it if they keep changing things around ever year. Go back to the uniforms and logo of the early 90s and leave it like that for a 50 years or so. Look at Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State and schools that come to mind when you mention tradition. They never change anything and they have no problems bringing in recruits.

Every year the new look gets worse and worse but what kills me is there are always a few weirdos that like it, and then even say how they don't like the older traditional uniforms from the 90s yet those are the same people who most likely never even saw a game before Joel Klatt was taking snaps.

:yeahthat:

That's about the same number drooling over the armadillo skin print Nike plastered on the shoulders.

Touche.

For the record, I wish the team would go back to the late 80's/early 90's uniforms, and I mean that to the fullest extent possible. Bring back the giant shoulderpads and cut off jerseys as well, I say. Aerodynamics be damned.

Touche.

For the record, I wish the team would go back to the late 80's/early 90's uniforms, and I mean that to the fullest extent possible. Bring back the giant shoulderpads and cut off jerseys as well, I say. Aerodynamics be damned.

The midriff look is tolerable for some but leave the mullets out. Never did like to see the dunlop jelly rolls that some of the linemen have when a shirt shows middrifts. This means you, dudes in the trenches.

The modern fabrics do beat out that nasty old 80's-90's fishnet stuff.

Attention Nike! Get it through your Portland, Oregon dope smoking Indonesian childrens labor manufacturing heads that 'Colorado' deserves a much bigger font on the jersey. White lettering on the black jersey and black lettering on the white. Drop the piping and the freaking reflective tape that ya'll keeping trying to pass off as silver. It's not silver. It's reflective tape and no Buffalo player is jogging at night through their neighborhoods in their game jerseys.

I kept an open mind about the pseudo-silver last season, but now am ready to render a judgement; Sorry swoosh peddlers, the reflective trim fails.

No mamsy-pansy patterns on the shoulders or around the collar. The CU uniform is not to be treated like some themed episode of American Chopper. Just say "No!" to diamond plate or animal patterns other industrial or comic book themed designs. This ain't no Paris fashion show. This is Division 1 football, brotha. A solid black or gold pant is perfect. No designer blocks or other crappy pattern on the hips or anywhere else. Keep it simple. Less is more. Oh yeah, drop the italic CU on the helmet, too. Bring back the 2000 look.

Michigan switched to Adidas and they have updated jerseys. Unlike our shoulder pad abomination, theirs look nice.

medium_michjersey2.jpg

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/07/michigan_unveils_new_adidas_fo.html

I've been going to buff games since the early 80's and I never said I didn't like the ones from the early 90's. I love them. I'm just not surprised with the changes given who our sponsor is. Oh and it's still karma!:smile2:

I've been going to buff games since the early 80's and I never said I didn't like the ones from the early 90's. I love them. I'm just not surprised with the changes given who our sponsor is. Oh and it's still karma!:smile2:

Do you honestly think we're the only ones making fun of Oregon's uniforms? Egads man, trashing those hideous rags is as much of a universal American pastime as hating the Yankees.

The more I look at these, the more I like them. The grey will match the weird **** they have on the pants.

The problem is that it is all about money and jersey sales. If Nike changes the uniform every year then people will feel like they have to go out and buy a new jersey each season. The days of buying the new star player's # is over.

After seeing this crap, I am not giving any money to help them butcher our look and tradition. I still have my vintage #10 Stewart jersey from 1994 and will wear it till the end!

The other thing I don't get is why can't you buy vintage jerseys of CU players? Surely now that these guys are not on the team anymore CU could get a deal going with former players and make some jerseys up with names of former great Buffs. I would love to get an Alfred Willaims Jersey with an orange bowl logo on it... Oh wait, I know why this doesn't happen, because it would outsell this crap that Nike is trying to push on my school.

Go Buff$!

Back