1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tidbits from Media Day

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Darth Snow, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

So far, just one, but it is enough to make me very happy... we are talking walrus in a room full of hermaphrodites happy.

Boyle, in his interview, GUSHED about Roberson, including this: "He is shooting the ball VERY well in practice... if that keeps up (knocks on wood), watch out". His eyes got very wide during this part. Roberson as a complete player? hoooo boy.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I just listened to the full interview.

Boyle's keys to success focus on 3 goals:

1. Top 3 in the conference in offensive efficiency
    2. Top 3 in the conference in rebound margin
    3. Top 3 in the conference in defensive field goal percentage

We had a lot of improvement on #'s 2 and 3 last year, but were still between 6th and 8th on those. It kept us out of the tourney despite being one of the most efficient offenses in the nation. Most people like to focus on offense, but there are several ways to win basketball games (same as football). If we're a really good defensive team that rebounds well, we can take a step back on offense and be a better team than last year's squad. Boyle stressed the importance of guys like Shane Harris-Tunks who plays great help/team defense, defends the pick-and-roll extremely well, and sets great ball screens on the offensive end. He may not have a stat line that wows you, but doing all that dirty work wins basketball games.

3. PuebloBuff

PuebloBuff Club Member Club Member

I've been bracing myself for the possibility that dre won't be quite as good as we've speculated, but if boyle is saying that, pass the coolaid. I'm in. *If he can draw defenders out to the 17 or 18 foot range, it will be a huge step toward closing the gap on the loss of higgins/burks/levi.

4. RK

RK UBL Club Member

If people honor Dre's pump fake outside we could be in for some showtime dunks

5. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

Just remember we have a limit of one missed dunk per game and usually Default takes the allocated one.

6. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I definitely would like to see us focus on defense. Best way to keep a young team in every game. Let the offense develop as the kids develop. Also this could set the tone for all future buff ballers that we focus on defense at CU and you better play it and play it well.

7. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I think Boyle is shifting towards a defensive squad more and more. If you look at the class of 2012 that we've pulled in so far, they all have two qualities -- they're very versatile (every one of them can play 2-3 positions easily) and they all are mentioned as being good defenders. It's obvious that he's trying to build a team that gives him matchup flexibility and that can shut other teams down, and I love it.

8. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

Watching the video from CUBuffs.com, I loved the way Coach Boyle stressed the matchup problems that a player like 'Dre can create. If he finds a consistent jumper he can go to in crunch time (not always easy translating a practice-perfected jumper to game situations) we're going to witness some seriously explosive ****.

9. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Last year 'dre averaged TWO missed dunks per game so there's only one direction for him to go!

10. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool