What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Throwbacks???

i really want one, that **** is sharp. might have to wait a few weeks for the return of my security deposit, come on BPM, send me that check.

I'm guessing the throwbacks will be the Whizzer jersey, practice gold pant, and current helmet. All gold. I've seen something like the all gold in practice pics when the QB's have on a gold target jersey with the gold/yellow pant. i think it might work.

They are the Whizzer White throwbacks. Below is the description from the website. Interesting that says, "this jersey will ship the week of Sept. 6". My guess is that these are our jerseys for the Wyoming game.:

Nike Throwback Byron "Whizzer" White Football Jersey Pre-Order your CU Football Throwback Jersey featuring #24 Byron "Whizzer" White. This jersey is inspired by the football jersey that was worn by White during his time as a Colorado Buffalo from 1935-1937. White was known as the "60 minute performer" as he excelled in offense, defense and special teams. He was the first All-American in football at Colorado and led the Buffaloes to their first ever bowl appearance in 1937. He was also the lone inaugural inductee into the University of Colorado Athletic Hall of Fame. White will always be remembered as a star athlete at Colorado and here is a great way to show that his spirit keeps on living. The jersey comes in vegas gold and is made of 100% polyester. By Nike Team Sports. Please note this jersey will ship the week of Sept. 6th.

Is anyone else creeped out by the description of Justice White as a "60 minute man?" :afraid:

Some are wondering about uniforms of the past. Here is a link to some history regarding the logo and uniform changes over the years on the AD website. It isn't completely detailed for the colors of the jerseys, pants and helmets in every year, but it does give a reasonable summary. Many years ago the Buffs wore gold jerseys with silver pants and I think silver helmets. I think some of Dal Ward's teams wore gold jerseys and pants. In 1959 black jerseys were used by Sonny Grandelius. The pants and helmets went from silver to gold soon thereafter. I think a pale gold jersey was used in the 1962 season and then Eddie Crowder put the team back in black jerseys. Most of you probably have a handle on the uniforms since Eddie's time as coach. There are some nice color photos of uniforms in Dave Plati's Colorado Football Vault. It is a book well worth the price.

https://admin.xosn.com/pdf5/134068.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=600

Last edited:
Those look like Jv jerseys no please, nice to buy but please dont play with the pee from a 3 day drinking binge, child please. lol Ocho Cinco.

I have many times. For instance, once, when I was crashing on a buddy's couch he woke me up by yelling, "what the **** are you doing!!!" It turns out I was pissing on his television.

Oh, you can miss with the whiz...

...maybe he meant jizz?

So, I think I missed it somewhere...why are we wearing throwbacks for the Wyoming game? What are we commemorating?

Dope. I love it.

I like it better than the current style jersey. No piping. No reflective tape. No issue with the font being too small. The little CU logo at the front of the V collar is perfect.

So, I think I missed it somewhere...why are we wearing throwbacks for the Wyoming game? What are we commemorating?

We just want to minimize the culture shock for their fans by pretending it's 1973 while they visit.

I like how they're simple, but not too crazy about the darker shades up on the shoulder pads and down at the bottom. :huh:

Were celebrating 120 years of Colorado football.

The WYO game is on "Legacy Day."
Guess they didn't need a gimmick for the CSeason opener.

Dropped by the CU Bookstore and they didn't have them and the person I asked didn't know anything about them. So I bought a t-shirt.

Back