1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tom Herman - Ohio State OC

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by White_Rabbit, Dec 9, 2012.

1. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Herman_(American_football)

I have been railing hard against coordinators that work under HCs that are oriented towards their side of the ball, but maybe that's a stupid reason to hate on a coordinator prospect?

Urban Meyer's two previous OCs seem to be working out moderately well. What about this guy? He's from California, has been at two big schools and has apparently been really successful everywhere he has been. Plus apparently word was we were looking at spread OC candidates, and anyone that isn't Mark Helfrich makes me happy.

2. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

There's some thing about his background that distinguishes him from the run of the mill coordinator that works under a HC oriented towards their side of the ball.

Chiefly, that he was successful along the way at several stops, including the BCS level. Iowa State was a pretty good offense, all things considered. Which is why Urban Meyer went to him.

He's young and he's really smart. Smart guys who are upwardly mobile can learn a great deal from their mentor.

I have no problem with going that route as long as the guy is a real talent. I'd prefer Kliff K. but I wouldn't dismiss a guy like this out of hand.

3. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

this will make the academics happy...

4. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I really don't know much about him beyond his wikipedia page, so he could be straight up terrible for all I know. It just seems unlikely to me that we could get Mullen, so maybe we could get the next Mullen?

5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Would a genius take this job? :lol:

6. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Hard to argue against picking fruit from the Urban Meyer coaching tree