What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Top 2013 Target?

Who is your top target for 2013?

• Dakarai Allen, SF

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Jaron Hopkins, PG

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Torren Jones, PF

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Zach LaVine, PG

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Marcus Lee, PF

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Rashad Muhammad, SG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jahmel Taylor, PG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paul Watson, SF

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
As of right now, it appears that CU will have one scholarship for 2013 (Chen's). That could change in the next few months as there are rumors that we might sign a sixth member for the 2012 class. We also could have attrition on the roster opening up other scholarships. Needless to say, no matter what, I'm feeling that it's safe that we will have at least one scholarship for the 2013 class. So I'm curious, of confirmed offers we have out right now, who would be your number one choice?

Note: I removed players that have committed elsewhere, ruled us out, or appear to have ruled us out. I have a feeling Isaac Hamilton would win if I didn't and for obvious reasons. Also, the numbers in parenthesis are the stars according to Rivals/Scout/ESPN in that order.
Who'd you vote for? Why?

probably Marcus Lee and mostly for his ridiculous offer list. Like the versatility of Jaron Hopkins.

Isaac Hamilton is a SG/PG we need. Talk about national attention.

After the loss to Stanford last night I am voting for a 6'8" power forward who can run the floor, defend and shoot like the ones Stanford has.

Here is a recent highlight video of Hopkins
[video=youtube;MA7Vso5BnzU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA7Vso5BnzU[/video]

What this team desperately needs is somebody who can create his own shot and hit it any time he needs to. Somebody like Levi Knutson. A guy who will make the defense come out to the perimeter and help us get back into games with his 3-point shooting. We're lamenting the loss of Burks and Higgins, but the guy I think we miss the most is Knutson.

What this team desperately needs is somebody who can create his own shot and hit it any time he needs to. Somebody like Levi Knutson. A guy who will make the defense come out to the perimeter and help us get back into games with his 3-point shooting. We're lamenting the loss of Burks and Higgins, but the guy I think we miss the most is Knutson.

Knutson didn't create his own shot, he was a catch and shoot guy. I know what you mean though.

... Somebody like Levi Knutson. A guy who will make the defense come out to the perimeter and help us get back into games with his 3-point shooting. We're lamenting the loss of Burks and Higgins, but the guy I think we miss the most is Knutson.
AMEN ... great observation!

Agreed that a shooter would open things up, especially for a guy like Scott inside. I'd be very happy with a dynamic point like Hopkins though. Anyone who can consistently score is much-needed!

Here is a recent highlight video of Hopkins
[video=youtube;MA7Vso5BnzU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA7Vso5BnzU[/video]
Finally got a chance to watch this and it definitely didn't disappoint. There's no doubt he's an elite athlete. The final clip, where he catches and turns in mid-air, and throws down the reverse oop, was really impressive, especially for a kid who will be playing the point in college. He made Jones look pretty good in a lot of those clips too; Torren didn't have to work very hard for a lot of his buckets.

Back