What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Time is running out...

I am not getting my hopes up. I think that we will undersign by a bunch and later fill some of the spots with guys who slipped through the cracks. Be a pleasant surprise to get some of the Jersey kids, also to get a couple of guys who have actual BCS level speed and talent.

Hawkins turned CU into a fall back school for kids who didn't get offers from the big schools they wanted. The last couple of years we were signing guys who's best other offers were from MAC schools, mid-level C-USA schools, WAC schools, etc.

I think that Embree and EB are going to turn this around but it is going to take some time to get the message out to the HS coaches and build the relationships with the players.

I will be happy with a few kids coming in that Hawkins either wouldn't have gotten or would never have tried for just to prove to people that things are changing at CU and next years kids should pay attention.

Like you, I'm not expecting much, too late in the game. A couple nice players that help out in the next couple years would be great, and perhaps a couple more that wind up being good if not great players down the line would also be a bonus.

Next year will be more indicative of things to come.

Yes....don't blame a lame class on the new regime. Just look below to see the culprit (sorry Daah....Hawk never beat out the big dogs in recruiting...)

I'd rather short sell this class with a few great acquisitions than take a bunch of non-bcs roster fillers.

Sorry, the good news is you can save schollies for a rainy day, and we should if we aren't seeing the immediate boon in recruiting we thought we might.

I'd rather short sell this class with a few great acquisitions than take a bunch of non-bcs roster fillers.

Sorry, the good news is you can save schollies for a rainy day, and we should if we aren't seeing the immediate boon in recruiting we thought we might.

Totally agree.

We aren't in a position to stockpile scholarships as we have 25 seniors leaving next year, plus whatever other attrition there is. No matter how many schollies are availabe, we will be able to admit 25 kids period, and we are at that number already and without stockpiling will probably be closer to 30.

Whatever we don't use this year will result in a bigger class in 2013, which realistically won't help us much between now and 2015 or 2016.

Last edited:
A lot of truth to that but we are dropping a lot of BCS caliber players during this coaching transition. I hope there is a larger plan on the table ready to be implemented.

Who? Berglund's going to KU. It's not like we're losing him to OU or Texas. Farrow is signing with non-bcs Houston. Not sure where Sherry is going to go. Guess we'll see. None of these guys have shown they are players we couldn't easily replace tomorrow, not signing we will.

Time is running out...
FlavorFlav.jpg

For the white man. Just sayin'...

We aren't in a position to stockpile scholarships as we have 25 seniors leaving next year, plus whatever other attrition there is. No matter how many schollies are availabe, we will be able to admit 25 kids period, and we are at that number already and without stockpiling will probably be closer to 30.

Whatever we don't use this year will result in a bigger class in 2013, which realistically won't help us much between now and 2015 or 2016.

Attrition and graduation will be a great thing for this program. Loving all our buffs aside, purging this place of Hawkins' recruits will lead to better players coming in. Yes, that might make us freshman heavy at some points but for a team lacking serious talent, i don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. In fact, it's a pretty great selling point.

BTW, fixing this program won't be a one or two offseason deal. We've had five years of Hawkins baloney pumped into this program. It's gonna take a while to build this palace back to what it once was.

Back