What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Time for Montez?

Idle wasn't really much of a fanboy of AZ or Nikk. The guy just really liked Barnett and hated Bohn, which didn't mesh with anything but buffscoop.

iirc, AZ was a big advocate of firing GB. But they did mesh on feelings about Hawkins. I don't think AZ was all that anti-Bohn since Bohn used to throw all media inside info if pushed for it. It paid to keep negative opinions of Bohn at no more than a low simmer.

iirc, AZ was a big advocate of firing GB. But they did mesh on feelings about Hawkins. I don't think AZ was all that anti-Bohn since Bohn used to throw all media inside info if pushed for it. It paid to keep negative opinions of Bohn at no more than a low simmer.

True, except for that whole Troy Calhoun deal.

Last edited:
Circumstances certainly can change but if MM pulls Sefo for Montez then that should be a red flag to RG that MM is not the guy. It's an obvious gamble of roster management and would show MM and this staff lacking confidence in their position. Roster mismanagement were negatives of both Hawk and Embree. No way should DH have had no serviceable defensive backs, and no offendive or defensive linemen near the end of his time. And JE played way too many of his incoming recruiting class.

A coach with confidence does not sell the future for the present. A good coach will work hard to make what he has serviceable and have a management eye to the future. Most college football has too much athlete turnover to be recationary.

Certainly the road is tough and I do not necessarily set the bar too high, but I believe for every season a good team metric is CU beats the teams they are suppose to beat, wins most the toss up games, pulls out one underdog victory and at lest shows productivity in the losses.

Right now MM is not meeting my standard. My patience has not run out yet but it is eroding.

Hopefully we see Apsay play some against Nicholls State. I really like Montez, but Apsay had some good film as well and seems like a nice fit for this offense. Not a great runner, but someone who can plays on his feet and is very accurate with the ball.

Circumstances certainly can change but if MM pulls Sefo for Montez then that should be a red flag to RG that MM is not the guy. It's an obvious gamble of roster management and would show MM and this staff lacking confidence in their position. Roster mismanagement were negatives of both Hawk and Embree. No way should DH have had no serviceable defensive backs, and no offendive or defensive linemen near the end of his time. And JE played way too many of his incoming recruiting class.

A coach with confidence does not sell the future for the present. A good coach will work hard to make what he has serviceable and have a management eye to the future. Most college football has too much athlete turnover to be recationary.

Certainly the road is tough and I do not necessarily set the bar too high, but I believe for every season a good team metric is CU beats the teams they are suppose to beat, wins most the toss up games, pulls out one underdog victory and at lest shows productivity in the losses.

Right now MM is not meeting my standard. My patience has not run out yet but it is eroding.

I agree with you about what signal is sent by burning the Montez red shirt. It's possible that Sefo had an off night in Hawaii, due to jet lag, lack of mental focus, insufficient prep, or whatever. Give Liufau a shot against UMASS and CSU to see what kind of rebound is in him. Sefo had a solid performance against CAL last year. He is capable of completing the deep ball and putting up big passing numbers. He deserves the benefit of the doubt by playing during daylight hours and at home. He has an upside much bigger than what we saw on last week on the islands.

However, if Sefo continues to struggle as the season wears on, there comes a time to start seriously thinking about whether the Buffs should be playing for pride in 2015 or playing for the future. Coach has an obligation to put the best QB on the field. If Montez proves he is that guy in practice, then get him on the field. Based on the depth chart now, however, Aspey and Gehrke deserve an opportunity before Montez.

Strong rumor that Matty Mauk may transfer from missouri because of a freshman named Drew Lock. Would we be interested?

He would graduate in december and be eligable next season.

Strong rumor that Matty Mauk may transfer from missouri because of a freshman named Drew Lock. Would we be interested?

I cannot think of a reason why not.

He has more wins to his credit than Jordan Webb did. Why the heck not?

Well, yes. Matty led Missouri to the (weak) sec east title last season, so I don't see much any comparison to webb.
Actually, a stout defense 'led' Missouri, but Matty didn't screw it up.

Back