What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tickets!

It's all about the money. CU can sell something like 40,000 seats to the game at Invesco. CSU's stadium doesn't even hold that many people. Figure 40,000 seats times $50 per seat is $2MM in revenue when the game is at Invesco. CSU can't provide more than a couple hundred thousand guarantee (if that), and we'd only get *maybe* 5,000 tickets to sell to any game up there. It's not a hard decision, even though it may be an unpopular one.

i stopped paying for the RMS in Denver. i don't go from 118 in Folsom to section 8 thousand at Invesco. Homey don't play that. my ticket group saves that money and buys a nice keg of german beer, a nice handle of bourbon and go watch party in the backyard.

i stopped paying for the RMS in Denver. i don't go from 118 in Folsom to section 8 thousand at Invesco. Homey don't play that. my ticket group saves that money and buys a nice keg of german beer and go watch party.

How do you get out of paying for it?

actually worse than that. we pay a grad student to buy the tix. grad tix, you get the choice to buy the Rammie game in Denver.

Nice.

Untitled-9.jpg

i stopped paying for the RMS in Denver. i don't go from 118 in Folsom to section 8 thousand at Invesco. Homey don't play that. my ticket group saves that money and buys a nice keg of german beer, a nice handle of bourbon and go watch party in the backyard.

It is hard to understand how I go from 50 yard line, lower level (section 118 - the best section in the house) at Folsom, to paying an extra fee to get section 110 (corner of endzone). However, when you consider CU has 40,000 tickets to sell, and they allocate them based first on (I believe) length of time you've had your tickets, then it makes sense. Given the alternative of having it at CSU every other year, I'll pay each year for this game. This year at least they gave people the option to "pay up" to get better seats. I thought paying the little bit extra would put me in the minority and i'd get something nearer to the middle of the field. Oh well. It was certainly worth the upgrade to be in a lower section.

BTW, if you are in row 2 of section 110 you are absolutely going to HATE those seats. I had those last year and threw a fit at the game based on a recent donation and was moved before kickoff to something much higher but nearer the middle of the field. Row2 puts you way too low for my liking and you can't see much.

Allbuffs tickets are in section 517, row 17. Strangely enough, they are in the same approximate location as the seats in Folsom, just a bit higher.

It is hard to understand how I go from 50 yard line, lower level (section 118 - the best section in the house) at Folsom, to paying an extra fee to get section 110 (corner of endzone). However, when you consider CU has 40,000 tickets to sell, and they allocate them based first on (I believe) length of time you've had your tickets, then it makes sense. Given the alternative of having it at CSU every other year, I'll pay each year for this game. This year at least they gave people the option to "pay up" to get better seats. I thought paying the little bit extra would put me in the minority and i'd get something nearer to the middle of the field. Oh well. It was certainly worth the upgrade to be in a lower section.

BTW, if you are in row 2 of section 110 you are absolutely going to HATE those seats. I had those last year and threw a fit at the game based on a recent donation and was moved before kickoff to something much higher but nearer the middle of the field. Row2 puts you way too low for my liking and you can't see much.

same situation here...

my seats are in section 118, row 48 in folsom and i paid the extra 10 bucks a seat for the rmsd so my dad won't have to hike up to level 5 at invesco.

my seats for the lammie game are in section 110, row 31 (northwest corner of the stadium). that should be high enough to see the game fairly well.

i'm not complaining too much about those seats...

I'm ticked because the ticket office effed up CSU seats. I actually requested the to pay the ridiculous club level price and they messed up my upgrade, didn't upgrade me to club level as requested, just to the price level 1, and didn't add the 5th ticket to my season ticket package. I actually called the ticket office when I renewed in order to avoid any confusion, and called again about a month ago when I hadn't heard back on the upgrade request. Got the fifth ticket thing taken care of but I didn't discover the club level mistake until I got my tickets the other day, and apparently there is nothing available for 5 tix, even if they're not all together. Seats I ended up with are pretty good on the first level, but no damn beer, which was the point of requesting the upgrade to begin with. Probably going to email or call on Tuesday to see if there is anything to be done...of course I discovered all this after I upped my donation to reward them for the PAC 10 move...sigh. :(

I'm ticked because the ticket office effed up CSU seats. I actually requested the to pay the ridiculous club level price and they messed up my upgrade, didn't upgrade me to club level as requested, just to the price level 1, and didn't add the 5th ticket to my season ticket package. I actually called the ticket office when I renewed in order to avoid any confusion, and called again about a month ago when I hadn't heard back on the upgrade request. Got the fifth ticket thing taken care of but I didn't discover the club level mistake until I got my tickets the other day, and apparently there is nothing available for 5 tix, even if they're not all together. Seats I ended up with are pretty good on the first level, but no damn beer, which was the point of requesting the upgrade to begin with. Probably going to email or call on Tuesday to see if there is anything to be done...of course I discovered all this after I upped my donation to reward them for the PAC 10 move...sigh. :(

this sounds like a direct contact to mike bohn to me...

Back