What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Toby Neinas resigns

I'm sure all coaches contribute to a degree, Leavitt was recruiting Kemp after all, but somebody has to be primarily responsible for the area. We're not pulling Leavitt out of Florida so he can recruit a kid from Pueblo.

Actually they did have him on Isaiah p. From pueblo before he committed to CSU.

in state recruiting is everyone's responsibility since there is little to no travel involved.

Walters had the biggest presence the last few years in state so I don't know what the plan is.

I'm sure all coaches contribute to a degree, Leavitt was recruiting Kemp after all, but somebody has to be primarily responsible for the area. We're not pulling Leavitt out of Florida so he can recruit a kid from Pueblo.
I don't know, that Pueblo kid is pretty darn good.....

Good luck, Toby.

Okay, I'll post again.

dancing-penn-state-hockey-fan-dancing-sports-fan-gifs.gif
Why are you and BP wearing pedo state gear?

Lots of quality programs share the ST responsibilities.

As to Colorado recruiting lets see who fills the coaching opening first before they announce who has what areas. Also have to wonder if we don't have one more assistant who will be "resigning" in the near future creating yet another opening on the staff.

Good luck to Toby.

As Nik mentioned, it sounds like he was a great guy, so you can't hate too much here.

I'm not saying Neinas should still have a job but the play of the o line directly relates to the amount of blocked kicks imo. Really it's the starting o line and a few of their backups out there on special teams. Now that you guys point out he was the CO recruiter maybe the next special teams guy will figure out the best kicker in the state is as good as the best kicker in all of Mexico

I'm not saying Neinas should still have a job but the play of the o line directly relates to the amount of blocked kicks imo. Really it's the starting o line and a few of their backups out there on special teams. Now that you guys point out he was the CO recruiter maybe the next special teams guy will figure out the best kicker in the state is as good as the best kicker in all of Mexico

Yes the line for placement attempts is mostly the same as your OL, no it isn't the same thing.

Good ST coaches figure out where the weaknesses are in technique and formation and attack those. The guy coaching the kick team has to figure out his own weaknesses and the strengths of the opponents rush and neutralize it. Those same teams blocking kicks against us weren't blocking kicks every week against other teams. Nienas was not doing the job.

We also got punts blocked multiple times without fixing the problem. We also got outgained by a wide margin on returns.

Wish Toby the best but unless we mess up hiring this will make us a better team.

What are the chances we actually hire another ST coach? Given this failed expirement. And with Chev already being the recruiting coordinator (which is something I could see a ST coach being) it seems like bringing in a coach/recruiter to help out in another position would be more useful. Is it possible MM takes over ST?

What are the chances we actually hire another ST coach? Given this failed expirement. And with Chev already being the recruiting coordinator (which is something I could see a ST coach being) it seems like bringing in a coach/recruiter to help out in another position would be more useful. Is it possible MM takes over ST?

0% that someone will be hired whose only duties are as Special Teams Coordinator.

I have to laugh. the tone of this thread seems to be "good luck muthaka".

so be it. let's get good.

Friends, Buffs, taigaters, lend me your beers;
I come to bury Neinas, not to praise him.
The bad coaching that men do lives after them;
The good is often interred with their bones;
So let it be with Neinas. The noble Allbuffs
Hath told you Neinas sucks;
If it were so, it was a grievous fault;
And grievously hath Neinas answered it
So, you readily admit being a contemporary of the Bard, eh?

0% that someone will be hired whose only duties are as Special Teams Coordinator.
If we say to every player, do what your high school coach told you to do, we will vastly improved. If we say to the punter, just kick it as hard as you can, we will be improved. Seriously, it isn't hard to implement a punt scheme that isn't consistently blocked. Sometimes basic old school has been around because it works.
At this point I am just telling myself that dancing on the graves of past lovers and rivals is not who I want to be.

And we digress. Did Neinas do anything besides coach ST's? Like, did he help with defensive backs or something? It seems to me that guys like Mac and GB didn't have dedicated special teams coaches. What will Mac2 do to fill Neinas' position? Dedicated ST coach or a position coach with ST duties? Sorry if already discussed.

Back