1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today is the day

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by dio, Nov 21, 2012.

1. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I know many of you are already doing this, but today is the day to have your opinion heard by CU officials. Nothing is guaranteed, but a window was opened yesterday. The regents and the administration are listening, as is the media. If you haven't done so already, then it is time to get loud. Here are some suggestions:

Nothing is guaranteed - and I know some of you are disinclined into this sort of activity - but spending a couple minutes today pushing your opinion could go a long way towards the decisions that are made Friday night.

2. 13Buff

13Buff Club Member Club Member

Broken down from above so you can cut and paste.

To:

"Michael Bohn" <Mike.Bohn@Colorado.EDU>; chancellor@colorado.edu; "Bruce Benson" Bruce.Benson@cu.edu
    CC:"Tillie Bishop" <Tillie.Bishop@cu.edu>; "Steve Bosley"; <Steve.Bosley@cu.edu>; "Jim Geddes" <jim.geddes@cu.edu>;
    "Irene Griego" <irene.griego@cu.edu>; "Kyle Hybl" <Kyle.Hybl@cu.edu>; "Stephen Ludwig" <Steve.Ludwig@cu.edu>;
    "Joe Neguse" <joe.neguse@cu.edu>; "Sue Sharkey" sue.sharkey@cusys.edu; "Michael Carrigan"
    Michael.Carrigan@cu.edu;
    jim.senter@colorado.edu; michael.rorabaugh@cufund.org

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  3. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

4. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Done....

5. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

this should be 'pinned' or 'saved'

but will bump to keep towards the top-

6. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

should we write our own or would a form letter work?

7. dio

write your own....

8. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Make sure when you write them, you let them know that you are willing to donate to help fund the buyout.

9. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

bumpity bump. planning on submitting my own shortly.

10. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

Don't usually do this but sent in my thoughts. Hopefully they are listening.

11. cubuffthis

cubuffthis New Member

Sent mine to the regents and Bohn this morning. This thing is going to explode. There needs to be competancy and a coach that has an idea of what is going on instead of being lost.

12. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Just sent mine. Can you clarify what window has opened by the way?

13. dio

Mainly, we've seen some responses from Regents in support of the emails they're receiving. Specifically, Tillie Bishop responded to the CU leadership yesterday, copying Buffalo Brad, stating his agreement that Embree is causing major problems for the school and alums.

Additionally, we're starting to get feedback from the media on Buffnik's open letter that was posted last evening. That, in conjunction with the Ringo article from a few days ago, as well as rumors that we're hearing here at Allbuffs make it seem that keeping Embree for a third year is not set in stone. If that is the case, then we just need to make sure that leadership is aware that the fans are watching and they're holding their wallets.

14. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

dio already responded.

15. boydbuff

Thanks dio. that helps. If there is indeed a window, you are right that it is between today and Friday. We can assume Embree will do his part to help our case by leading the team to another embarrassing loss. I am hopeful that the stadium is half full so the financial case is obvious.

Has anyone done any real analysis on the lost revenues from lack of attendance and concession sales alone? Also someone mentioned that there a bunch of boxes that are up for renewal. How much does CU legitimately stand to lose on a weekly basis if JE is not hired, just based on those easier to get numbers (not including other lost revenue from merchandise sales in stores and lost donations)?

16. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Cut and paste email addresses above.

State my name, season ticket numbers (with associated donation of course) and linked to Buffnik's article.

Ask them to consider this and without complete change, I will not renew. Period.

17. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

I pains me to say but we can only hope. Unfortunately a win over Utah would be perceived as progress by this Admin.

18. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

For those of you on twitter, make sure to tweet Chris Fowler in all of this.

19. buffalocu81

buffalocu81 New Member

Sent my e-mail to the regents and a separate e-mail to Mike Bohn and Bruce Benson. Let them know, the current situation is unacceptable and I will not be renewing my season tickets next year.

20. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

It's important that peoples' voices are heard.

I've made it clear where I stand. Whatever your opinion may be, I encourage you to weigh in with the powers that be. We all care too much about the Buffs to remain silent.

21. boydbuff

And to think you didn't even attend CU. Not sure I've ever met a more passionate fan of a college football team who didn't actually attend the university :)

I am starting to get a good feeling that the Administration may just not be able to look the other way-sounds like lots of people are voting with their pocketbook informing the admin that they will not be renewing season tix.

22. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I even emailed the regents. Thought I was too apathetic. Wow. Looking forward to the on radio meltdown.

23. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Money is everything in this. If we can the staff, we're going to have to overpay (due to perception) for the next guy, whether he is a big name or a young genius. That incoming coach is going to demand a huge buyout clause (due to perceived job security)... and we're going to have to stomach that. Not sure if the decision makers are able to get past that.

24. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

Sent a letter to the regents. I was a little mellow dramatic but hopefully a different enough flavor that it may get heard.

Summation: Tough love. It pains me to do so, but I am pulling my support of CU in hopes that such a drastic measure will convince the powers that be that action must be taken. I am not pulling my support out of anger but out of love for CU and a desperation which resulted from no other efforts successfully inspiring the leadership to take action. In essence, my last ditch effort to support my buffs entails me having to pull support for my buffs.
    Life's cruel ironies.

25. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Bull****. Embree will have been fired for very good cause, not prematurely. Any coach who's team is putting up FBS worst numbers on offense and defense deserves to get fired and any applicant worth a **** would agree.

26. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

This seems like a disaster all around

27. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

They want to make a public argument about everything except money.

It would be interesting if someone could do a financial email. I'd be interested, too. What does another 20% dip in season ticket sales mean? What if it's 20% across the board - concessions, parking, donations, etc? What is the impact with the Boulder Chamber of Commerce if there are 10k less fans coming to CU on game weekends? What if this causes a 5% dip in university donations?

Maybe just asking these questions is enough, but some hard numbers from a case study would be much more impactful.

28. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

I think boils down to... "Row well and live!"

[video=youtube;4QScWm06H9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QScWm06H9c[/video]

29. NattyQ1230

NattyQ1230 Member

Fellow alumni here from Portland, Oregon. Just sent my letter.

Lt.Col.FrankSlade likes this.