What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Top 25 and Other Hoops Games: Week 9

I didn't notice it at the time but they didn't give Hield 3 feet on that last inbound. I'm not sure they gave him one, ha ha. Oh well, they don't call it, they don't call it. OU had chances besides that specific play.

Refs would usually blow the whistle and back the defender off in that situation. KU guy was on the sideline and reaching over. It looked less like an inbounds play and more like a player getting trapped in the corner. Unfortunate.

Yeah I know they usually back them off before they even give you the ball to throw in, when I played anyway. Guess he just spaced it off.

Refs would usually blow the whistle and back the defender off in that situation. KU guy was on the sideline and reaching over. It looked less like an inbounds play and more like a player getting trapped in the corner. Unfortunate.
We were thinking the same thing. It was crazy. The media/scorers table was right behind him and he had to stand almost on the sideline. The defenders toes were touching the sideline.and he was reaching in with his hands right in Hield's face. We couldn't believe the refs, first, weren't aware of the issue before hand and, second, didn't stop the clock and force the defender to give more space. It was, frankly, BS.

OU panicked at the end and tried to shoot way too soon. But it would never have gotten to that point if that dude Lattin had made his free throw at the end of, can't remember if it was regulation or the first OT. But it was tied with about 2.7 seconds to go and he was at the line. Clanked it. He's a 52% FT shooter, so, with the pressure, the odds were probably against him.

What I'd give to have Buddy Hield in a Shocker jersey... cold blooded killer out on the court.

Gotta hurt a bit more since he was from your own back yard. We were recruiting him, Spangler, and Hornbeak (not sure he's still on the boomers roster).

Those first two wudda looked good on your team, our team, hell just about any body's team right about now.

Gotta hurt a bit more since he was from your own back yard. We were recruiting him, Spangler, and Hornbeak (not sure he's still on the boomers roster).

Those first two wudda looked good on your team, our team, hell just about any body's team right about now.
Sort of a little bit of a double edged sword to say he's from our own back yard. He's from the Bahamas, it's just like he spent a year of vacation in sunny and beautiful South Central Kansas for his senior year of highschool. It definitely gives WSU a leg up that Sunrise is in our backyard, but I think it's a little different in relation to someone like Conner Frankamp who actually grew up in Wichita.

Speaking of Wichitans/Kansans, could you guys imagine a WSU squad that had Ron Baker, Conner Frankamp, Perry Ellis, and then add a Buddy Hield or someone of his caliber that played at Sunrise. Woooooo baby, that'd be fierce.

Hmmm, didn't know the whole background on Hield, and my comment wasn't meant as a slight to the Shockers. In fact, since you filled in the missing pieces, it's even more surprising he chose the boomers.

Hmmm, didn't know the whole background on Hield, and my comment wasn't meant as a slight to the Shockers. In fact, since you filled in the missing pieces, it's even more surprising he chose the boomers.
Just letting you know I didn't take it as a slight, no worries!

Sort of a little bit of a double edged sword to say he's from our own back yard. He's from the Bahamas, it's just like he spent a year of vacation in sunny and beautiful South Central Kansas for his senior year of highschool. It definitely gives WSU a leg up that Sunrise is in our backyard, but I think it's a little different in relation to someone like Conner Frankamp who actually grew up in Wichita.

Speaking of Wichitans/Kansans, could you guys imagine a WSU squad that had Ron Baker, Conner Frankamp, Perry Ellis, and then add a Buddy Hield or someone of his caliber that played at Sunrise. Woooooo baby, that'd be fierce.

Imagine CU this year if our senior backcourt was Tyrone Wallace and Buddy Hield. Both came on OVs and were close to committing.

If those guys came to CU, what do you think the chances they would have come back vs going to the NBA. My thoughts are they would be gone. So a bit of apples and oranges, but I would still would have loved to see them here.

If those guys came to CU, what do you think the chances they would have come back vs going to the NBA. My thoughts are they would be gone. So a bit of apples and oranges, but I would still would have loved to see them here.

Why would they be more apt to leave CU for the NBA than Oklahoma or Cal?

Why would they would be more apt to leave CU for the NBA than Oklahoma or Cal?

Just history with Alec/Andre/Spencer. I feel that Tad would have leaned a bit more to getting a paycheck.

And for the record, I would most likely agree with them to leave.

Committing for the draft after your Junior year is a crapshoot. It worked out for Andre and Spencer (given the circumstances).

I would say Hield has increased his draft stock by being the featured guy on the #2 team in the nation. 46 points (yeah I know, 3 OTs) in the most high profile game of the year will do that alone.

It seems like Tyrone Wallace is being overshadowed by Rabb and Brown and his decision to stay and play in a less-featured role may ultimately cost him a few slots. Lots of season left for this to play out.

Marquette just beat Providence on the road in a game that featured two potential lottery picks, Henry Ellenson (Marquette) and Kris Dunn (Providence). Entertaining television.

Marquette just beat Providence on the road in a game that featured two potential lottery picks, Henry Ellenson (Marquette) and Kris Dunn (Providence). Entertaining television.

Big East is going to be a bloodbath this year.

There are really going to be only a handful of elite teams in CBB this year. Crazy.

Tourney is going to be wide open. Since no one is going to overwhelm with talent like Duke/Kentucky/Wisconsin last year, this season is going to be all about which teams gel in March from among a group of about 20 teams with enough firepower to go deep.

There are really going to be only a handful of elite teams in CBB this year. Crazy.

You really think there's any truly ELITE team? Personally, I think the rhetoric going into the season still holds true about the championship being wide open. A lot of teams look really good, without any team really separating themselves as elite in my opinion. Oklahoma the other night impressed me the most of any team so far by taking KU to the wire and then some in Phog. But...ISU can hang with OU too. I think Gonzaga is really solid, especially if their injured big comes back. Maryland is playing well, but definitely beatable by many teams. UNC is solid, but won't make the FF imo. MSU is beatable, UK is beatable, etc. I think there is NO elite team, and a dozen plus really solid teams, and personally, I hope it stays that way.

I agree that this year is wide open. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 1 or 2 teams in the Final Four that casual college basketball fans won't know much about.

Michigan State still hasn't lost when their Wooden award candidate Denzel Valentine has been on the floor. Not saying they are in the same category as some of the teams from these past couple of years but fully healthy Izzo teams historically have a high probability of making the Final Four.

UVA falls at Georgia Tech. Jackets are improving, but this has been a disastrous week for the Hoos. First back to back losses since 2013

Back