1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To all you sunshine pumpers out there......

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Swish, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

.......I wish you had been right. :nod:

It truly is a shame that this team couldn't have gone out and proven that every negative thing said about them was wrong.

All I want is a successful team again. I wonder if it is too late to ask Santa??

2. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

fify

3. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

There are no sunshine pumpers. You are addressing, well, no one.

4. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I think he was talking about guys like me who got pissed at all the anti Hawk sniping after CU made the decision to keep him for one more year. Our (my) attempts to keep things positive were attacked as "sunshine pumping." I don't think any of you that have ripped me even realize that I felt and hoped for a change after the end of the season. After it did not happen, then I was on the side of pulling for Hawkins to succeed and felt that the anti-Hawkins rhetoric was counter productive.

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I was what passed as a sunshine pumper this offseason. I was saying to take a wait and see approach while supporting our program and hoping for the best. Well, we waited. We saw. We continued to support the program. We got the worst.

Time to move on.

6. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

Not a slam guys, I'm serious.
    If your hopes had been realized the Buffs would be 5 - 2 or maybe even 6 - 1 right now and we'd have not only some hope for this coming weekend but we would also be dreaming of a decent bowl game about right now.

So much better than where the Buffs are now

7. BuckinFuffs

BuckinFuffs Active Member

I wasn't sunshine pumping but I was on the side of DBT on this. I found it to be disruptive, unproductive, and bad energy. I've stayed away for most of the last year and still don't come here to often. Its just not fun anymore.

That being said, I'm for a regime change now. I wish Hawkins, and his family the best, and am hopeful for better things for the Buffs in the near term.

8. DBT

Yep. We all love our Buffs. (And HATE the Broncs right now, :lol:)

9. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

I think there were quite a few of us who felt this team would win 7-8 games, and were sort of torn because that would have put Hawkins on the cusp.

No such worries now.

10. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

:wave:

:brick:

11. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

I don't think I can fault either side of the fence on how the fans behaved. There were those of us that wanted Hawkins to fail because we beleived we could not be successful under him and it seemed that the administration thought otherwise. Therefore, the only answer for us fans who beleived that, was for Hawkins to fail miserably. ON the flip side, some fans believe that you can never root against your team and that is admirable...... but look at the NBA. You can be stuck in purgatory in the NBA unless you fail miserably for a few years and have several top 5 draft picks to rebuild your team...

same concept....

in a few weeks, the divided house will be back again supporting a common goal...

12. DBT

Yeah, Philly, we will certainly be united very soon. I wanted Hawk to prove that he is a helluva coach. I'd say the majority here, like Sacky, never had any faith in Hawkins. Those folks were correct. Us folks were not. Damn.