What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Todd Graham on CU

He's a really, really horrible human being?

Seriously, he's about as slimy a head coach, as they come. I'm guessing you know his history, but if you don't, he got his first HC job at Rice. They had a good year (went from 1-10 to 7-5) and he said all the usual, "I want to take Rice to the big time...I want to be the Joe Paterno of Rice...etc." He signed a big, new contract extension and bolted for Tulsa about 2 days later. He stayed there a couple of years then left for Pitt. He stayed there all of 1 year and left for ASU, employing the always classy, having his Football Ops guy text the team to tell them that the coach is gonzo.

I think I've posted it before, but the Marching Owl Band (MOB) did a great halftime show when Rice played Tulsa, the year after he left Rice. http://mob.rice.edu/history/scripts/200711240

There is nothing wrong with coaches leaving their current jobs for a better one, and they get to be the judge of what constitutes a better job. But there are good ways to make that transition and there are bad ways to make that transition.

Is he really a horrible human being? I don't know. But his actions as a head football coach suggest he might be.

Was it two years ago that an ASU player clotheslined a CU player during a return. It was bad. Like, the player should have been ejected and maybe sat out a game or two bad. After the hit, the cameras focues on the guilty ASU player, and he and a buddy were pointing at the jumbotron replay laughing and dancing, while our player was down on the field.

I'm pretty sure that was Graham's first season. Culture starts at the top. Graham reminds me of Erickson.

Was it two years ago that an ASU player clotheslined a CU player during a return. It was bad. Like, the player should have been ejected and maybe sat out a game or two bad. After the hit, the cameras focues on the guilty ASU player, and he and a buddy were pointing at the jumbotron replay laughing and dancing, while our player was down on the field.

I'm pretty sure that was Graham's first season. Culture starts at the top. Graham reminds me of Erickson.
Almost everything that comes from ASU is pure evil. Almost.

You remember that game in 2007 or so? Cody torched them early on for a few tds but they came back and won (hawking it). Well they had several really bad personal fouls where they killed our return guy on a fair catch.

You remember that game in 2007 or so? Cody torched them early on for a few tds but they came back and won (hawking it). Well they had several really bad personal fouls where they killed our return guy on a fair catch.

I remember that game. 2006 I think, in Tempe. We started off with a touchdown lead (after ASU bounced a fumble off of the endzone cone) and then the team collapsed.

I used to date an ASU girl when I lived in San Diego, so I went to Tempe regularly. Everything about that place was so out-of-whack with my personal value system. Just sleazy and creepy (which seemed like it would be in-line with my values, but it was a different brand of sleazy and creepy).

It was the place that middle-aged former hair-band members went to open bagel franchises.

I remember that game. 2006 I think, in Tempe. We started off with a touchdown lead (after ASU bounced a fumble off of the endzone cone) and then the team collapsed.

I used to date an ASU girl when I lived in San Diego, so I went to Tempe regularly. Everything about that place was so out-of-whack with my personal value system. Just sleazy and creepy (which seemed like it would be in-line with my values, but it was a different brand of sleazy and creepy).

It was the place that middle-aged former hair-band members went to open bagel franchises.

Wasn't 2006 Hawks first year and had we funk in the trunk as our QB and not Cody. Lots of bad repressed football memories during the past decade.

So it was 2007. We were up 14-0. I vaguely remember a few more dropped tds. But ASU had 5 personal fouls. Always a classy team.

Last edited:
He's a really, really horrible human being?

Seriously, he's about as slimy a head coach, as they come. I'm guessing you know his history, but if you don't, he got his first HC job at Rice. They had a good year (went from 1-10 to 7-5) and he said all the usual, "I want to take Rice to the big time...I want to be the Joe Paterno of Rice...etc." He signed a big, new contract extension and bolted for Tulsa about 2 days later. He stayed there a couple of years then left for Pitt. He stayed there all of 1 year and left for ASU, employing the always classy, having his Football Ops guy text the team to tell them that the coach is gonzo.

I think I've posted it before, but the Marching Owl Band (MOB) did a great halftime show when Rice played Tulsa, the year after he left Rice. http://mob.rice.edu/history/scripts/200711240

There is nothing wrong with coaches leaving their current jobs for a better one, and they get to be the judge of what constitutes a better job. But there are good ways to make that transition and there are bad ways to make that transition.

Is he really a horrible human being? I don't know. But his actions as a head football coach suggest he might be.

As some added context, Graham insisted on re-negotiating his contract with Rice based on his supposed commitment to the school. He negotiated a nominal extension (6 months added onto his existing contract), but with a significant pay increase. As it turned out, his whole goal was to drive up his price for Tulsa. During meetings to negotiate the raise with the Rice Athletic Dept., he faked a stomach problem and excused himself to the restroom. From the bathroom stall, he made calls to Tulsa to negotiate the salary for their HC position, using parameters from the ongoing discussion with Rice to push Tulsa for more $$. Graham signed the Rice extension with his usual rhetoric of having found a home and then bolted for Tulsa within days.

A douchebag he most certainly is.

Going for two, running it up, leaving the starters in... All these things are done to teams that the better team believes will not be able to make you pay for down the road. Bottom feeders don't get payback. They just get beat down again. You want respect? You want the other team to not pull classless bush league moves? Then make them ****ing pay. Make them pay so that it hurts and they remember. We want to see Colorado get treated the way we used to be? We have to punch them in the mouth and win. Relying on the good graces of your opponent when they don't believe you'll ever be a danger to them is pure folly. Get mad and get even.

scoring points > mouth punching

As some added context, Graham insisted on re-negotiating his contract with Rice based on his supposed commitment to the school. He negotiated a nominal extension (6 months added onto his existing contract), but with a significant pay increase. As it turned out, his whole goal was to drive up his price for Tulsa. During meetings to negotiate the raise with the Rice Athletic Dept., he faked a stomach problem and excused himself to the restroom. From the bathroom stall, he made calls to Tulsa to negotiate the salary for their HC position, using parameters from the ongoing discussion with Rice to push Tulsa for more $$. Graham signed the Rice extension with his usual rhetoric of having found a home and then bolted for Tulsa within days.

A douchebag he most certainly is.

i wonder how coaches get treated by the fans and the admin when they don't win?

looks like a two-way street to me

Coaches don't say bad about each other. It's like A-list movie stars...they all say nice things about each other because you never know where the next job is coming from and you have to see each other at events.

No kidding. Coaches are not fans. It's not a game to them; it's a profession, it's their business, their livelihood. One accountant to another.

scoring points > mouth punching

i wonder how coaches get treated by the fans and the admin when they don't win?

looks like a two-way street to me

No kidding. Coaches are not fans. It's not a game to them; it's a profession, it's their business, their livelihood. One accountant to another.

and CU hired Skippy...and Embree

Multi-quote, dude. Learn it, love it.

if asu were shut down, where would all the strippers be claiming to be paying for their pre-med majors by temporarily stripping?

I bet it means absolutely nothing, he'll leave as soon as a step up from ASU offers. Just like he did at Rice, then Tulsa, and finally Pitt.

There is a reason ASU had to make it clear that the old AD couldn't talk to Graham once he was hired at UTerus

Yeah, that makes a pretty strong statement. It'd be like me donating $200 to my wife getting a boob job. With that kind of investment, I ain't leaving!

Which reminds me...

When I was dating that girl at ASU, we were looking at the school paper during a September visit. There was a prominant advertisement for boob jobs under the title (tittle?) "Back to School Special!".

Good times, Tempe. What a ****ing ****hole.

500k is a probably more than a quarter of Graham's post tax income. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ees-contract-extension-arizona-state/2834009/

DBT, you shouldn't be short changing your wife's boobs like that.

I don't think Graham is writing a check for that amount, but rather pledging that amount over some time frame. They were purposely vague from the news release I saw.

Probably more like $100k increments for 5 years, cancelable if he leaves employment for any reason....

I don't think Graham is writing a check for that amount, but rather pledging that amount over some time frame. They were purposely vague from the news release I saw.

Probably more like $100k increments for 5 years, cancelable if he leaves employment for any reason....
Point stands even at 1/20 of Graham's yearly post tax income if DBT is only donating $200 :smile2:.

Back