What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Top 25 & Other Hoops Games - Week 11

Good result with the Providence win.

Pitt getting killed at home by NC State (44-19 at half). This would be another great result for us. Pitt is 1 spot ahead of CU in RPI and was also 26th in the AP poll.

Good result with the Providence win.

Pitt getting killed at home by NC State (44-19 at half). This would be another great result for us. Pitt is 1 spot ahead of CU in RPI and was also 26th in the AP poll.

Pitt had been coasting by on an extremely weak schedule. ACC starting to expose them (and NCSU is atrocious).

South Carolina got a decent win at Ole Miss in OT. They play some good defense. Typically physical Frank Martin team that didn't give up a basket the last 4+ minutes to come back.

Still not wild about South Carolina, but they're good enough to combine the weakest OOC imaginable with weak SEC opposition and end up with a really good record.

SMU had to fight back to tie the game against Houston right before half time. BTW SMU is where Froling is visiting right now.

I think I'd be more likely to vote Villanova #1 than North Carolina. But I don't know that any team looks like a #1 right now.

Refs just threw out a kid in the SMU game because the student offered the ref his glasses.
200.gif

I have not been this excited about VT basketball since we last made the NCAA tourney in 2007(IIRC).

for those not paying attention to the ACC (can't blame you), VT is currently in second place. Second ****ing place. Ahead of Duke, Louisville, Virginia, Notre Dame, Pitt, Syracuse, Miami.... Second place.

if we win tonight @ Notre Dame (slim chance), and Carolina loses at home to Wake (even slimmer chance), the Hokies will be in first place. I would be so excited, even if it's just tied for first place, even if it's only for two days, it would probably be difficult for non-Hokies to be around me.

beating my chest now, as VT will probably dump their next five games, and could easily lose the next nine. or worse yet, we hang in near the top of the standings and some "basketball first" school snatches Buzz from us.

I have not been this excited about VT basketball since we last made the NCAA tourney in 2007(IIRC).

for those not paying attention to the ACC (can't blame you), VT is currently in second place. Second ****ing place. Ahead of Duke, Louisville, Virginia, Notre Dame, Pitt, Syracuse, Miami.... Second place.

if we win tonight @ Notre Dame (slim chance), and Carolina loses at home to Wake (even slimmer chance), the Hokies will be in first place. I would be so excited, even if it's just tied for first place, even if it's only for two days, it would probably be difficult for non-Hokies to be around me.

beating my chest now, as VT will probably dump their next five games, and could easily lose the next nine. or worse yet, we hang in near the top of the standings and some "basketball first" school snatches Buzz from us.

Just think, you could have had enjoyable seasons like this for the past 5 years had Weaver not decided 20 win seasons and the bubble were somehow below VT ;)

Great start. ACC is insane. This middle portion of your ACC schedule is rough, but VT is selling themselves short at this point if the aim isn't for a winning overall record and a postseason tournament of some sort.

Nebraska is at Michigan State. Miles has had their number, beating them in the last 2. If Sparty loses, they drop quite a bit and also influence Florida's SOS a lot... moving CU to #19 in RPI. Fuskers lead early, 20-14 and heading to the line with under 12 minutes in the 1st.

Spartans now under .500 in the B1G and face Maryland this weekend. Looking more and more like another year of being seeded in a spot where they make some top seed have a miserable experience in the Sweet 16.
I don't know. To me MSU the last couple weeks have been playing like the team they really are. Good. Not close to great. Any team that starts a stiff like Costello shouldn't be sniffing a top ranking IMO.

I don't know. To me MSU the last couple weeks have been playing like the team they really are. Good. Not close to great. Any team that starts a stiff like Costello shouldn't be sniffing a top ranking IMO.

That's MSU's regular season deal, though. Then they get in the Dance and stream roll their way to the Elite Eight at minimum

Texas is about to win at West Virginia. That shakes things up a bit.

****ing Root TV cuts away from the tied VT @ ND game with 3:40 left to catch the start of the CSU @ AFA game.

Michigan St supporting the radioactive children of Flint Michigan. About basketball though, I remember reading an AAU story about Trimble and Collier and how Collier held his own against him. I wish that Collier would show up. He's been moving in the right direction recently. I just wish he would attack more. Trimble is always putting pressure on the D

Back