What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thursday Night Games

Buffs were one down away from going winless in Embree's last year. Pulled a win out of their ass on 4th down (last play of the game)
That was one of the worst coaching efforts I have ever witnessed. He deserved to get fired. Great post.

On a ****ing audible, it wasn't even the play sent in.

Add to that the REALITY that we simply can't go through another coaching change for another 2-3 years minimum, lest the perception of the program get even worse. So if you like Mac, sit back and eat some popcorn. If you are unhappy with Mac, sit back and eat some popcorn.

No, no, no.

Forget that the number of coaches hired in a minimal period of time can be a variable in whether or not to retain MM.

Forget that the margins of loss are significantly lower (despite our opponents coaches keeping their first team in for full games).

Forget that the Buffs rank higher in every statistical category nationally, and not by a little.

Forget that Buffs are putting points on the board, sustaining drives and moving chains at a record setting pace through the air.

Forget that the team appears to be well-coached, and that those embarrassing self-inflicted penalties are virtually non-existant (i.e. false starts, illegal substitutions etc...).

Forget that the message from Dal Ward has been on point and unwavering.

THERE ARE ONLY TWO VARIABLES THAT MATTER IN THIS DISCUSSION. WINS/LOSSES AND THE COACHES ETHNICITY.

Thank you.

Add to that the REALITY that we simply can't go through another coaching change for another 2-3 years minimum, lest the perception of the program get even worse. So if you like Mac, sit back and eat some popcorn. If you are unhappy with Mac, sit back and eat some popcorn.

It's not an all or nothing proposition.

It's not an all or nothing proposition.

Staff changes are a normal thing. I think we're in agreement that just because we don't want to fire the CEO doesn't mean that we believe we need to keep all the same managers.

With Embree, we were kind of the opposite. We really liked position coaches such as Kennedy, Tui and Brookhart. We loved EB as a RB coach but not as an OC. We liked Brown as a DB coach, but not as a DC. We loved Embree as a TE coach but not as a HC.

With the previous staff, it was a problem at the executive level. With this staff, the problems seem to be lower in the chain of command except for ST Coordination where Neinas was a downgrade from Brookhart.

Is this moron claiming racism again?

It's getting time for the ban stick to come out. There's only so much of this kind of bullsh*t that we should have to deal with. This retard pops up from time to time, calls us a bunch of racists, and then crawls back into his cave. I've about had enough of it. It was bullsh*t the first time he claimed racism, and it's bullsh*t now. His schtick hasn't changed. No matter how many times we tell him in no uncertain terms that his accusations are 100% baseless, he keeps throwing them out there again and again. Firing Embree wasn't racist when it happened, and it won't be racist after this doofus claims it was for the 1,000th time. He can claim racism until he's blue in the face but that won't make it so. If he's too dense to figure that out, then that's his problem, not ours. No sense forcing us to repeatedly deal with his brand of idiocy. Time for him to hit the bricks.

Don't you DARE challenge Slider's narrative. Nicely done.

Whatever. I googled Utah ST coach and he came up. Either way the point still stands. Utah had one of the best ST coaches in the nation. They paid him $25k less AND he coached RB's. AND he had 6 more years ST experience. Complete and utter failure by CU.

Thanks Bohn

Staff changes are a normal thing. I think we're in agreement that just because we don't want to fire the CEO doesn't mean that we believe we need to keep all the same managers.

With Embree, we were kind of the opposite. We really liked position coaches such as Kennedy, Tui and Brookhart. We loved EB as a RB coach but not as an OC. We liked Brown as a DB coach, but not as a DC. We loved Embree as a TE coach but not as a HC.

With the previous staff, it was a problem at the executive level. With this staff, the problems seem to be lower in the chain of command except for ST Coordination where Neinas was a downgrade from Brookhart.

Yep.

I think we can reasonably assess the effectiveness of some assistants at the end of the season. We all know MacIntyre is going nowhere (nor should he), but let's learn from past mistakes as well. If an assistant coach is not earning the paycheck, there is no need to take a potential firing as some sort of indictment of MacIntyre as the head coach.

Is this moron claiming racism again?

Anyone claiming racism in this case isn't being intellectually honest at best -- a complete lack of reasoning. To continue making that claim over and over - one is left to assume there is either a personal agenda blinded by unadulterated hate or projection of his own personal guilt. Either way, its just sad.

can we do a quick IP check on this dip****?

It's real easy to narrow it down. Only seen a couple people over the years continuously call Buff fans idiots while making self righteous yet nonsensical and inane arguments.

In before Cville calls Dana ****ing ridiculous :lol:. Goddamn if my hair ever gets that Cooky from the ****ing Bozo show look, I'm gonna adopt the Mr. Clean look.

I look damn sexy with the Mr. Clean look. Although, I am pretty sure as I was walking out to my car after the OSU game someone may have called me a skinhead.

RE: Neinas.... we have to be one of the most penalized ST's units in the nation. Can anyone check that out?

Back