1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tim Tebow working with UCLA's OC

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by NashBuff, Feb 16, 2012.

1. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

2. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Wait. Didn't he radically shift his throwing motion between his sophomore and junior year at Florida? Worked with a professional and whatnot?

3. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Mazzone is one of the best, I hear. Smart move by Tebow. You can say what you want about the guy, but he works his butt off....hard not to respect that.

@Wally, one of the criticisms of Urban Meyer is that he did not help Tebow refine his throwing motion for the next level.

4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Junior and senior year, and it seriously affected his game for the negative. The accuracy issues you saw last year were non existent his junior year. Joe Montana, among others, is on record as saying that was a huge mistake.now that it's ****ed up tho, hope he can fix it.

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

glad to hear this rather than rumors he would be on dancing with the stars.

6. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

This won't help Tebow much. Mazzone doesn't really have a "guru" track record, he is just a decent offensive mind who runs the spread. Last I checked Tebow won't be running the spread. He helped Tebow before the draft, but McDaniels would have drafted him anyway. Tebow needs work on his footwork just as much as his throwing motion.

7. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Dancing with the Stars it is, then.

:woot:

8. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

Mazzone "helped" Philip Rivers, who has the ultimate efficient and accurate throwing motion.

9. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Tebow could have Montana, Elway, Marino and every QB guru on the face of the earth working with him and he would still be a bad QB.

10. ZKobalt

ZKobalt Well-Known Member

Phillip Rivers, Christian Ponder and Brock Osweiler at UCLA campus as well according to Bryan Fischer.

11. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

SI had a story lately about Bobby Sabelhaus, the #1 high school QB who went to Florida. His college career was basically destroyed because Spurrier insisted that all of his QB's throw with the same motion.

I think there is only so much you can do with a QB's mechanics before it really messes with them. There might be small tweaks here and there but trying to completely change it simply won't work.

12. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

Hence fixing footwork.

13. ElCunado

ElCunado Club Member Club Member

After the Broncos trade up to get Tannehill, it's all going to be a moot point. Get ready for a first round H-Back.

14. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

If he can get 8~12 TDs per year, then that is fine with me.

15. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

No thanks. Tannehill was the biggest choker on a team filled with choke artists and a staff that taught them well. Tannehill has "I'll lose it for you!" stamped smack-dab in the middle of his forehead.

16. ElCunado

ElCunado Club Member Club Member

Didn't say I agreed with it, I just think that's what is going to happen.

17. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Why is this thread in the Buff's forum and not the Pub?

18. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

I don't see that happening. I'll be floored if they go QB in the first. This team has so many other holes to fill that I seriously doubt they go QB next year.

19. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Well-Known Member

That qb from Chattanooga is interesting, believe he was originally at Tennessee, not 100% sure. Good athlete and can throw the ball pretty well. We could get him in later rounds, believe they projected him for the 3rd to 5th rounds. I hope they dont pick Tannehill, im hoping we get a lb, s, or dt with the 1st pick. Hell I wouldnt even mind an olineman if a good one fell in our lap, Im still not sold on few that start.

20. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

And again between his senior year and the NFL draft.

There's been a ton made of this before. ESPN specials and whatnot.

21. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I just don't get the hate. I mean, Tebow may not pan out, but, wow...there is so much love/hate for this guy, I just can't grasp it.

22. udubbufffan

udubbufffan New Member

I really don't get the hate either. He may not pan out, but they have won more playoff games in Tebow's one year then all the Cutler years combined. Anybody remember when Drew Brees was given up on by most teams in the NFL and this was after three years as a starting qb. I don't see why they don't just give him at least one full year including all preseason camps as the starting qb and see if there is some improvement.

23. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Could someone please point out where the "hate" was in this thread?

24. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

It involved a conference school's OC. If not, I would have put it in the pub.

25. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

This creates a problem that is a bigger PR problem than football problem for the Broncos. For this upcoming year there is no middle ground, they either have to keep him and make a commitment to him or get rid of him completely and take the ire of the people who love him.

If they get rid of him whoever follows will be held to an almost impossible standard. Any loss, any mistake will be greeted with "Tebow wouldn't have done that" or "Tebow would have found a way to win" or even "The rest of the team just played better for Tebow"

If you keep him but open the competition and he doesn't win the question will alway be "When is Tim coming in to save us" the pressure would be unbearable.

The only choice they may really have is to give him another year and let him sink or swim. If he fails, which I think is most likely some of the lovers still won't accept it but it will be easier to move on, succeed and he can prove the doubters wrong for another year.

Either way with the picks the Broncos have available and what is available in free agency I doubt they can find someone who can overcome the shadow of Tebow this year anyways. I don't especially like it but they don't look to have much choice, Thanks a bunch Josh.