What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Time To Stop Thinking That Les Miles Is CU's Next HC

LSU has as much talent as any team in the nation-they just don't normally play as well as they could.

they are pretty weak at QB though (although their guys played well enough today). But I agree, the talent that Les and his staff have accumulated down on the Bayou is pretty impressive.

I liked the unanimous booing by the LSU fans today after an illegal formation penalty. Imagine the heat Dan would be taking down there after the last 5 years..

He would have been gone after 2-10. If one year wasn't enough, he'd be gone after 6-7. Independence Bowls aren't allowed at LSU. Cotton Bowls and Capital One Bowls aren't good enough either

they are pretty weak at QB though (although their guys played well enough today). But I agree, the talent that Les and his staff have accumulated down on the Bayou is pretty impressive.

Louisiana has the one of the highest per capital players in the NFL. There is something like 30 guys who played high school football in NOLA that are in the NFL now. As the only real football school in the state LSU has it easy for recruiting.

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

He would have been gone after 2-10. If one year wasn't enough, he'd be gone after 6-7. Independence Bowls aren't allowed at LSU. Cotton Bowls and Capital One Bowls aren't good enough either

Gerry DiNardo says hi. So does Curly Hallman. Before CNS LSU had not been to a NYD bowl in 12 years.

Here's the crazy thing about Miles' situation in Baton Rouge. If his team ends up gong 11-1, playing in the BCS title gamed due to an Auburn loss, and wins a 2nd title in 6 seasons...most LSU fans will still not consider him a good coach.

Here's the crazy thing about Miles' situation in Baton Rouge. If his team ends up gong 11-1, playing in the BCS title gamed due to an Auburn loss, and wins a 2nd title in 6 seasons...most LSU fans will still not consider him a good coach.

A 1 loss LSU team over Boise? Guess that will be a topic now since UA is a 2 loss team. If UA beats the barn and the barn beats uf/usce in the SECCG aren't they a 1 loss team also? I always wanted an SEC team to whip the first non-BSC team in the championship game.

Yep. That strength of schedule gets better and better as North Carolina keeps winning ACC games.

Good enough for me. I haven't heard anything from Bama Charlie today - where is he hiding?

Inside a bottle of scotch.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Sorry, firing him after the nebraska game doesn't cut it. By Monday...
The seasons lost. To be honest, as long as he is not here next year I'm fine.

Maybe you should stop being a fan if he's not fired by Monday, because it's not gonna happen I can tell you that. I can tell you he will be fired after Nebraska and thats fine with me. I would like to see him fired now, but it wont happen. So no need to get worked up about it.

One of the articles said DiStefano was not at the game and traveling on CU or Pac 10 business somewhere out west. Bohn has to get approval for this move from his boss. Board of Regents consultation or approval may also be required.

LSU sucked in the 90's
Brilliant observation - name me one program that has never had a down period? ND overall is probably the most successful college program - how many years now have they been sucking on the big one. OU sucked for years before Stoops.

Why would I be hiding?

You never know what you get from CLM. Today you got a physical team that played smart and made few mistakes and didn't need to comeback to win. I still think he is more lucky to be at LSU than LSU is lucky to have him.

LSU has as much talent as any team in the nation-they just don't normally play as well as they could.
Saban got out coached by Miles. The score could have been alot more if they had taken advantage of 2 very good scoring opportunities in the 1st quarter.
But that's if's and who cares anyway - we beat you. I still have alot of respect for Saban and thank him for the time he spent at LSU. The program is better off now because of him. He took it over when we sucked.
OldTiger.jpg

It's not going to happen - Georgia has to beat Auburn, and Auburn has to lose to Bama because of the tie breaker - LSU lost to Auburn. I think Auburn will play in the BCS title game and win it. The SEC owns the BCS - just check the history if you don't believe me.

So I was at the LSU game, and first off LSU is a ***** hole. Even after the game people were walking around saying that they still want to get rid of Miles, I don't blame him if he were to leave. Funny thing was, in the middle of our epic melt down, people around me were getting texts about what was happening with our game. It was rather embarrassing.

It's not going to happen - Georgia has to beat Auburn, and Auburn has to lose to Bama because of the tie breaker - LSU lost to Auburn. I think Auburn will play in the BCS title game and win it. The SEC owns the BCS - just check the history if you don't believe me.

But Auburn could lose in the SEC title game and LSU could conceivably get to the BCS title game without playing in the SEC title game.

I think Oregon vs. Auburn would be a helluva game. I could see either team winning. Oregon's offense is really amazing. On the other hand I really think TCU could hold their own against ANYBODY. Their defense has allowed 23 points in the last 6 games. I don't care who you're playing that is amazing! Think about that, thats half a season and they have allowed less points in half a season than an average team scores in a single game!

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

But Auburn could lose in the SEC title game and LSU could conceivably get to the BCS title game without playing in the SEC title game.

Like Nebraska in 01

I think Oregon vs. Auburn would be a helluva game. I could see either team winning. Oregon's offense is really amazing. On the other hand I really think TCU could hold their own against ANYBODY. Their defense has allowed 23 points in the last 6 games. I don't care who you're playing that is amazing! Think about that, thats half a season and they have allowed less points in half a season than an average team scores in a single game!

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Like Nebraska in 01

Or, in the Buffs case, a single QUARTER!

Saban got out coached by Miles. The score could have been alot more if they had taken advantage of 2 very good scoring opportunities in the 1st quarter.
But that's if's and who cares anyway - we beat you. I still have alot of respect for Saban and thank him for the time he spent at LSU. The program is better off now because of him. He took it over when we sucked.
View attachment 5660

CLM did outcoach CNS yesterday-I guess I implied it but didn't say it.

Its not over clap clap clap clap clap

I hope you're right - this program needs some g**dam good news for a change.

Oh good, I was worried about it until you calmed my fears. I look forward to the daily updates this week of nothing happening.

Les Miles will be at LSU as long as he wants to be. The athletic director loves him as does the administration. Only way Les comes to CU is if he gets sick of the BS he gets from LSU fans and wants a fresh start somewhere.

On the button. LSU was pretty much a nobody prior to 2000 and the Saban years. Funny how so many forget that. Many subpar and a few decent teams. They would be crazy to get rid of Miles. LSU to CU would be a huge step back for Miles in terms of facilities, support and player options.

On the button. LSU was pretty much a nobody prior to 2000 and the Saban years. Funny how so many forget that. Many subpar and a few decent teams. They would be crazy to get rid of Miles. LSU to CU would be a huge step back for Miles in terms of facilities, support and player options.
You know nothing about the history of LSU football. Look up the winning percentage of games played in Tiger Stadium on a Satruday night since the stadium was built.

You know nothing about the history of LSU football. Look up the winning percentage of games played in Tiger Stadium on a Satruday night since the stadium was built.

And Nebraska was the victim of some of those Saturday night bloodbaths in Osbornes early days if I remember correctly.

And Nebraska was the victim of some of those Saturday night bloodbaths in Osbornes early days if I remember correctly.

Nope. 6 -6 tie in 72 or so. They had Charles "Sweets" Alexander as their back.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Oh OK...how Many SEC Title for them since '72 Mr. History? LSU has been decent but not near the level they achieved recently.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Now that I think about it..I don't think NU has lost to LSU in my lifetime. Couple of close bowl wins over them.

Back