1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to start getting rid of some of the coaches.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Goldenbuff12, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Goldenbuff12

Goldenbuff12 Guest

The staff is not getting it done.

2. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

I won't start calling for anyone's head yet, but the coaching staff is definitely not getting it done right now. Bad playcalling (the rollout with Cody only worked once all day long - the first time they ran it), they abandoned the run, etc.

3. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

Kiseau better teach these boys how to catch this offseason or he should be done and Riddle should be done now. Special teams is terrible this season, terrible.

4. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Yeah, maybe Hawk will get rid of himself as the game day head coach.. :smile2:

5. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

Oh please, this team shows 500% improvement over last year and you want to start seeing heads roll? Grow up.

6. Skidmark

Skidmark Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

On the bright side, not a single direct snap all game.

7. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

C'mon, a little premature aren't we? Sure today was frustrating beyond belief and the coaches blew it, but there are not going to be any major changes. Let's not be a bunch of knee-jerk buffoons.

8. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

:lol::thumbsup:

9. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Fire a coach after 2 years. Brilliant.:huh:

DustyRhodes likes this.
  10. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

I think "Time to start getting rid of some of the fans" would be a more appropriate title for this thread...

11. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

One of the things I take pride in, is the fact that we "Buffs fans" are not at all like Husker fans.

We need to stop being like the Husker fans. Give Hawk a little while to get his recruits in his system. Be patient instead of demanding we fire every coach and, once again, start over... We're not Husker fans and we need to stop that ****.

12. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

glad to see you are not bridge jumping, even though you are giving up the game in two weeks. :huh:

13. S00NER_Fan

S00NER_Fan Guest

You know it's not the coaches it's the players that suck. The coaches try but look what they have to work with. :thumbsup:

14. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

It must really suck to lose to a team of players that suck. Clearly any team that happens to is not fit to make a claim to a shot at the national championship...

15. CSU Husker

CSU Husker Well-Known Member

No husker fans were calling for coach firings before the end of the second season. So feel free to elaborate on your statement or else STFU.

16. LincolnBuff

LincolnBuff Active Member

We gotta give them time as we have a very young team and Hawk still has some rebuilding to do.

I would like to see him take fewer risks, though.:sad1:

17. BuckinFuffs

BuckinFuffs Active Member

I think this is fair, fewer risks...

We have to think of this like 'a political party'. You don't always agree with every agenda item, but on the whole if you agree with the direction you just gotta go with the good and bad decisions, and hope they learn from the bad before it costs more than it did today.

I like Hawkins, and I like the direction the program is going.

18. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

I wish these kinds of threads would just get deleted.

19. DustyRhodes

DustyRhodes Active Member

Given what Callahan was trying to do, and consdering his hire was not incestual at all, I think that most Husker fans were actually pretty patient with him.

And actually most people I talk to now about it only think he needs to be fired because after you have a year like we've had (getting blown out by almost everyone), you need a new body in there just because you're players have probably lost some confidence in coach. But most people I talk to about him, don't think he's a bad coach, they just think he's not the right fit here in "Stincoln."

I agree though, i think y'all need to have a little more patience with Hawk. He's been a winner everywhere he's been. Let him do his thing.

20. BeachBronco

Where Cally probably sealed his doom was not firing Cosgrove, he showed more loyalty to Cos then to the University, I think that is unacceptable anywhere.

21. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you, but at the same time I have this strange feeling that he is going to be given another year. The only way this happens is if he fires pretty much everyone of his assistants and hires new ones. I just don't see him staying if that happens. They may put him in a position where he's told
    "Your going to do this and if you don't like it quit!"

22. BeachBronco

How much luster does Dr. Tom lose if he retains Throatslash and then he piddles around again next season finishing below KU and Mizzou?

23. BIGREDIOWAN

Great point. He would lose a ton of faith from the locals and people would start questioning him then and I don't think he's going to let that happen. Callahan and him hate one another so I think it's all she wrote for Cally. The next coach that comes in is going to have enough talent to turn things around fairly quickly IF he does things correctly.

24. BeachBronco

but, here is an interesting scenario, say you guys beat us, and then go to a bowl, the one in Houston, against a Conference USA opponent and then you guys win, Cally wins 3 straight to finish the season including a bowl win. Not too many coaches get canned after that.

25. DustyRhodes

DustyRhodes Active Member

The point remains, that ya'll just need to have a little patience. Hawk will be fine.

26. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

What's going on with the world? A fusker is making more sense to me than half the posters on this board. WTF? :wow:

27. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

:lol: I LOL'd at your stupid post. :lol:

28. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

Look at it this way - at least we are not stuck with a **** for brains coach like Callahan.
    What's this? His 4th year and his biggest accomplishment was putting up a big score on mighty KSU. Nebraska will never get anywhere with him, and they just gave him a contract extension! Give Hawkins some time - let him have a few recruiting classes of his own. This year was a big improvement over last year, and who but some stupid red neck assholes who wear corn cob ***** hats say we can't beat their ****ty little team?

29. BIGREDIOWAN

Very interesting scenario, but don't put anything past us after firing Solich and having him finish the way that he did. I really don't know if anything will keep Callahan here. Unfortunately we will run into a situation where if the Huskers do beat the Buffs and win their bowl game it's very hard to fire Callahan and then find someone decent that wants to come in and try to live up to the expectations that Husker fans put forth. We could end up in another situation like before where we had to take someone other than our first choice. I don't want to do the experiments and "let's just see" anymore. It's a difficult situation.