What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

TO is moving quick.

There's no way Osbourne would sign on to run the Louisville offense at Nebraska. You'd sooner see him suspend a player for beating his mother in a cocaine induced fit of rage. :lol:

So I guess you're saying "NEVER" ???

they won't hire gill unless they run thru a bunch of candidates first. osborne likes gill, but he is not very experienced and he is hardly a "presence" yet. they'll want to get a guy who can fire them up.

it won't be a big name who is a current hc because all the good ones will have much better options than stinkoln where expectations and reality are not on the same page.

pelini is a real possibility. i think they'll go for a fiery coordinator from a major program. they want someone who can rally the troops. that's another reason shortbus shawn watson won't get the job-- he's not enough of a leader. i am not too worried about pelini if they get him. he's ****ed in the head and he doesn't have the skills to run a program, imho. he will recruit well and the defense will be improved.

we will see. i think they'll be down for at least a couple more years no matter who they hire.

the time for our Buffs to sieze control of the north is now. mizzery has athletes but they also have pinkel. ku is a flash in the pan and they were living a lie this season. CU can own the north for the next few years but our Buffs have to go out and get it now. it starts with recruiting.

just got an email from one of jim grobe's sons, he's supposed to interview with dr. tom tuesday.

This is a name I didn't want to see. This guy won at fricken Wake, for pete's sake.
I was much more content to see them foam at the mouth with twitterpation over Bo. Bo would be a meltdown waiting to happen. Everytime I see him I think of him tracking down Kstate's most famous Depends endorser.:lol:

I've got to be honest, I kind of like Pellini. You always want to play for a guy who might be able to kick your ass, or would at least give it a shot.

I'm actually hearing Gill's name being mentioned for the CSU vacancy. Wouldn't that be fun for you buffies?:smile2:

Last edited:
I'm actually ring Gill's name being mentioned for the CSU vacancy. Wouldn't that be fun for you buffies?:smile2:

CSU is severely ****ed. They had their nice little run in the 90s. The are back to being terrible. The CSU job would be a down grade for Gill at this point.

Last edited:
FWIW, I see it as Bo's job if he wants it. There is still good talent on the team, and one thing you know his team will be is tough. Could be interesting next season if the takes the job. The knock on him, from what I understand is recruiting.

I see Gill as the insurance policy so we dont see a repeat of what happened last time. He takes the job if its offered, I just dont know if he is proven enough yet to be the right hire, right now.

Im going on record again saying the guy I would like is Gary Patterson. Arent hearing too many rumblings about him though.

FWIW, I see it as Bo's job if he wants it. There is still good talent on the team, and one thing you know his team will be is tough. Could be interesting next season if the takes the job. The knock on him, from what I understand is recruiting.

I see Gill as the insurance policy so we dont see a repeat of what happened last time. He takes the job if its offered, I just dont know if he is proven enough yet to be the right hire, right now.

Im going on record again saying the guy I would like is Gary Patterson. Arent hearing too many rumblings about him though.
I think the talent level is high at NU. They need that toughness you speak of above...

I'm actually hearing Gill's name being mentioned for the CSU vacancy. Wouldn't that be fun for you buffies?:smile2:

Somebody with ties to both CSU and the fuskers?? :wow:

My God, can you imagine what kind of freakshow that person would have to be?? :lol::lol:

if true it'll be interesting to see who pellini's OC happens to be. i know he really loves bienemy and wanted bienemy to be his OC whenever pellini got a HC job. can't see eric in red though...

if true it'll be interesting to see who pellini's OC happens to be. i know he really loves bienemy and wanted bienemy to be his OC whenever pellini got a HC job. can't see eric in red though...

EB seems motivated by money (like all of us). He went from CU to UCLA to the Vikings while siting family reasons for leaving Boulder. I'm not being a hater but I get the feeling we didn't get the whole truth either.

I hope your right.

ps. the NU alumni plane is still in Atlanta.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N7NE

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2007/11/25/4749cd307e9d9

Last edited:
am i the only one that isn't enamored with pellini?

did the plane ever go to Buffalo or Winston-Salem?

I think Pelini is a HUGE gamble. In my opinion, it's VERY risky to give the keys to a guy who's never been a head coach. Might turn out to be a home run, but I think it's much more likely to be flaming wreck (not that there is anything wrong with that!).

am i the only one that isn't enamored with pellini?

did the plane ever go to Buffalo or Winston-Salem?

The recruiting firm is that NU contracted is in Atlanta. On their way to Atlanta they picked up Pellini. Supposedly Pearlman and Osbourne were on the plane.

Rumor is that they flew Gill to Atlanta for the interview.

Also, you have Petrino at the Falcons that has expressed the desire to go back to college game.

Pellini was improvement over Craig Bohl's defense. He did good at OU and LSU. I think he is a very good DC. The question remains as to wether he dynamic enough, PC enough, to be a HC. Many rumors exist that his rough around the edges.

The apocalypse my friend. Cats and dogs living together. Mass Hysteria!:smile2:

Looks like Dr. Tom won Pellini over:

Nebraska football players will gather at 4 p.m. Tuesday. But Tim Cassidy, NU’s director of football operations, cautioned fans and media not to read too much into it.

Cassidy told the Journal Star on Monday that players will vote for the team MVP, discuss academics and the team’s annual banquet. “We would be doing this whether there were a coaching change or not,” Cassidy said. “There’s nothing significant, other than we always come together at the end of the season.

“We want a good pulse on the kids. We want to make sure they’re handling their business as well.”

All current players, including this year’s seniors, received text messages on Monday afternoon from Cassidy inviting them to attend.

At this point who really knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bo might not be on at NU just yet...

Les Miles had this to say on his Monday press conference.

On the rumors of defensive coordinator Bo Pelini interviewing with Nebraska…

“Bo Pelini has not traveled to any place. I have been with him everyday. The only thing that I can tell you is I don’t know what your information is and I don’t have a lot of information on it. I know that he is preparing our team for our season and the SEC Championship. I can also say that I would recommend Bo Pelini to any school. I think he is a quality coach and wonderful colleague. He is focused on the task at hand and I don’t think he would have it any other way.”

http://louisianastate.scout.com/2/705673.html About 1/2 to 2/3 of the way down

Don't count your Bo's before they hatch.

Bo might not be on at NU just yet...

Les Miles had this to say on his Monday press conference.

Don't count your Bo's before they hatch.

Reports are that there is a plane that is schedule to travel to Cinci tomorrow.

Reports are that there is a plane that is schedule to travel to Cinci tomorrow.

footballscoop (which as we all know is never wrong when it comes to gossip) says Brian Kelly has the inside track to the Michigan job. It would be hard to compete with them.

footballscoop (which as we all know is never wrong when it comes to gossip) says Brian Kelly has the inside track to the Michigan job. It would be hard to compete with them.

I agree. I don't think we are going to nab that guy unfortunately. He was my top choice for our new head coach. There are sooo many rumors flying around that Pelini got it, now Turner Gill has it, and blah blah blah. Unfortunately I wish those types of rumors had other coaches names in it. Who knows though maybe they would be outstanding head coaches for us. :confused:

I agree. I don't think we are going to nab that guy unfortunately. He was my top choice for our new head coach. There are sooo many rumors flying around that Pelini got it, now Turner Gill has it, and blah blah blah. Unfortunately I wish those types of rumors had other coaches names in it. Who knows though maybe they would be outstanding head coaches for us. :confused:
I've got to tell you, Big Red, if I was a child of the corn, I would be clamoring for Pellini as well. He is just what you guys need. You have talent, he will kick those kids' butts into gear and instill some toughness. You watch, in two years it will be Hawk v. Pellini for the North every Thanksgiving. Order will have been restored to the universe and we can actually base our irrational dislike of each other on something substantive.

I've got to tell you, Big Red, if I was a child of the corn, I would be clamoring for Pellini as well. He is just what you guys need. You have talent, he will kick those kids' butts into gear and instill some toughness. You watch, in two years it will be Hawk v. Pellini for the North every Thanksgiving. Order will have been restored to the universe and we can actually base our irrational dislike of each other on something substantive.

I couldn't agree more. I like a coach that looks like he wants to be out on the field kicking ass as much as his players do. Based on the one game that he was head coach, it looks like he will help our defense get back to that nasty place they used to be.

Well I hope your right because I would rather have him than Turner Gill. I just don't think Turner has done enough for me to believe in him. At least Pelini has been at a big program and done some pretty decent things there. Although some of the LSU fans say they want him gone because he started having his defense playing not to lose instead of playing to win. :confused:

Well I hope your right because I would rather have him than Turner Gill. I just don't think Turner has done enough for me to believe in him. At least Pelini has been at a big program and done some pretty decent things there. Although some of the LSU fans say they want him gone because he started having his defense playing not to lose instead of playing to win. :confused:

I will admit ahead of time that I really don't know much about either Gill or Pellini but I just don't get this. Gill has head coaching experience, Pellini has none. Since leaving Nebraska Pellini has been a good assistant at a SEC powerhouse that consistantly recruits top 10 talent. Gill has been a head coach at a program that was a regular on ESPN's bottom 10 list. Personally, I'd prefer the guy that knows how to get it done as a head coach, but I admit it's a gamble either way.

Back