What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Times like these

via DC
"True to his word, offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy called 12 rushing plays on first down. The Buffs averaged 1.1 yards on those snaps."

"We're not the most talented team out there, so we have to do it the right way," a disappointed Jon Embree said after losing his debut as head coach. "We can't put ourselves in second-and-long, we can't miss an assignment, we can't have illegal procedure, we can't have a holding call bring a 20-yard run back. We're not good enough to do that."

all can be fixed. we practically played the game with no running game and were still in it. this team is gonna be fine. now that they know what they have and have this tape we have a staff that will improve and teach these kids.

also anyone think we will see some tony jones in the cal game? im not saying i dont want speedy im just saying we didnt see tj on offense once.

great game fellas...i don't believe in bashing losers...your team actually had flashes of brillance. Give the team time to mature. Your HC is the hardnosed type; He wants to win like you... again it takes time...

via DC
"True to his word, offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy called 12 rushing plays on first down. The Buffs averaged 1.1 yards on those snaps."

"We're not the most talented team out there, so we have to do it the right way," a disappointed Jon Embree said after losing his debut as head coach. "We can't put ourselves in second-and-long, we can't miss an assignment, we can't have illegal procedure, we can't have a holding call bring a 20-yard run back. We're not good enough to do that."

all can be fixed. we practically played the game with no running game and were still in it. this team is gonna be fine. now that they know what they have and have this tape we have a staff that will improve and teach these kids.

also anyone think we will see some tony jones in the cal game? im not saying i dont want speedy im just saying we didnt see tj on offense once.

I didn't see jones. Buffs best chance at a win will be csu. Cal has 2 big talented wr's and usually have a good front 4. Cal doesn't play as well on the road but unless marshall can fix the OL in 1 week, we may be in for more of the same this saturday.

I have nothing but patience for this staff and team. They're installing a new o and a new d with remnants left by d2 slug. A decent QB who's been totally jerked around for three years, one competent D1 RB who happens to be small, a marginal O-line that looked like they need instant help - possibly from the Freshmen. An already much improved kicking game, although they need plenty of help in the return game. A decent D-line and linebackers, but a very green secondary. Best policy is patience while they rebuild what d2 burned to the ground.

I have nothing but patience for this staff and team. They're installing a new o and a new d with remnants left by d2 slug. A decent QB who's been totally jerked around for three years, one competent D1 RB who happens to be small, a marginal O-line that looked like they need instant help - possibly from the Freshmen. An already much improved kicking game, although they need plenty of help in the return game. A decent D-line and linebackers, but a very green secondary. Best policy is patience while they rebuild what d2 burned to the ground.

My concern is, Buff football may be worse than burned to the ground, thanks to Danny. He may have left the equivalent of an environmental catastrophy behind, something that will take years to fix.

If you don't want to see people ragging on the team don't go on a message board. One of the main reasons this place exists is for people to grieve and complain together, to each other, without storming the AD complaining to them. If we are not pissed off when we lose, we will never get better. No one should go up to a football player in class, or curse the coaches out on the street, but we can definitely vent here.

via DC

Damnit Coach, shoulder-to-shoulder! You shouldn't be bashing your team like that Coach! You need to be more supportive, this team doesn't need comments like that.

I'm for anyone saying whatever they want. I'm no censor.

I'm hoping for the best and remaining realistic. To each his own.

Maybe this team finds itself and blows up during this season. That would be awesome.

Last edited:
As long is everyone is showing up to the games and cheering for us to win then you can say what you want. But I heard a lot of people in the off season on this site say that we cant judge this coaching staff by year one. And I hope we can stick to that. We all know we gave Hawk too much time but everyone needs a little bit of time.

i am not upset with the bashing, i am not upset with the disappointment, i am not upset with the anger. I am upset with the way fans reacted. Some on this board and others acted like the whole season just went down the drain and they would turn there back on this program. That is what I am upset about. As fans... as true fans, we are supposed to support them through good and bad, win or lose. I didnt not see, or feel that sentiment last night and that is what bothered me.

As long is everyone is showing up to the games and cheering for us to win then you can say what you want. But I heard a lot of people in the off season on this site say that we cant judge this coaching staff by year one. And I hope we can stick to that. We all know we gave Hawk too much time but everyone needs a little bit of time.

True, but there does need to be progress. That's the thing that jumped out at me the most. This looked like D2 Dan's team. Poor OL play. Terrible special teams. Undisciplined.

They need to get better. It's not all going to happen at once, but it needs to happen, especially for the offense and special teams.

That said, I like our kicking game! :lol: The coverage, not so much...

My concern is, Buff football may be worse than burned to the ground, thanks to Danny. He may have left the equivalent of an environmental catastrophy behind, something that will take years to fix.
And to think that arrogant jackass said on his way out the door he had set the table for whoever came after him....:bang:

i am not upset with the bashing, i am not upset with the disappointment, i am not upset with the anger. I am upset with the way fans reacted. Some on this board and others acted like the whole season just went down the drain and they would turn there back on this program. That is what I am upset about. As fans... as true fans, we are supposed to support them through good and bad, win or lose. I didnt not see, or feel that sentiment last night and that is what bothered me.

If you're still a student, please do not lecture us on what it means to be a 'true fan'. Many of us have been fans since long before you were an itch in your daddy's pants. And if we're still here and still supporting the Buffs after the D2 Dan era, odds are good we aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

And to think that arrogant jackass said on his way out the door he had set the table for whoever came after him....:bang:

Maybe what he meant was that he set the table for the next guy to fail as spectacularly as he did?

Whining about people being critical of the play on the field or decisions made by the coaching staff has absolutely no correlation with anyone's level of fandom. Wait, I take that back. The reason many of us are critical is because we care about the team and the University. Its attitudes like Shldr2shldr's "everything will be ok" that led to 5 years of Hawkins as there was never enough pressure to force a change earlier. Everyone here is invested in the University of Colorado and as any entity the investors should demand the most from their investment. Many of us spend thousands annually on tickets, athletic department donations, and CU gear and want to see some kind of return on that investment. We set the bar higher and expect more both on the football field as well as the classroom, where is there something wrong with that. Is being critical worse than apathy, because that is the direction things continue to move. Show me a top 25 football program and I'll show constant criticism of players and staff.

Last edited:
Whining about people being critical of the play on the field or decisions made by the coaching staff has absolutely no correlation with anyone's level of fandom. Wait, I take that back. The reason many of us are critical is because we care about the team and the University. Its attitudes like Shldr2shldr's "everything will be ok" that led to 5 years of Hawkins as there was never enough pressure to force a change earlier. Everyone here is invested in the University of Colorado and as any entity the investors should demand the most from their investment. Many of us spend thousands annually on tickets, athletic department donations, and CU gear and want to see some kind of return on that investment. We set the bar higher and expect more both on the football field as well as the classroom, where is there something wrong with that. Is being critical worse than the apathy, because that is the direction things continue to move. Show me a top 25 football program and I'll show constant criticism of players and staff.

Rep

Well, he did. On a used Wendy's napkin, with a spork, on a carboard box, under a train bridge.

And for the record, I am not apathetic. I know that you cant fix five years of ****** coaching and recruiting in one off season. I am dissapointed; I had hoped for a win, but on the other hand, knew that this year could be brutal. And I know I have to relax and let everyone vent here. I have to learn to let it go, the way I can let it go that we will not be contenders for teh PAC 12 South this year.

Last edited:
I guess I'm a ****** fan because I get upset when we lose. Glad to know the band is still on board, that's a positive.

I guess I'm a ****** fan because I get upset when we lose. Glad to know the band is still on board, that's a positive.
You're not a ****** fan if you get angry when CU loses in anything. No one likes losing but the people that jumped off the deep end and started calling for heads after the first game are ****** fans. I was extremely pissed last night about the loss but you have to put it in perspective.

You're not a ****** fan if you get angry when CU loses in anything. No one likes losing but the people that jumped off the deep end and started calling for heads after the first game are ****** fans. I was extremely pissed last night about the loss but you have to put it in perspective.
Double speak. I have every right to get angry about losing gruenler. I don't like it and I don't expect that from CU Football. That is my perspective.

Just to set the table, I'm an alum (duh) my wife, sisters and kids are alums (actually youngest is a senior). I've probably spent more money supporting CU than anybody on this board (except DBT with 3 kids going through). I'm pissed off because a once proud program has been reduced to getting blown out at Hawaii. I do not blame the kids and never have, but anybody who calls him or herself a fan that does not get emotional about the program needs to be called out. I have every confidence that Embree and staff will right the ship, but in the meantime it's still very hard to take.

Was anyone really calling for heads? Seems to me most people were just pissed. Pissed about a lot of different things. Pissed at administrators not firing Hawk earlier. Pissed at Hawk for recruiting ****** players. Players not performing. Hell, I thought the coaches largely got a pass for last night.

Was anyone really calling for heads? Seems to me most people were just pissed. Pissed about a lot of different things. Pissed at administrators not firing Hawk earlier. Pissed at Hawk for recruiting ****** players. Players not performing. Hell, I thought the coaches largely got a pass for last night.
You should have seen what the BuffStampede looked like, same with chat. Everyone has the right to be angry, but the way some fans acted last night was asinine.

just support the team and dont freak out. i agree with shldr2shldr. i know everyone is mad, as fans thats fine, but dont just rag on the team because i guarentee if we win next week and play awesome everyone will be all happy and glad at the direction. win or lose we have to support the team. sure there are things we did bad last night. everyone knows that. but dont be dicks about it

Shut up you ****ing loser. I'm not going to pat a player on the back after playing ****** because he shouldn't be too pussy to deal with it. It is demeaning. If I don't act all ****ing pissed off at an embarassing loss to a bad ****ing WAC team, then the team should kick my ass for having such low expectations for them. If any of you know a player (and I ****ing know you do, specifically) and you tell them, "Hey, man, good game. Get the next one," then you are part of the problem. Unless they win, it isn't a good ****ing game and they should be mature enough to handle the truth. If I were in their shoes, I would hate if someone tried to tell me good game. It ****ing wasn't, so either keep your mouth shut, or tell me I suck because I do. ****ing pussies.

You should have seen what the BuffStampede looked like, same with chat. Everyone has the right to be angry, but the way some fans acted last night was asinine.

I still fail to see the problem. Fans are fans, we act emotionally as hell. I don't really care what fans say in the middle of watching our team stroll out there and lay an egg. If those posters came on the next day and made some big thread about firing Embree, I'd call them retarded, but in the middle of a game people can and should be pissed. Players should be pissed too. How did the Auburn players feel when half the stadium decided to walk out before they came back? I doubt they went into the fetal position and started telling coach that fans are being meanies.

Your little pansy attitude is part of the problem with this team imo. You think the players actually play that ******, head to allbuffs for a picker upper and read the **** we've been saying and think, "well damn, if they won't support me then **** them"? Hell, maybe that'd be the best thing for the team. At least they'd be mad at someone. They sure as **** didn't play like they were angry at Hawaii.

Yep, sure heard this tune oh so many times on AllBuffs over the last two or three years. Buffs lose, passionate fans express their frustrations and someone has to take it upon himself to become the deity that knows a little more than the rest and chide the gang for being disloyal and fairweather. You got a lot to learn about being a passionate fan sonny.

The Buffs lost, they didn't play well and they are probably not all that good. They may even be as bad as most experts think they will be this season. Don't kid yourself, Hawaii isn't all that good either, and their "Heisman Hopeful" QB has a snowballs chance in hell of taking home that hardware. The fact that the Buffs shut down the strongest feature of his game and he still burned them is not a testament to his prowess as much as it is a Buff fail. The Buffs have been making average QB's look like world beaters for a while now.

The Buffs suffer from a number of problems right now including a losers mentality and recruiting that we convinced ourselves wasn't all that bad at the time it was going on. "Diamonds in the Rough" I believe was the popular term around these parts. Hopefully Coach Embree will be able to improve on both as the season goes on. They will play better if they start believing in themselves more.
You may not like the critic going on here right now which is fine. We don't care much for your sanctimonious tone either. Knock off throwing stones at the great fans on this board. If they were really "fair-weather" they would have abandoned the program for some top 25 program long ago instead of drinking the Koolaid year after year and getting fired up at the beginning of every season. 1st game of the season the Buffs lose - again - give the fans a break - the fans will cool down if the Buffs start to win - and if the Buffs don't the fans will be justified in whatever they may be saying now.

Shut up you ****ing loser. I'm not going to pat a player on the back after playing ****** because he shouldn't be too pussy to deal with it. It is demeaning. If I don't act all ****ing pissed off at an embarassing loss to a bad ****ing WAC team, then the team should kick my ass for having such low expectations for them. If any of you know a player (and I ****ing know you do, specifically) and you tell them, "Hey, man, good game. Get the next one," then you are part of the problem. Unless they win, it isn't a good ****ing game and they should be mature enough to handle the truth. If I were in their shoes, I would hate if someone tried to tell me good game. It ****ing wasn't, so either keep your mouth shut, or tell me I suck because I do. ****ing pussies.

So you think we will start winning if everyone goes up to the players on campus and says "You ****ing Suck" to their faces? I think its a good idea, you should be the first to try it out. Maybe test it on Ryan Miller I would love to see that.

I still fail to see the problem. Fans are fans, we act emotionally as hell. I don't really care what fans say in the middle of watching our team stroll out there and lay an egg. If those posters came on the next day and made some big thread about firing Embree, I'd call them retarded, but in the middle of a game people can and should be pissed. Players should be pissed too. How did the Auburn players feel when half the stadium decided to walk out before they came back? I doubt they went into the fetal position and started telling coach that fans are being meanies.

Your little pansy attitude is part of the problem with this team imo. You think the players actually play that ******, head to allbuffs for a picker upper and read the **** we've been saying and think, "well damn, if they won't support me then **** them"? Hell, maybe that'd be the best thing for the team. At least they'd be mad at someone. They sure as **** didn't play like they were angry at Hawaii.
People in the first half in chat were saying how we made another ****** hire and all that ****. First ****ing game. I mean really, other than Slick, who's won their first game as a CU HC? We got killed by CSWho in Barney's first game and went on to stomp BC that year in a bowl game. As I said, no one should be happy we lost but people way overreacted IMO. I'm getting off my soapbox now and done with the subject. Time to move on and focus on beating Cal.

Back