What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Throwbacks???

Are we trying to join the Mtn west? First Wyoming's unis and now CSU's repainted helmet.

They're throwback unis, gentlemen. We once wore black horns on silver helmets.

They unveiled the uniforms along with the silver helmets... but I can't find a picture of the helmets. Anybody?

FAIL :(

Colorado_OLD4.gif

Last edited:
Yea, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't like the darker tones up around the shoulders and down at the bottom. Just make the jersey one solid color.

But, as the picture above shows, Whizz's jersey DID have markings like that, so it's pretty accurate. It also explains the maxi shoulder pads we have now -- its actually a tip to the past.

But, as the picture above shows, Whizz's jersey DID have markings like that, so it's pretty accurate. It also explains the maxi shoulder pads we have now -- its actually a tip to the past.

I somehow doubt Whizzer's jersey incorporated vinyl iron on patches. If the throwback jersey came with suede or fabric patches instead of that urine colored plastic stuff, that would be tight.

I somehow doubt Whizzer's jersey incorporated vinyl iron on patches. If the throwback jersey came with suede or fabric patches instead of that urine colored plastic stuff, that would be tight.

:sad1: I just got my urine colored plastic stuff jersey today. Just opened the box. I'm not that fond of those vinyl patches, but overall I think the jersey is pretty cool. It would be even better without the patches at all. Just solid gold. Oh, well. I'm glad I got it.

SIAP, but you'd have thought someone in the AD would have considered that one of Wyoming's team colors is gold.

I think I'm wearing black to the game.

SIAP, but you'd have thought someone in the AD would have considered that one of Wyoming's team colors is gold.

So's misery's. And the sheep. And Baylor. But not when they're visiting Folsom.

I like throwback uni's, but not from that era. I guess for this game it will be alright. Maybe I'll change my mind after I see them up close?

Supposedly it's just a plain silver helmet, or at least that's what they've been wearing at practice this week.

Don't know if it has been metioned yet, too lazy to look through the entire 9 pages, but the field is supposed to have the same yard markings and end zone as the 30's.

Did college have the goal posts at the front of the end zone back then. That might actually help.

Back