What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Toney Clemons: Bringing back the swagger

yeah great. a transfer needs to make the "swagger" back. for Colorado football.

i guess somehow swagger is better than junk in the trunk or Boise mojo.

Last edited:
Lets just hope they are a great two years for him and the team. Guys that think like him, and can hopefully play like he talks mind you, is why I started watching CU as a kid. We played anyone anywhere back in the day, our squads had swagger no doubt. I hope the team adopts how that guy is, we need it.

yeah great. a transfer needs to make the "swagger" back. for Colorado football.

i guess somehow swagger is better than junk in the trunk or Boise mojo.
I see you're having a bad day Mick. Cheer up!! :smile2:

I really hated all that "off the mountain top and out of the valley" crap that Hawk espoused when he got here, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt since he had been successful at Boise.

Now I look at guys like Saban, Meyer, Muschamp, Stoops, Miles, Leach, Mangino, Pelini, even Paterno and now I'm convinced that philosophy is just plain wrong.

I can't think of a single coach using the "even keel" approach successfully. Carroll and Tressel aren't overly firery guys, but their teams sure as hell are.

This team has been so good at staying off the mountaintop that the fanbase is trapped in the valley. Hawk might want to give the mountaintop a try before telling his team to stay off it.

Last edited:
With that kind of attitude, Mr. Clemons can expect to be on the bench a lot this year.

Sounds like he is going to be nothing but problems for Juicebox. We can't have players showing any emotion or getting into anyone's face. Sets a bad example.

I'd love to see some swagger like the late 80's and 90's teams. Nasty on defense and guys who EXPECTED to win. Problem is, Dan doesn't believe in revenge, getting fired up before games or being pissed after losses. Maybe enough guys will get tired of losing and show some pride and bring some swagger. I like this young man's attitude,hopefully it spreads.

Can we bring Tyler Brayton back for a couple of practices to hit people in the head with a helmet?

i would be very surprised if that was the case. clemons was running with the ones today.

Hawk is playing mind games with our futures foes. Simple Jedi mind tricks. It will be a sad day when we move away from the 3-4 yard pass into the flats to our slowest receiver on third down. Something the we have perfected, not just under Hawk, but Watson liked it too. Albeit, TC is something to look forward to this year. Buffs.

Last edited:
Back