What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Three weeks ago, I said...

That is exactly my sentiment and why I don't understand a lot of everyone's frustrations...because from what I heard from everyone at the beginning of the season we would be lucky to go 2-2 during this stretch and many picked us to go 1-3...I think everyone got a little to reved up after starting 3-0 that expectations somehow changed, even with the injury bug that has struck the team

I think the reason I am a bit frustrated is that offensively they are unnecessarily leaving points off the board. Maybe they have another QB who can make plays and maybe they don't, but they need to find out if Cody's troubles continue. I AM NOT blaming Cody for everything, really, I'm not. The O-line is in shambles and they are very young. But Cody is not making plays that Ballenger possibly could and I think it's very near the time we find out. He's missing wide open WRs for TDs, having way too many passes batted down, isn't a running threat and won't throw over the middle or deep. It is true in the beginning of the season 2-2 would have been good, but with improved QB play 3-1 would not be unreasonable.

That is exactly my sentiment and why I don't understand a lot of everyone's frustrations...because from what I heard from everyone at the beginning of the season we would be lucky to go 2-2 during this stretch and many picked us to go 1-3...I think everyone got a little to reved up after starting 3-0 that expectations somehow changed, even with the injury bug that has struck the team

I am not disappointed with the Buffs record. If anyone had told me we'd be 3-2 at this point in the season, I'd be happy. What I'm frustrated about is the poor play. Some of it is due to opposing team but there are so many frustrating mistakes in the last two games that I can't be particularly happy about the teams' play right now. I am not pointing fingers at anyone because there is plenty of blame to go around.

I'm still upbeat about the future but boy it'd be nice to see some progress.

We're in deep **** and will need a helluva stretch run to make a bowl game. What will you be saying 3 weeks from now if the Buffs are 5-3?

Everybody else will be saying the same things they are now except it would be B at QB taking all the hate and discontent.

My point exactly. I'm not convinced Missery is better than UT, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt - they're very good. That is going to be a great football game. I can't wait for that one.

Mizzou's offense is better. Mizzou's D is worse. I will be interested to see if we can limit them to the 30 point range. And I think CU can score in that range, if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot. Still think a win is unlikely, but I think it will be closer than some think.

Oh, and the CU O has to sustain drives and score points to give the D time to rest, otherwise the Mizzou points will be 40's and above.

Mizzou's offense is better. Mizzou's D is worse. I will be interested to see if we can limit them to the 30 point range. And I think CU can score in that range, if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot. Still think a win is unlikely, but I think it will be closer than some think.

Oh, and the CU O has to sustain drives and score points to give the D time to rest, otherwise the Mizzou points will be 40's and above.

Right now. This is what I want to see most of all.

we should be 5-3 after the mizzou game. If we are, I think we could win out with at 9-3 record or 8-4 IF we lose to osu.

I think the Mizzou will be ripe for an upset when we play them.

If you look at their schedule they play OSU and at Texas (both ranked teams) and then have a run of us, Baylor, Kstate and ISU before finishing with KU. I see them winning against both OSU and Texas but then expecting a little break as they play the "easier" teams in the B12.

When we play them they will be coming off a really big road win, playing at home and expecting a fairly easy game against our young and struggling Buffs. This reeks of an overconfidence situation. We will be in a prime position to catch them with their guard down, pop them in the mouth, and jump out to an early lead. If we get that kind of a head start and our D plays lights out, I think our O may be able to eek out enough points after Mizzou wakes up to just barely be ahead when the final gun sounds.

Okay, it's a pipe dream with a couple of huge pre-qualifiers (if the O jumps ahead early, if the D plays lights out, if we don't turn the ball over, if we don't shoot ourselves...) but I do think it is possible. My gut tells me Mizzou has a slip up in their future and I'm hoping we're the banana peel.

I think the Mizzou will be ripe for an upset when we play them.

If you look at their schedule they play OSU and at Texas (both ranked teams) and then have a run of us, Baylor, Kstate and ISU before finishing with KU. I see them winning against both OSU and Texas but then expecting a little break as they play the "easier" teams in the B12.

When we play them they will be coming off a really big road win, playing at home and expecting a fairly easy game against our young and struggling Buffs. This reeks of an overconfidence situation. We will be in a prime position to catch them with their guard down, pop them in the mouth, and jump out to an early lead. If we get that kind of a head start and our D plays lights out, I think our O may be able to eek out enough points after Mizzou wakes up to just barely be ahead when the final gun sounds.

Okay, it's a pipe dream with a couple of huge pre-qualifiers (if the O jumps ahead early, if the D plays lights out, if we don't turn the ball over, if we don't shoot ourselves...) but I do think it is possible. My gut tells me Mizzou has a slip up in their future and I'm hoping we're the banana peel.

:canabis:

Don't keep that stuff to yourself, dude. Pass it around.

I'll be pleasantly shocked if the Buffs are 5-3 after the Mizzou game.

Dude you are such a tool. First you said we didn't stand a chance against WVU, then you said we might have a chance vs. FSU. Now you are saying we suck. Pick something! KU and KSU are very winnable games. I bet we are favored against KSU after we beat KU. 5-3 is very likely after Mizzou, VERY LIKELY, I will be shocked if we are not 5-3.

I will be shocked if we are not 5-3.

While I'll agree that 5-3 is a possibility, I'd say 4-4 is more likely. Even so, the remaining games on the schedule are all winable games from there on out. So 4-4 with 4 winable games could easily translate into 8-4 or 7-5 when it's all said and done. I don't think any of us would be upset with an 8-4 record at the end of the year.

Dude you are such a tool. First you said we didn't stand a chance against WVU, then you said we might have a chance vs. FSU. Now you are saying we suck. Pick something! KU and KSU are very winnable games. I bet we are favored against KSU after we beat KU. 5-3 is very likely after Mizzou, VERY LIKELY, I will be shocked if we are not 5-3.

Dude who are you? I can't keep track of you ****ing name-changers.

I don't recall saying CU had a chance against FSU. Hell, I picked FSU to win 24-3 . Maybe I did say they had a chance but I sure wasn't favoring them.

I will go out on a limb right now (not much of one) and predict that Colorado will be favored against KSU whether the Buffs win or lose on Saturday. It is a home game, after all.

Needless to say - come the end of the Mizzou game, one of us is going to be shocked.

That I'd be thrilled to go 2-2 against WVA, FSU, UT and KU. Well, beat KU and that's exactly where we'll be. I, for one, think this is the easiest of the opponents we've played the last three weeks. We ought to beat the chickenhawks. Seriously, we should. I'm concerned about injuries, but on the positive side, the guys who filled in for injured players just got a nice lesson in how to play with the big boys. Kansas is NOT as good as Texas. Kansas is NOT as good as Florida State. Kansas is NOT as good as West Virgina.

Unless I missed something, every single team we've played so far has a winning record. Yes, even CSU. We've played a tough schedule and we are still 3-2.

Chins up, Buff fans. While it's clear that we're not where we want to be, we're also way ahead of where we were two years ago. 8-4 is not an unrealistic goal for this team, given how the rest of the season is shaping up.
Actually that is a very good, very persuasive case.

I had been counting this as an 'L' all along ... but your points are well-taken, and I'm much more excited about this one now. It all depends on the O-Line ... it's all about the patchwork O-line.

If we lose a close one, I'm blaming lazy Tau and Faatagi. Who's with me?!

Back