What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Threads hijacked with Incessant Bashing...

Should we change the level of moderation?

• Take a break from the hookers & blow to moderate a bit.

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • The mods need to OD and/or catch debilitating VD so they'll leave us alone.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Everything's peachy and I bow to the wisdom of our Junta overlords..

Votes: 28 52.8%

• Total voters
You can find an Internet forum for pretty much anything, from fans of My Little Pony to people who like to get peed on by fans of My Little Pony. So at first glance, the Bloody Board, a forum for fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, seems comfortingly normal. They post tweets from former cast members of the show (mostly about how much it sucks to work at this gas station now), speculate about plot points, discuss favorite episodes and fan art -- the usual stuff. But on close inspection, something's just a little off ...
33088.jpg
One user, "jamie_marsters" appears to be quite prolific, posting and replying many, many times a day. We suppose it's sort of creepy that she's taken the name of Buffy star James Marsters, and changed it to Jamie to imply familiarity, like an ex-girlfriend or an old babysitter might. A quick look at the profile statistics and things get much worse. Look at the number of total posts "jamie" has made:
33089.jpg
Huh, she must be really into the community to make almost 40,000 posts. The only problem being: There's no community. There is only jamie_marsters. Scrolling through the archives reveals that there are virtually no other users, just this one, posting non stop, replying to herself, over and over again, every minute of every day for the last six years, alone inside her own dark little echo-chamber of madness.

Last edited:
Quality going down.

I don't blame the mods for this or, necessarily, the juvenile posters whom I find entertaining at times. That said, my opinion is that the information and depth of analysis has been declining here over the last year. My thought is that the pay-sites are starting to win. Capitalism in its purest form. The market is dictating quality and the value of the information has gone up over the last several years. That said, $15 is dirt cheap and I will continue to pay my dues every year although I have found my visits to be less regular.

I don't blame the mods for this or, necessarily, the juvenile posters whom I find entertaining at times. That said, my opinion is that the information and depth of analysis has been declining here over the last year. My thought is that the pay-sites are starting to win. Capitalism in its purest form. The market is dictating quality and the value of the information has gone up over the last several years. That said, $15 is dirt cheap and I will continue to pay my dues every year although I have found my visits to be less regular.
Weird. Cause frankly, the pay sites have not gotten any more information over the last year.

Did you check out the bball forum this year? Cause that **** was sexy.

I think it's due to all the negativity. This football season is basically already ruined

The biggest change isn't so much Allbuffs, IMO, as it is the fact that they closed all the spring practices. It is early in the recruiting cycle, so hard to get excited, and there has been NO practices to discuss. No coaching turnover either. Just not a lot to discuss until we can start seeing something on the field. I haven't noticed much different on the pay-sites, other than they greater access they have to recruits.

Do appreciate the opinion Wyo

Why would I want to talk or read about football when everything is bad news and we suck? It is depressing enough spending so much time and money going to the games home and away to watch us embarrass ourselves, so why would I want to spend more time on that in a forum. I will browse certain football threads, get sad, and decide to cheer myself up by making fun of someone who did something stupid. Although when we are good again, I'll probably behave the same way. So this is a throwaway post. My bad. Proceed to bash.

The biggest change isn't so much Allbuffs, IMO, as it is the fact that they closed all the spring practices. It is early in the recruiting cycle, so hard to get excited, and there has been NO practices to discuss. No coaching turnover either. Just not a lot to discuss until we can start seeing something on the field. I haven't noticed much different on the pay-sites, other than they greater access they have to recruits.

Do appreciate the opinion Wyo
makes sense to me. Only news we've had is Prich's injury... not a lot of fun analysis there.
Actually, as far as "analysis" the pay sites have done jack ****. They have been on top of the news, but ya, not much to analyze for anybody lately.

I can tell you the basketball analysis done at AB by Goose and Crew was top notch and UNREPLICATED anywhere else.

The basketball forum was exciting around Pac-12 Tourney/March Madness. You could refresh every ten seconds and find 5 new posts. Crazy

The basketball forum was exciting around Pac-12 Tourney/March Madness. You could refresh every ten seconds and find 5 new posts. Crazy

Bacon just flew by my office window! Basketball threadjacks a threadjacked thread from the Football forum. Shouldn't Allbuffs be killing it right now with a sundresses thread or some such goodness I can't look at from work?

I thought we had decided he was bigbang?

Bigbang could never have written anything that coherent. I agree with the overall sentiment, but it is equally exhausting/frustrating to read bigbang and FLbuff's posts. I rarely agree with Tini and JRK is an asshole, but at least they keep it interesting.

I would agree with this - the problem is we don't have much to discuss. Most of the "news" coming out of CFB during the offseason is bad news (injuries, suspensions, non-qualifiers, Katoa-rock), so the more under-the-radar we are, the better (save the occasional 4* verbal).

Slider, who says the season is ruined already? We're going bowling, baby

I'm just curious but what do you mean by "the pay-sites are starting to win"? Better analysis on players/positions/coaches? Or they are getting scoops that we are not? I get the impression that for every scoop they get there are 4 or 5 false alarms but that's admittedly looking in from the outside and probably wrong.

I'm just curious but what do you mean by "the pay-sites are starting to win"? Better analysis on players/positions/coaches? Or they are getting scoops that we are not? I get the impression that for every scoop they get there are 4 or 5 false alarms but that's admittedly looking in from the outside and probably wrong.

Honestly, I just assume that. I wouldn't pay some douchebag who thinks he knows college football a dime to tell me what he thinks. That's why I like All-Buffs, noone here is pretending to know any more than what they do which has seemed to be generally as much or more than these jock-sniffs who try to make money off of it. That said, maybe I am just working more now and have not been able to spend the time here but it seems the quality and substance has gone down. Some of the old-posters do not seem as active and I miss some of their perspective as well. Basically, it sounds like I am getting old and also more into what I am doing at work. I am not quitting just reporting the vibe I am getting personally.

New poster here, as my profile suggests, and life long Buff fan with a fervid hate for not only the team but the entire state of ****braska. I have been reading the forums for a while now, and have become accustomed to the great analysis on prospects, the university, and the team in general. I've considered popping for a full club membership believing I owe something to this board for fueling my passion for the team (not to mention providing a little monetary compensation to the creator and moderators of this site), however, I'm having second thoughts due to some if not most of the threads being hijacked by those wishing to "critique" others posters. After reading the thread entitled "Predictions for RMS" where Snow, among others, instigates a verbal bashing of bigbang2 with little to no relevance what so ever to the OP and the thread, I've finally become exhausted.

Now I realize a little banter is more than welcome, and sometimes enjoyable to read, but when it becomes an instantaneous assault on the same poster(s) (e.g. tini, bigbang, etc.), I for one become nauseated of the constant BS.

Remember, this site doesn't just provide the fans with an update into the world of all things CU, but it also provides a light for those wishing to attend and/or play for the university. Not to mention their families. Let's stick to the OP's intent in the thread, or get the **** out and go the island or send a personal message to the person with whom you disagree.

I don't know hat to say, so I will post this video

[video=youtube;9PwLg-FxF7Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PwLg-FxF7Y[/video]

this .gif

GIFSoup

and this picture

Fish_heads_eat_them_up_yum_by_madewithsadness.jpg

Back