1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time for Josh Scott to Step Up

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffenuf, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

He's been a very good, yet quiet player this season, but with Spencer out, its time for him to step up and become an excellent player right from the opening tip-off. He can no longer afford to bide his time, the Buffs need him the whole game.

Same with XJ, two full halves of effort needed from him, here on out.

2. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

I don't think there's a lack of effort. Everyone is going to have to step up. No single player can make up what they potentially lost if Dinwiddie is out.

3. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Re: Time for Scott to Step Up

We need to have some better guard play. I think Washington's guards we probably +35 compared to Booker, Talton, Spencer and Hopkins. It is impossible to win when you play that bad.

4. mattrob

mattrob Club Member Club Member

Yep. The college game is dominated by guard play and we're suddenly below average in the backcourt. I really think Hopkins may be the key to this year. He's the one guy with the potential to make an impact right now.

5. seattlebuff

seattlebuff Well-Known Member

I don't think Scott needs to step up any more than he has. He's the only consistent offensive player we've had all year. Good for 14 and 10 a night. Maybe we need 2-3 more points but nothing more. He's been a stud.

We need (and have all year needed) someone who can hit a damn jump shot. It's pretty basic. It's galling how bad we are. We made ONE (yes, one) perimeter jump shot today. When is the last time you saw a "good team", a #15 team do that?

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Scott's got to somehow continue to do what he's been doing. Someone's got to get him the ball, though. ****.

7. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

We are going to have to have someone who can take the pressure off of Scott and hit some outside shots and drive hard to the rack. Scott needs to keep being who he has been. But damn we need XJ, Ski and Hopkins to grab the opportunity that is now in front of them. **** me this sucks.

8. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

Everyone has to step up...you can't expect one guy to do it all. Everyone else has got to clean up their game and be a little bit better, Scott included. There are a lot of shots and a lot of opportunities for this team to grow from this and keep this special season going the right direction.

9. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

The main thing is leadership out there, who will take the leadership role. Production can be matched for the most part by other pieces, but who leads and directs is the crucial X factor of missing the mayor.

10. SECOBuffsFan

I always thought that Dinwiddie was the calming influence and Booker was the vocal leader on this team. Spencer never seemed too vocal but that was just games...don't know about locker room or practice wise

11. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

See, I'd flip that. Ski's the one calming everyone down after committing fouls and politicking the refs. Spencer is the one I pictured trying to lead the team in the locker room.

12. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I'm impressed with you guys. I'm still in the **** **** **** **** **** stage.

13. SECOBuffsFan

You could be right...Booker's leadership now though is invaluable

I am most interested in seeing what XJ does from this point forward....to me he is the key to this whole season now

14. SECOBuffsFan

Many stages of grief....this too will pass

15. Goose

Agreed, but I just had someone tell me that Booker is definitely the locker room guy, so it appears I'm not right.

16. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

I'm still there.

17. HUFset

HUFset Well-Known Member

18. wyobuff

wyobuff Well-Known Member

Why is wes not mentioned here? He had a GREAT First half yesterday. I think he had 9 points, 11 rebounds and 2 blocks in the first half alone.
    He finished 11/13/4 - A full game like he had in the first half would do wonders for us.

19. seattlebuff

seattlebuff Well-Known Member

Alarming stats for us on the perimeter. Taking Spencer's numbers out, we're shooting 27% from 3. The guys who primarily shoot from outside (Booker, Talton, Hopkins, Fletcher, Stalzer) are shooting 39% collectively. I'd love to see our actual perimeter shooting %, it has to be in the low 30s.

With those stats staring Pac-12 coaches in the face, teams are going to absolutely collapse on us down low now. I see tough sledding for Scott and Gordon ahead. UNLESS somebody on this team suddenly finds the ability to get into open space and hit a jump shot.

20. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

They all have the ability to. Seems that pretty much everyone on the team can hit the three in shoot around, but in actual games situations... Need to figure it out.

21. Goose

J-Hop says otherwise.

#GameShooter