1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ticket Offer for Recent Graduates

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffGuy91, Sep 1, 2009.

1. BuffGuy91

BuffGuy91 Well-Known Member

Got this in my email for recent grads...

2. PurifydatA$$

PurifydatA$$ Member

No love for the 2005 Grads huh? Guess I'm just one of the old guys now

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

This is a fantastic move. They need to keep the recent graduates involved and passionate about CU football. While I think the price could be a little lower, I applaud the effort. I can't help but wonder if they had a deal like this when I graduated if more of the guys I went to school with wouldn't be season ticket holders today. It's a good first step.

4. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

That's an incredible price. Sackman, you think it should be lower????

5. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I don't think that the price needs to be lower. That's cheap. Even for recent grads. Hell, all they have to do is not buy two video games that they would have bought. $120 saved right there. I think just about anybody can come up with that. Your spot on Sacky about keeping recent grads involved with the school though. Great move. Too many get their diploma and move on.

Go Buffs.

6. sackman

I think the price for people just out of school should be just a little higher than the price they paid for student tickets. Then it should slowly get higher until they are paying regular price after five years or so.

You're right that it's a great price, but it's still a lot more than a student ticket.

7. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

It's the exact some price as a student season ticket

8. sackman

Oh, really? OK then. Student tickets have gone up a lot since I was in school then. Alrighty. Forget what I said about wanting a lower price.

btw - a season pass for Buff games was $25 when I was at CU. Gawd, I guess I'm getting really old.

9. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i think it's a very encouraging step in the right direction. as i recall, we've discussed an entry level ticket for grads on here before....which i support whole-heartedly. you sit in 117 for two years and then get priced out of the ticket. not a great way to build an alumni base.

10. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

No kidding, I think mine were $10 for the season and an additional $80 for Truly Superior.

11. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

It was only 55 when I graduated in 2002.

12. PurifydatA$$

PurifydatA$$ Member

I agree - I love to see them getting/keeping recent grads interested in the program.

One thing I'd like to see as a Buff graduate living far from CO is for the alumni association/athletic dept/whomever to contact alums in areas near where away games are being played (for instance, reach out to me when CU plays in the Southeast, ie last year against FSU) and offer ticket specials to a) keep grads involved, and b) to generate a stronger CU section at hostile away games

13. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

Sounds like a good idea to me. e-mail the suggestion to Bohn. He has said he is always looking for ideas

14. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

****ing fantastic idea. Wish they had done this when I graduated.

15. PurifydatA$$

PurifydatA$$ Member

How to I contact Mr. Bohn?

16. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

ummm, i just bought season tickets five days ago, told them i just graduated and paid $180. think i can call get that $70 back?

17. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Are your seats in the same section(s)?

It certainly worth a call.

18. phatmack

phatmack Active Member

Any one successful with this? I just tried and couldn't get the deal. I need to call them I guess. Just wanted to know if anyone was successful with this deal online...

19. phatmack

phatmack Active Member

Ok. Just spoke to the ticket office. That promo is sold out. MOTHER****ER!! :sad2:

20. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Hmm. So, do you think dad could "borrow" said season ticket? :smile2:

21. sackman

Did they give any indication as to how many tickets they had set aside for the promo?

Sounds like they got a hold of a pretty good deal there. I hope they continue it.

22. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

e-mail to mike.bohn 'at' colorado.edu with @ instead of 'at'

23. phatmack

phatmack Active Member

No, no indication... I didn't ask though either. I looked at the email I got and it was received at 12:02AM this morning so that means that this deal sold out in about 12 hours. Wow. I too hope they continue it though I'll only be eligible for another year or so!

I'm concerned though, I wonder if/how they checked whether or not you were truly a recent grad. I mean, if someone who wasn't interested in going to the games got these and then turned around and sold them, even for $40/ticket... well you see where I'm going. Anyone actually get this sweet deal and can confirm that they verified eligibility some how?

Anyway, I was bummed... wife and I thought they were a bit too expensive until this deal came around. We jumped at the opportunity and didn't make the cut. Oh well, next year I hope to not have to wait around for the deals like this and can buy the sweet seats from the get go.

24. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

they are sold out, I was in the ticket office yesterday someone came in and tried to buy them.

25. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

One problem with your idea is that the CU AD has no say on ticket prices or specials for away games. The home team, say WVU, gives CU an allotment of tickets that they can sell but the CU AD does not see any of the that money. CU takes orders and collects $$, then tells WVU how many they sold. WVU gives CU the tickets and CU pays WVU. CU would have to go out of pocket for any specials.

26. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

It's a good price, to cheap and people feel no obligation to use them and they don't go. Once people get into the habit of heading up to Folsom a few times each fall they will more willing to shell out more bucks as their earnings go up.

I also like hooking basketball to it. The BB program has been a drag on the AD budget for years. If we can get a few more people in the seats it might start to have a better feel to it and build some momentum.

27. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

oh well, those two sections should be like student section lite, pretty funny.