1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tony Jones gets little respect from ESPN

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffsNYC, Apr 25, 2012.

1. BuffsNYC

BuffsNYC Uptown Club Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/37756/pac-12-running-back-rankings

I like ESPN's Pac 12 blogger, and I didn't hold it against him when he rated Wood as the worst QB in the Pac 12. After all, nobody's seen any of CU's quarterbacks play much. But I'm here to guarantee that Tony Jones will not only be in the top 10 rushers in the Pac 12, but will be in the top 7 in rushing+receiving yards. The guy runs hard, catches the ball well, and CU's rushing offense was only getting started last year. With better fullback and TE play, Jones will have a great season.

2. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

At this point, it doesn't really matter. Talk mean nothing. If we produce on the field, then it will just mean that much more love from the sports media when it happens.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

They're underestimating ToJo. He'll be a good back for us this year.

4. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

If we are anywhere near a bowl team this year, it is because Jones has had a similar season to Speedy in 2010.

5. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Looking at the quote in the initial thoughts, I think he gets plenty of respect. It's the rest of the team that's a big question mark and I can't argue with that.

6. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

i know htis threadi s about tojo... but why does josh ford never see the field... is he that bad of a pass blocker?

7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Likely because he is an average running back.

8. BuffsNYC

BuffsNYC Uptown Club Member

I've heard it's pass blocking and pass catching that's holding him back. I think we see more of him this year, at least at the beginning of the year.

9. Jaximus

Jaximus Club Member Club Member

I'm guessing we'll have 2 or 3 backs in the top 15 by 2014. Hard nosed Buff running is on its way back!

10. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

I'm going with no respect - if you click on his name, you get Tony Jones, WR Northwestern.

11. HUFset

HUFset Well-Known Member

Explain to me how 13th out of 12 teams is respectful, even a little. Don't say De'Anthony Thomas either.

12. ZKobalt

ZKobalt Well-Known Member

Wait, just saw the post above me lol. Anyways, it's fair, he hasn't done anything to warrant a higher spot on the list.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  13. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

It is hard to make predictions when they haven't had much to see to base an opinion on.

The Buffs will miss Speedy who was a guy who did more than anyone ever thought he would. I think ToJo is going to do the same. In my mind he has a good shot at being a better back than Speedy was. His O-line will again be mostly unproven and he is a small back by AQ standards. He doesn't have the elusiveness of Speedy and almost nobody has the small area quickness he has. On the other hand Speedy was much more quick than fast. What I have seen from ToJo is that he has better overall speed and is also harder to bring down, not going down on first contact as easily.

If he isn't getting respect at this time next year then we are in trouble but for this year this stuff doesn't bother me.

14. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Give everybody a nice big ****burger to eat. Always sweet to produce and play like they dont think you will. Hopefully the guys can do that.

15. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Expecting better fullback play? Based on what? Hmmm.

We will be picked dead last which is ideal. Embree needs to exceed expectations. That will keep recruits interesred. See Tad Boyle.

16. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

Evidence?

17. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Tony and the Buffs offense will exceed these low expectations. To what degree? I have no idea.