What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ticket Sales: Mike Bohn should contract with IMG

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/u-of-tennessee-starts-sports-tickets-push-with-img-2011-05-31

...after years of seeing a steady decline in its football ticket sales, Tennessee has decided it’s time to turn professional, in ticket sales at least.

It’s the third Division I college, along with Duke University and San Jose State University, that in May signed with IMG College Ticket Solutions, a unit of the burgeoning IMG College division of sports and entertainment agency IMG Worldwide.

...IMG will bring in a general manager and build a staff of eight to 12 sales people by mid-June, all of whom will be focused full-time on selling tickets and providing customer care to ticket holders. Right now, Tennessee has seven people in its ticket office whose role is largely taking and processing ticket orders.

...The system appears to work, to judge by the experience of Temple University, which signed up to the program last year. Temple’s operation grew from what Eric Roedl, senior associate athletic director, called a one-and-a-half person ticket office to an IMG-hired general manager and four sales people who between them make 1,000 calls a week.

...The IMG team, which is typically based on campus, calls alumni, students’ parents, faculty and staff and also up-sells previous ticket buyers.

Roedl said last year Temple football ticket sales and revenue were up about 30% on the previous year. For the coming season, those figures are on course to see year-on-year growth of more than 100%. Temple recently signed a two-year extension with IMG.

...“We brought in a full-time staff focused on selling year-round and using client relationship management systems,” said DiFebo of his time at UCF. “We also incentivized the staff to sell.”

Under DiFebo, UCF’s football season ticket holders grew to 23,000 from 13,000, and revenue from total ticket sales rose by more than $4.5 million a year.

...IMG College Ticket Solutions is in talks with three other Division I universities, said a company spokesman, though he declined to name the schools.

I sincerely hope that CU is one of the three schools in negotiations.

I sincerely doubt they are. While improvements in the ticket office operations are desperately needed, I still think it's a very low priority for Mike Bohn.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/u-of-tennessee-starts-sports-tickets-push-with-img-2011-05-31

...after years of seeing a steady decline in its football ticket sales, Tennessee has decided it’s time to turn professional, in ticket sales at least.

It’s the third Division I college, along with Duke University and San Jose State University, that in May signed with IMG College Ticket Solutions, a unit of the burgeoning IMG College division of sports and entertainment agency IMG Worldwide.

...IMG will bring in a general manager and build a staff of eight to 12 sales people by mid-June, all of whom will be focused full-time on selling tickets and providing customer care to ticket holders. Right now, Tennessee has seven people in its ticket office whose role is largely taking and processing ticket orders.

...The system appears to work, to judge by the experience of Temple University, which signed up to the program last year. Temple’s operation grew from what Eric Roedl, senior associate athletic director, called a one-and-a-half person ticket office to an IMG-hired general manager and four sales people who between them make 1,000 calls a week.

...The IMG team, which is typically based on campus, calls alumni, students’ parents, faculty and staff and also up-sells previous ticket buyers.

Roedl said last year Temple football ticket sales and revenue were up about 30% on the previous year. For the coming season, those figures are on course to see year-on-year growth of more than 100%. Temple recently signed a two-year extension with IMG.

...“We brought in a full-time staff focused on selling year-round and using client relationship management systems,” said DiFebo of his time at UCF. “We also incentivized the staff to sell.”

Under DiFebo, UCF’s football season ticket holders grew to 23,000 from 13,000, and revenue from total ticket sales rose by more than $4.5 million a year.

...IMG College Ticket Solutions is in talks with three other Division I universities, said a company spokesman, though he declined to name the schools.

last i heard the AD signed with the same people who represented the PAC-12

I sincerely doubt they are. While improvements in the ticket office operations are desperately needed, I still think it's a very low priority for Mike Bohn.

Odds are against CU being one of the 3. However, Bohn did set some big goals for season ticket growth. It does sound like it's a priority.

if our ticket sales are the same as Duke and SDSU....not sure what to say about that.

hasn't Mike been telling us everything is great?

last i heard the AD signed with the same people who represented the PAC-12

I thought that was for general marketing. I don't think that was an operational thing. Was driving ticket sales a specific goal of that deal?

Given how well CU fans have supported their team during the Hawkins saga, I don't see the need for Bohn to turn over ticket sales to someone else.

But given the KU ticket scandal, it might be necessary.

Given how well CU fans have supported their team during the Hawkins saga, I don't see the need for Bohn to turn over ticket sales to someone else.

But given the KU ticket scandal, it might be necessary.

The KU Ticket Scandal dealt primarily with abuse of power and privilege in ticket operations, not ticket sales...the two concepts are related but very different from one another and having an outside third-party sales office would not have prevented what went down at KU...

Doubtful, since it seems that CU has apparently already contracted with The Aspire Group, a company which offers similar Ticket Sales services...

http://www.theaspiregroupinc.com/ne...n-it-athletic-marketing-and-ticket-sales.html

I remember discussing this briefly a few months ago (too lazy right now to dig up the thread), but I would love to know exactly what kind of deal CU has with Aspire - exactly what services they are providing the CU AD and whatnot...

Back