What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thursday Night Games

Jay Hill Utah's ST/RB coach (9 years experience): $225k
Toby Neinas ST coach only (3 years ST experience): $250k

Thanks Bohn

Just kills me letting halftime leads against OSU and Cal get away. However, UU is a game in which we have a shot in Boulder. If Utah doesn't pull this out tonight, it may very well be a stumble to 6 wins: USC, @ ASU, Oregon, @ Stanford, Arizona, @ CU. Loser tonight may have a hard time getting much past 6, if at all. Utah's stretch before @ CU is very difficult. OSU has a little more breathing room with Wazzu and Cal at home, but a loss tonight leaves about no margin for upset without an upset somewhere.

Last edited:
that game sucked. this is turning out to be a great football season to continue experiencing the outdoor wonders that Colorado has to offer (don't get me wrong, I'll still watch every game, on DVR, and wear orange & maroon every game day).

Hokies now 4-3 (1-2) with no FSU, Clemson or Louisville on the schedule. Won't do anything to quiet the "Beamer is losing it" crowd.

that crowd shouldn't be quieted. Dude has been one of the top ten paid coaches in CFB since 2000 but hasn't come close to doing a top 10 job since 1999. I respect what he's done, but it's a fair argument that he's been coasting for 10+ years. Beamer still retains title of Special Teams coach, which have been abysmal. I don't believe in tenure -- if you're going to make million dollar salaries, it's a reasonable expectation that you keep earning it and not rest on laurels you accumulated decades prior. Hokies haven't even competed for the fujcking conference championship in over four years.[/rant]

I thought we have penciled in a W vs Utah because Wilson was going to get injured and they were automatically going to suck? What happened?

:facepalm:
Who penciled that one in? I think it's winnable because we are better and it's at Folsom, but it will be a great game.

that game sucked. this is turning out to be a great football season to continue experiencing the outdoor wonders that Colorado has to offer (don't get me wrong, I'll still watch every game, on DVR, and wear orange & maroon every game day).

that crowd shouldn't be quieted. Dude has been one of the top ten paid coaches in CFB since 2000 but hasn't come close to doing a top 10 job since 1999. I respect what he's done, but it's a fair argument that he's been coasting for 10+ years. Beamer still retains title of Special Teams coach, which have been abysmal. I don't believe in tenure -- if you're going to make million dollar salaries, it's a reasonable expectation that you keep earning it and not rest on laurels you accumulated decades prior. Hokies haven't even competed for the fujcking conference championship in over four years.[/rant]

Be careful what you wish for. The issue here is VT isn't a national title level contender and likely won't be again. Can they be better than the last few seasons? Sure. But things could also get far worse. FSU and Clemson have awoken and UVA recruiting at a high level is not helping matters. Realistically this is a program that wins 7-10
games. Outside of Vick lightning in a bottle, it isn't going to be '99 ever again.

I'm glad that was the conclusion you came to, very accurate.

But, of course JE and staff were held accountable in year two, whereas MacIntyre is not? You are a ****ing hypocrite.

It's becoming more and more clear to me - the color of the coaches skin matters a lot to many CU fans.

But, of course JE and staff were held accountable in year two, whereas MacIntyre is not? You are a ****ing hypocrite.

It's becoming more and more clear to me - the color of the coaches skin matters a lot to many CU fans.
And you are a ****ing idiot. Can you really not recognize progress or is your head so far up your ass that you can taste what you ate for dinner last night?

How's Italy in the Fall? I've never been but I think this is the time of year I would go.

What's clear to me is that you have an agenda, and that you don't really live in reality.

Come on, man. We get it but you are going way too far with this.

So Embree was fired for being black. Ignore that fact that when they hired him he was black.

It had nothing to do with winning one game by one point when the opponent self-destructed and the rest of the games being sad jokes including losing to an FCS school and getting run off the field by a mid-level WAC team?

Date OpponentTime/TVTickets
Saturday
Sept. 1
Colorado State Rams
Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, CO
Lost 22-17---
Saturday
Sept. 8
sacramento-st1.gif
Sacramento State Hornets
Folsom Field, Boulder, CO
Lost 30-28---
Saturday
Sept. 15
at Fresno State Bulldogs
Bulldog Stadium, Fresno, CA
Lost 69-14---
Saturday
Sept. 22
at Washington State Cougars
Martin Stadium, Pullman, WA
Won 35-34---
Saturday
Sept. 29
UCLA Bruins
Lost 42-14---
Saturday
Oct. 6
---Open Date------
Thursday
Oct. 11
Arizona State Sun Devils
Lost 51-17---
Saturday
Oct. 20
at USC Trojans
L.A. Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA
Lost 50-6---
Saturday
Oct. 27
at Oregon Ducks
Autzen Stadium, Eugene, OR
Lost 70-14---
Saturday
Nov. 3
Stanford Cardinal (HC)
Lost 48-0---
Saturday
Nov. 10
at Arizona Wildcats
Arizona Stadium, Tucson, AZ
Lost 56-31---
Saturday
Nov. 17
Washington Huskies
Lost 38-3---
Friday
Nov. 23
Utah Utes
Lost 42-35---
You can't look at the above results and see why a coach would be fired?

Friday
Aug. 29
at Colorado State Rams
Lost 31-17---
Saturday
Sept. 6
at UMass Minutemen
Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA
Won 41-38---
Saturday
Sept. 13
Arizona State Sun Devils
Lost 38-24---
Saturday
Sept. 20
Hawaii Rainbow Warriors
Won 21-12---
Saturday
Sept. 27
at California Golden Bears
California Memorial Stadium, Berkeley, CA
Lost 59-56 (OT)---
Saturday
Oct. 4
Oregon State Beavers
Lost 36-31---
Saturday
Oct. 11
---Open Date------
The results this season while certainly not what we want them to be show a different level of performance and some reason to believe that we may be getting better.

Pulling the race card simply means that you have absolutely no other arguement to use and are to stupid to give up your position.

So Embree was fired for being black. Ignore that fact that when they hired him he was black.

It had nothing to do with winning one game by one point when the opponent self-destructed and the rest of the games being sad jokes including losing to an FCS school and getting run off the field by a mid-level WAC team?

Date
Opponent
Time/TV
Tickets
Saturday
Sept. 1

Colorado State Rams
Lost 22-17
---
Saturday
Sept. 8
sacramento-st1.gif

Sacramento State Hornets
Lost 30-28
---
Saturday
Sept. 15

at Fresno State Bulldogs
Bulldog Stadium, Fresno, CA
Lost 69-14
---
Saturday
Sept. 22

at Washington State Cougars
Martin Stadium, Pullman, WA
Won 35-34
---
Saturday
Sept. 29

UCLA Bruins
Lost 42-14
---
Saturday
Oct. 6
---
Open Date
---
---
Thursday
Oct. 11

Arizona State Sun Devils
Lost 51-17
---
Saturday
Oct. 20

at USC Trojans
L.A. Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA
Lost 50-6
---
Saturday
Oct. 27

at Oregon Ducks
Autzen Stadium, Eugene, OR
Lost 70-14
---
Saturday
Nov. 3

Stanford Cardinal (HC)
Lost 48-0
---
Saturday
Nov. 10

at Arizona Wildcats
Arizona Stadium, Tucson, AZ
Lost 56-31
---
Saturday
Nov. 17

Washington Huskies
Lost 38-3
---
Friday
Nov. 23

Utah Utes
Lost 42-35
---
You can't look at the above results and see why a coach would be fired?

Friday
Aug. 29

at Colorado State Rams
Lost 31-17
---
Saturday
Sept. 6

at UMass Minutemen
Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA
Won 41-38
---
Saturday
Sept. 13

Arizona State Sun Devils
Lost 38-24
---
Saturday
Sept. 20

Hawaii Rainbow Warriors
Won 21-12
---
Saturday
Sept. 27

at California Golden Bears
California Memorial Stadium, Berkeley, CA
Lost 59-56 (OT)
---
Saturday
Oct. 4

Oregon State Beavers
Lost 36-31
---
Saturday
Oct. 11
---
Open Date
---
---
The results this season while certainly not what we want them to be show a different level of performance and some reason to believe that we may be getting better.

Pulling the race card simply means that you have absolutely no other arguement to use and are to stupid to give up your position.

Buffs were one down away from going winless in Embree's last year. Pulled a win out of their ass on 4th down (last play of the game)
That was one of the worst coaching efforts I have ever witnessed. He deserved to get fired. Great post.

Regarding racism:

1) I think it's important to ask the question (and personally soul search) on whether race is playing a role in things. Given the history of race in this country and particularly in the college coaching ranks, it's an important question to ask.

2) I think it's reprehensible to be so blinded and agenda-driven that you accuse others of racism when there are other factors that differentiate the two situations. Willfully ignoring those other factors to push a "racism" agenda is slanderous and also points to the accuser having a personal issue of erroneously assuming that all or most things are about race.

My impression of the folks on AllBuffs in this was and has been that: a) we loved Embree as a Buff and wanted him to succeed more than we would normally want a coach to succeed; b) we recognized the race issue in college football coaching opportunities and thought it would be a nice side bonus if CU could make a positive societal impact while winning; and, c) his job performance was so egregiously bad that we were forced to throw a & b out the window.

Regarding MacIntyre, we now find ourselves in a different situation than before. CU just fired a coach after 2 years and we have a program with limited long-term contracts. Beyond that, the hole was dug so deep that we weren't close to having a winning team when MacIntyre took over. So for those reasons, we view the significant progress in the competitiveness of the team while also getting a "feel" that the loser's attitude the program had internally suffered with is changing. So we're not ready to make another change so quick... assuming that MacIntyre doesn't lose the team and we don't start seeing non-competitive blowouts every week while hearing reports of a lot of the team going through the motions.

Add to that the REALITY that we simply can't go through another coaching change for another 2-3 years minimum, lest the perception of the program get even worse. So if you like Mac, sit back and eat some popcorn. If you are unhappy with Mac, sit back and eat some popcorn.

Back