What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tiebreaker Scenarios for PAC-12 tourney

Anyway, I apologize for misleading you guys. I assumed the PAC-12 tiebreakers were the same as the Big 10 and other conferences.

Nothing would shock me.

No **** ... he sure as hell doesn't seem to be aware how badly we got treated this week re coverage by ESPN and the Pac 12 network. Or he doesn't care. :huh:

That being said ... I still think he's doing a good job. He just needs to straighten out some media issues.

While I agree with CVille that by all rights we should be in and not have to sweat Selection Sunday other than seeding ... I share your misgivings, and they are well informed. I too remember 2011, when Lunardi had us in, and then when we were denied, Bilas, Vitale, and others whose opinions I respect (even from ESPN) said we got hosed.

However, besides the difference in RPI between that year and this one that CVille pointed out, we have also since then established ourselves with at least a respectable national reputation, first by winning the 2012 Pac 12 Tourney, then taking Arizona to the wire in the Chengate game (wherein most national figures also said we got hosed ... but we sure got some national pub because of it), and then wiping the floor with said Arizona (sorry Adam) on Valentine's Day last year. Before all that, I would dare to guess that there were several eastern "sportswriters"/pundits/assholes that weren't even sure we had a basketball program.

In short ... this ain't 2011 ... and if we do get denied (even if we lose against Wazzu/USC) it will be even a bigger travesty than what happened then.

Good points LB, completely agree we have come along way since 2011. At the time, I believed the win at Stanford sealed it for us, but you always have to see how the rest of the conference and bubble shakes out. That's all. Win vs. Wazzu/USC and we're in. I'm just not as confident on us picking up that win after watching the last few games, with the scoring droughts and displays of offensive ineptitude.

The only way we are left out is if we don't finish vs. Wazzu/USC, the other bubble teams make some runs and the committee puts more emphasis on recent success vs. full season (essentially us with and without Dinwiddie) aka college football syndrome - what have you done for me lately. Unlikely, but let's not even make it a question vs. Wazzu/USC.

Anyway, I apologize for misleading you guys. I assumed the PAC-12 tiebreakers were the thee same as the Big 10 and other conferences.

No sweat ...

at%2Bleast.jpg

You tried to help out on a very complex situation. Rep. (ymssr or whatever we post when we're out of rep :huh:)

And here were all told there would be NO MATH!!! :bang:

Back