1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tony Jones

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Jul 11, 2006
    Have posted it a couple times now, but I am so psyched to see this kid take the field in the fall. He seems to be impressing just about everyone so far.

We need someone to help Speedy carry the load and I think Jones can definitely help. So glad we lucked into this one. He is my early pick for breakout player on offense.
  2. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2005
    there's something to be excited about, one thinks. i know the previous staff was calling his name a lot at the last scrimmage of the Fall.

i'll be interested to see both Speedy and Tony run with a blocking FB in the mix. somebody who can get in a lane or out on the corner and put a hat on a LB.
  3. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Jan 21, 2011
    It will be great to have two players who run very much the same way. Some games last year speedy looked gassed. We can build this season around the small but very fast backs. And when lock gets back from injury we have a change of pace back that is looking to pound it up the middle. The run game should be fun to watch. I like what embree said yesterday. The offense had 184 yards rushing but he wants it up around 250. If we start averaging 200 yards a game on the ground, no team will be able to compete at altitude. That team would be unstoppable at folsom.