What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Time/Date for Rocky Mountain Showdown (or whatever the CSU game is called)

I get the Mtn on DirecTV, and I dont even have the added sports pack. So most of the bitching in this thread is ridiculous. Noon start time sucks my balls tho

Does the MTN broadcast in HD? I don't have the Mtn. For you to even defend that ****ty ass network is too funny. And people are bitching because what was once a national tv game has been relegated to the Mtn. the bitching is hardly ridiculous.

Nothing to do with the conference...everything to do with the the person who was retained as our head coach...

:yeahthat: Some of you guys need to take off the black and gold blinders.. CU ain't on national tv because they suck (which is all Dan Talkins fault).. We should be fortunate that someone actually wants to televise this joke of a program right now..

Wainaminnit. What does ESPN and Fox know that the Pac10 doesn't?

The Denver TV market obviously doesn't matter anymore. The two biggest FB programs in the state are playing eachother and except for DirecTV subscribers, every other football fan will get the SEC, Big10 and other B12 games jammed down our throats instead.

Does the MTN broadcast in HD? I don't have the Mtn. For you to even defend that ****ty ass network is too funny. And people are bitching because what was once a national tv game has been relegated to the Mtn. the bitching is hardly ridiculous.

Nope, at least not at this time.

The Mtn. does have an HD channel. Not sure if it airs on everyone's provider, I think it is on Direct TV for sure, but it would be easy for you to check to be sure.

I just called the MWC office and left a message with their media guy to see what options are available for the game. Will post once I know more.

The Mtn. does have an HD channel. Not sure if it airs on everyone's provider, I think it is on Direct TV for sure, but it would be easy for you to check to be sure.

I just called the MWC office and left a message with their media guy to see what options are available for the game. Will post once I know more.

I have DTV and I just looked and there is no "MWCHD" channel, which I assume is how it would be listed. Now there's a 616-1 MTNa channel, which is presumably their alternate for maybe when there's more than 1 game going on that they want to show at the same time or something, but this channel doesn't say anything about it being HD.

I have DTV and I just looked and there is no "MWCHD" channel, which I assume is how it would be listed. Now there's a 616-1 MTNa channel, which is presumably their alternate for maybe when there's more than 1 game going on that they want to show at the same time or something, but this channel doesn't say anything about it being HD.

Yep that is the one (616-1). The report I read said that you had to manually enter the channel that it wouldn't show up on the guide or whatever. Not every game is broadcast on HD, they select one or two per week, I would assume (probably stupid to do so) that the CU-CSU game would warrant an HD slot at least.

Versus passed on the game as well, and chose the Pitt at Utah game that week.

Last edited:
Just got a call from a MWC associate commish.

He says that the game is locked into the Mtn network. It will be produced in HD. The Mtn HD channel is 616-1 and there is a Comcast HD channel also (he thinks something like 157-1, but it might change wherever you are at). The Mtn will air it on HD, but it is a regional decision to broadcast it on HD or not. Comcast hasn't said for sure yet about HD.

The Mtn. network is NOT on Dish Network and they are still negotiating to get on other cable distribution, so stay tuned if you don't already get it (or ask to get it).

Not sure if it is the same for everyone, but I get Comcast and the Mtn is on Channel 411.

Last edited:
He stated that Versus had first choice of games that week and chose Pittsburgh at Utah. Then CBS College Sports took the Washington at BYU game. Leaving all the other games to the Mtn, or not aired at all.

He stated that Versus had first choice of games that week and chose Pittsburgh at Utah. Then CBS College Sports took the Washington at BYU game. Leaving all the other games to the Mtn, or not aired at all.

It seems reasonable that you'd pick Pitt at Utah and Washington at BYU over CU vs CSU to me.

Just got a call from a MWC associate commish.

He says that the game is locked into the Mtn network. It will be produced in HD. The Mtn HD channel is 616-1 and there is a Comcast HD channel also (he thinks something like 157-1, but it might change wherever you are at). The Mtn will air it on HD, but it is a regional decision to broadcast it on HD or not. Comcast hasn't said for sure yet about HD.

The Mtn. network is NOT on Direct TV and they are still negotiating to get on other cable distribution, so stay tuned if you don't already get it (or ask to get it).

Not sure if it is the same for everyone, but I get Comcast and the Mtn is on Channel 411.

What you mean is that you don't get it unless you buy the Sports Package, right? Because DTV obviously carries it.

To your first paragraph - thanks, that's good to know that about the Mtn in HD. I'll keep my fingers crossed that DTV will put it on in HD.

What you mean is that you don't get it unless you buy the Sports Package, right? Because DTV obviously carries it.

To your first paragraph - thanks, that's good to know that about the Mtn in HD. I'll keep my fingers crossed that DTV will put it on in HD.

:yeahthat:

Unless DTV dropped the Molehill this morning, they certainly do carry it. This might be the first time I've actually watched it for more than 15 minutes, though....

:yeahthat:

Unless DTV dropped the Molehill this morning, they certainly do carry it. This might be the first time I've actually watched it for more than 15 minutes, though....

Whoops typo on my part. I meant that Dish Network does NOT carry the Mtn. Direct TV obviously does. sorry for the confusion.

What is the difference between Versus, FCS, and Mtn? Not much, if you ask me. Rams "home" game so FSN can't carry it. Don't forget, the 2006 CSU game was on CSTV. CU just needs to win, win, win, and this game will be back on ESPN/FSN.

What is the difference between Versus, FCS, and Mtn? Not much, if you ask me. Rams "home" game so FSN can't carry it. Don't forget, the 2006 CSU game was on CSTV. CU just needs to win, win, win, and this game will be back on ESPN/FSN.

It will be on ABC/ESPN/FSN whenever the Buffs are the "home team", at least until 2012 when the Big 12 might have a new cable rights package.

Whenever CSU is the "home team" it will be on either Versus, CBSCS, or the Mtn. unless the Mountain West Conference changes their TV contracts.

It will be on ABC/ESPN/FSN whenever the Buffs are the "home team", at least until 2012 when the Big 12 might have a new cable rights package.

Whenever CSU is the "home team" it will be on either Versus, CBSCS, or the Mtn. unless the Mountain West Conference changes their TV contracts.

Doesn't the MWC have some sort of clause in their TV contract that if one of the bigger networks like ABC or ESPN (I know, same company) comes along and wants to pick up an MWC team or teams for a certain game that they can? It would be stupid if they didn't because they could potentially be costing themselves quite a bit of money if one of their teams is involved in a big game that has national interest.

Doesn't the MWC have some sort of clause in their TV contract that if one of the bigger networks like ABC or ESPN (I know, same company) comes along and wants to pick up an MWC team or teams for a certain game that they can? It would be stupid if they didn't because they could potentially be costing themselves quite a bit of money if one of their teams is involved in a big game that has national interest.

I know that they used to, but I'm not sure anymore. The big Utah-BYU game in 2008 and 2009 were kept on the Mtn. The Utah-TCU game last year was also.

Maybe the Mtn. network has turned down options from the bigger networks in order to help their ratings? I'm not sure.

One thing that I missed before, is that the Mtn. network is owned by Comcast and CBS College Sports equally. The MWC has no stake in the network. The conference has a traditional contract of $120 million over 10 years.

Maybe with the Comcast (buying NBC Universal) and Versus relationship there could be some NBC national coverage in the future; but I think Versus is the most national they get right now.

When both schools suck, getting a regional broadcast on a network that many people don't get is the best you can hope for. This is all Bohn, and the CU admins fault. When you have a team that wins 3 games a year and the admin still says the HC is doing things the right way this is the result.

When both schools suck, getting a regional broadcast on a network that many people don't get is the best you can hope for. This is all Bohn, and the CU admins fault. When you have a team that wins 3 games a year and the admin still says the HC is doing things the right way this is the result.

Actually, isn't this Bohn's fault for agreeing to alternative home-and-homes with CSU which requires us to live with the MWC's horrible TV deal every other year?

Back