What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tip of the hat to our early commits!

wsp4820

Evan Battey Fan Account
Club Member
Junta Member
It's only natural for us to get caught up in the "game" of recruiting down the stretch towards NSD and pay a lot of attention to the last guys to commit. Those guys are great players and certainly important members of the program, but I also want to give a big shout out to all of our early commits this year. We have a lot of guys who bought in very early to what our staff was selling and they stayed strong throughout the process. Guys like Shane Dillon, Tyler Henington, Jeff Thomas, Gerald Thomas, the Irwins, Gerrad Kough, Terrance Crowder, and Davien Payne (I apologize in advance if I'm forgetting some, I'm no Buffnik or Boulder Buff). These are players that could have played the game in the media, taken a bunch of extra trips, and tried to collect every offer they could. Instead, they chose to focus on school, their teams and on getting ready to be Buffs. These are players that turned down the chance to have their name up on ESPN or Rivals or Scout as a "big" name still on the board. These are players that said thanks, but no thanks when some of the "name" programs came knocking at their door throughout the fall.

Look especially at a guy like Clay Norgard. He is a major talent and was our very first commit of this class -- and he is already contributing to the program. Not only did he commit early and stay solid, he enrolled early to help with our numbers and so he could practice this spring at an unbelievably important position. He's just as important a commit as any one of the guys we got this year, but he didn't get a signing day ceremony yesterday, he didn't get his face in the local papers or on the 10:00 news, he didn't schedule his own press conference. He went to class, to the gym, to study hall (during Embo's presser, no less), and hopefully to get a burrito.

A big welcome to Clay and the rest of our early commits, we're proud to have you in the Black and Gold!

Tyler Hennington too. If you heard his interview on BuffChips last night, he was committed since day one, and never waivered.

Tyler Hennington too. If you heard his interview on BuffChips last night, he was committed since day one, and never waivered.

Added, I knew I'd forget at least one. Keep em coming, they all deserve props!

Good point wispy.

I was concerned that a few might jump ship, but none did. In fact, we had only 3 who de-committed and went elsewhere. Pretty amazing when you think about that, especially considering the size of the class.

The early commitments stayed solid the whole way, and that sends a positive message to other potential recruits. Kudos to all.

Watch out. If Embree and staff can get some big wins and a bowl appearance or two in the next couple years, they will be able to recruit like crazy! Love seeing progress!!!

Great point and major kudos to all these studs who WANTED TO BLEED BLACK AND GOLD since day 1.....They will all get their day in the sunshine as we cheer extra loud for them over the next coming years!!! :gobuffs:

And not that it matters in the end but I have no question that a number of these guys would have been rated much higher had they been participating in the open recruiting process. I know that some of them would have received the offers and attention from the schools with big subscription bases that seem to result in higher rankings. As it was they were either ignored or downgraded because they weren't in the converstation for those schools.

Much credit to the coaches as well! They did a great job of communicating and just reminding the kids that we are all in together, ride or die and they have never waivered from their support as well. Goes along way when you know folks are in your corner no matter what!

Also wanna give a shout out to you fans that keep hope alive when you may not think there is any. Its not always easy to stand against others and say that you will believe, een when you've been disappointed over and over. BUFF NATION is the ISH all day long!!!!!!!!

I said it before and I'll say it again, Norgard is my favorite in the class. Great talent and a Buff through and through, which he has already proven as pointed out but also by his willingness to play a new position to help the team. What a great Buff!!

Back